It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Denial Of The Left

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

I think..... I found the particular speech that made me so angry.
(I forgot, before I flung myself headlong into threading here on ATS, "Pics or it didn't happen!")

www.guardian.co.uk...

February 2009

I know that for many Americans watching right now, the state of our economy is a concern that rises above all others. And rightly so. If you haven't been personally affected by this recession, you probably know someone who has - a friend; a neighbor; a member of your family. You don't need to hear another list of statistics to know that our economy is in crisis, because you live it every day. It's the worry you wake up with and the source of sleepless nights. It's the job you thought you'd retire from but now have lost; the business you built your dreams upon that's now hanging by a thread; the college acceptance letter your child had to put back in the envelope. The impact of this recession is real, and it is everywhere.

market. People bought homes they knew they couldn't afford

even as we make hard choices to bring our deficit down.

I want to speak plainly and candidly about this issue tonight, because every American should know that it directly affects you and your family's well-being. You should also know that the money you've deposited in banks across the country is safe; your insurance is secure; and you can rely on the continued operation of our financial system. That is not the source of concern.

The concern is that if we do not re-start lending in this country, our recovery will be choked off before it even begins.

You see, the flow of credit is the lifeblood of our economy.

I understand that on any given day, Wall Street may be more comforted by an approach that gives banks bail-outs with no strings attached, and that holds nobody accountable for their reckless decisions. But such an approach won't solve the problem. And our goal is to quicken the day when we re-start lending to the American people and American business and end this crisis once and for all.

I intend to hold these banks fully accountable for the assistance they receive, and this time, they will have to clearly demonstrate how taxpayer dollars result in more lending for the American taxpayer. This time, CEOs won't be able to use taxpayer money to pad their paychecks or buy fancy drapes or disappear on a private jet. Those days are over

So I know how unpopular it is to be seen as helping banks right now, especially when everyone is suffering in part from their bad decisions. I promise you - I get it.

But I also know that in a time of crisis, we cannot afford to govern out of anger, or yield to the politics of the moment. My job our job - is to solve the problem. Our job is to govern with a sense of responsibility. I will not spend a single penny for the purpose of rewarding a single Wall Street executive, but I will do whatever it takes to help the small business that can't pay its workers or the family that has saved and still can't get a mortgage.

That's what this is about. It's not about helping banks - it's about helping people. Because when credit is available again, that young family can finally buy a new home.

edit on 18-9-2011 by simone50m because: edit

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
What forum was this?

^That's a serious question.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by links234

Obama is center right. He's alienated his "base" in an effort to appease the Tea Party libertarians and the republican party. It never occured to him that they had no intention of working with him in the first place, if it did, he never showed it.

What?? President Obama is NOT center right, he is just slightly right of the extreme left, which pisses progressives off to no end. Still no where close to being even center, let alone center right. That you think he is center right of the political spectrum shows the denial the OP talks about.

Obama has presided over the country from a center-right position, nothing about his tenure has been remotely far left.

You GOP lap dogs continue to spread fallacies, when even your leader Ron Paul says that you are WRONG.

Obama is a servant of the corporations. That is NOT FAR LEFT.

Read a goddamn book and stop listening to Glen Beck

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oldnslo

Originally posted by Beavers
reply to post by simone50m

im pretty sure every administration since JFK has been 'bush administration'

Right on with that statement. It's so true, it went right over the OP's head.

It actually started with the Eisenhower Administration when in the 1940's, Prescott Bush advertized in the Los Angeles Times seeking a "malleable" individual to be prepped for politics. Richard Nixon answered the ad. Press got his golfing buddy, Ike, to run for President, with Nixon as his VP and the rest is history. JFK got in the way and was removed.

From his very beginnings, and the continued attempts to establish his past, the current President smells like a CIA-Bush baby to me.

All front, no experience, a dubious past, with skeletons in the closet. Just what TPTB want in a Chief Executive.

Exactly.

What we're seeing now is the culmination of several decades of work being done by the bankers that rule this country.

While idiots are caught up in partisan nonsense, the string pullers continue to make all of us dance around like a bunch of mindless puppets.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

the bankers that rule this country.

In the President's speech of February 2009 (see my previous post) he points a chastising finger at those who "knew" they couldn't afford their house, and then says, "credit is the lifeblood of this country"
But credit is indepdedness to the Banksters, and people have credit cards, so they can buy stuff they can't afford!

I am with all of you who say beholdenness to either side (Repub/Dem Right/Left) is not where our thinking for 2012 needs to be now. I have faith that everyone is more awake now, than in 2008 and 9.
(Even those on the Left!) (Despite the denial of some!)
edit on 18-9-2011 by simone50m because: x

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Well it was a true statement right? If you buy something you know you can't afford, you can't really blame the people who sell it to you.

However, the sub-prime mortgage crisis didn't involve people who knew they couldn't afford the homes they bought, it was predatory lenders who told these people they COULD afford these homes.

That doesn't absolve the purchasers for not reading or understanding the contracts they were signing, it was just that they were to lazy or dumb to understand what they were getting into.

The POTUS didn't say let them eat cake, he said basically, well you made your bed now we all got to lay in it.

There was a lot of blame to go around with the whole housing thing that crashed the economy. We had banks that were taking these loans and packaging them up, selling them off like stocks. We had people who were getting in WAY over their heads, and NOW we have companies who are making huge profits while begging for tax cuts refusing to do the one thing that would get this economy moving again and that's hiring more people and expanding their businesses.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
In regards to my opening post, (the tent cities) here is a BBC report on those things forming, due to America's economic/jobs situation, 2008.
And the next, MSNBC, saying that the tent cities are growing by 50 arrivals each week. 2011.

edit on 18-9-2011 by simone50m because: x

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Nothing like closing one eye and pointing the finger at another party. Your TSA pat downs are a direct result of the Patriot Act which was enacted by the Bush administration. There's enough horror stories with Obama, but to completely exonerate horrors done by the Bush administration is really showing your political bias towards republicans.

I don't like making a comparison of two wrongs, but in this case, bringing up the TSA and ignoring horrors done by the previous administration is just plain partisan politics. To ignore the horrors of invading a sovereign country based upon lies and causing the death of thousands of innocent Iraqis and many of our young men in uniform, makes the TSA pat downs pale in comparison.

This is not to say that I in no way agree with TSA pat downs. The Patriot Act has given the political elite the green light to trample on our constitutional rights. Obama is responsible for continuing that policy, but the Bush administration is the one that set those gears into motion.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Is Obama still bombing Libya without explicit Congressional approval? Cause that's what I thought.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Yes he is, and like I've said in my post, Obama's foreign policy isn't any better than the previous administration.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
alright with regards to illegal wars

the left bush is a murder just look at iraq and afghanistan

the rights reply ok were they dropping playboy magazines in pakistan,yemen,somalia,and libya and where else?
iraq and afghanistan and killed bin laden

the left sure do deny alot of things thats for sure condemn the right and the do the same things and worse.

deny
deny
denial aint just a river in egypt

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Nice rant, but maybe you should stay away from those left wing forums and stick to ATS where you can bash the left till your hearts content.

Shut UP! woodwardjnr!!!!!
(danged lefty!)

I kid. Please, just kidding.
I also visit the left-wing forums from time to time. It's like gathering intel before a raid.

Its more like the gathering of the ghoullish space monkeys be for the launch from the castle of the wicked witch!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

Well it was a true statement right? If you buy something you know you can't afford, you can't really blame the people who sell it to you.

However, the sub-prime mortgage crisis didn't involve people who knew they couldn't afford the homes they bought, it was predatory lenders who told these people they COULD afford these homes.

That doesn't absolve the purchasers for not reading or understanding the contracts they were signing, it was just that they were to lazy or dumb to understand what they were getting into.

The POTUS didn't say let them eat cake, he said basically, well you made your bed now we all got to lay in it.

Yes and it doesnt absolve the mortgage sellers form knowing the buyer didnt understand what an ARM was or the very real potential danger....but selling them one anyway.

As far as dumb I like to lay that on the educational system. Americans pay thousands of $ each year to their local schools and yet they graduate millions ever year that only know enough about finace to sign their names to contract. And thats what most education is for...to produce citizens that are easy to exploit in any number of areas.

See this whole ride the dumbass consumer/borrower theam was necessary to justify bailing out the banks....that made their own bed but got uncle sam to bail their ass out so they wouldnt have to lay down in it.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Obamacare is center right??? Having the government take over 2 of the Big Three, and then decide who runs them is center right? Telling private businesses how much they can pay their executives is center right???

The only place he moved to the center was Iraq and Afghanistan, and that was only after he realized that his initial far left positions would never work in the real world.

The closest President he resembles policy-wise is Carter. I'm sure you think he was a Center Right person too.

Go read a book.....big talk from somebody on a internet site. LOL

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
yeah obama care sure was center right and so was the consumer protection agency

and the first stimulus and when he bailed out aig and bought gm and the list goes on

center right!!!!!!!

he says

then that would make bush center right cant have it both ways now no matter how much they try
edit on 19-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

As far as dumb I like to lay that on the educational system. Americans pay thousands of $ each year to their local schools and yet they graduate millions ever year that only know enough about finace to sign their names to contract. And thats what most education is for...to produce citizens that are easy to exploit in any number of areas.

You are so right. I went k-through-12 and got a diploma (no graduation, had to take a summer night class, but they gave me a diploma, not GED....) The classrooms were large, the teachers were uninterested. I had overlapping maladies such as presenting like Aspergers, and no teacher, no one took notice, I was like a ghost presence.
And I knew nothing. This is going to sound off topic, but it's really very much on. At 19, I had these
ufo sightings, and point being, I became a voracious reader/learner, on my own, after,......k-through-12.
In recent times, I was glued to the drama going on in Wisconsin, those "evil" Republicans countering the rights of the likes of teachers and police. I was a Lefty in denial, had been one for a very long time, so I cheered on the underdogs. But it is interesting, that even then, I was not questioning why I was never helped by the system, except the VA in recent years. The horror stories here on the net and in the MSM about police. They are unnnnbelievable. Attacking a woman just for sitting outside, attacking disabled people, .......... I am becoming (No, AM?) Awake and Aware.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join