It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul wins California GOP straw poll

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Wrong, in the national polls he's around 13-14%. But, I believe the national polls are just as biased as the media, and run by the same people. These state straw polls are flesh and blood voters, and Ron Paul is dominating. See how much support he has, on facebook etc. compared to the other candidates he's doing very well. If the youth that are behind him actually get out and vote when it's election time, I think we will see something unprecedented. I'm thinking the economic and political climate are just right for Ron Paul to win. And you're wrong about the people dropping out going to the media annointed front runners, I'm sure many will go to Dr. Paul. You may be happy with the status quo, but most of us are not...

www.ronpaul.com...
edit on 18-9-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
You expect change to the System to come from within the System? Because you VOTED?

Good grief. And so you will be fooled again.

IL CORNUTO
edit on 18-9-2011 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I am voting for Paul in the Primary.
I am voting for Paul in the GE if he wins the GOP nom.
I am voting for Paul in the GE if he doesn't win the GOP nom and runs as an Independent.
I am writing-in Paul in the GE if he doesn't win the GOP and doesn't run as an Independent.

Simple enough plan for all of his supporters.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

How do you propose we change the system? You DO know with the thumb out, it's sign language for 'I love you' or 'love'...which is in the campaign slogan.

And I guess everybody at rock concerts is Illuminati, including myself at more than a few...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
After that last debate, I don't see how he could win the nomination.

He should just drop out.....

Nail on the head.

The fanaticals pre organize to flood these straw polls just like online polls. Ron Paul's real support is a peak of 10%. Of that 10% there are a number of democrats who will vote for Obama anyways from the flagrant misuse of the system to switch party affiliation so as to vote for a dud in the opponants primaries.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Why couldn't the other candidates supporters organize to flood the polls? Could it be because they don't have nearly as deep a following. Glad to see you're so scared that you dedicate your avatar pic solely to trying to make Dr. Paul look bad. Pull up your pants, your desperation is showing.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
My first post! It is about Ron Paul. I know everyone does not think he can win, but I want to believe he can win. I've been campaigning for Ron Paul for years. He is not perfect, but he comes the closest to what I believe I need the country to be! I had one of his T-shirts on Saturday and I was so pleased to be stopped around town with encouraging words for the Doctor. I have lurked here for years... I'm really excited to join the ATS community!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

How do you propose we change the system? You DO know with the thumb out, it's sign language for 'I love you' or 'love'...which is in the campaign slogan.

And I guess everybody at rock concerts is Illuminati, including myself at more than a few...

I understand, it's hard to get out of the mindset you are in..

intheknow7.files.wordpress.com...

You don't change the system - you destroy it, much the same way it is intent on destroying you.....

good luck.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

don't even bother responding to him, those who hate RP will never change their minds, our efforts are better suited towards those that are still on the fence about him.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
800 votes were cast

next

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

27, don't let the haters be like chiggers that get under the skin!

You know what I love? Having the MSM networks like CNN and MSNBC having to report that RP won the straw poll in CA, while in the same articles trying to downplay the win! I just love that! Those spineless cowards. I'll bet they're foaming-at-the-mouth MAD they had to report that!

I went looking on a google search right after I saw your article here, to see how they were covering it. I could feel the lack of emotion, and tail-between-legs tone of the articles right away. Wahaha! Joy! Splendor! HOPE!!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CropCircle

Welcome! Thanks for posting in the thread, we're going all the way in 2012!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

To correct you, 833 registered attendees of the California Republican Convention casted their votes.

It wasn't 1 vote per ticket like many other straw polls are, it was 1 vote per person with finger inking to prevent cheating.
edit on 18-9-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

That is pretty funny, when you said chiggers it reminded me of bed bugs, they exist in your bed, you can never get rid of them, they are annoying but that is all they'll ever be.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Yeah, I've noticed on the Ron Paul 2012 fb page, there have been alot of people (I believe) pretending to be Americans, with broken and very poor english skills, posting negativity about Ron Paul. None of them of course will say who they support. I think other candidates are paying overseas firms to post in comment sections online and pretend to be Americans who don't support any candidate, they just dislike Ron Paul so deeply that they make negative avatars and screen names focusing on him. That seems odd to me, since they say he'll never win, then what's the point of such dedicated negativity? I always challenge their lies, because I don't want an uninformed, on the fence voter who may be reading to take it as truth.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar
[more

I thought it made him look good.
RP 2012

edit on 9/18/2011 by ISeeTheFnords because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/18/2011 by ISeeTheFnords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yeah, the articles are all buried under a bunch of non-stories...and consist of 3 or 4 sentences always ending in California not being important, even though it hold something like 55 electoral seats. Then, the comment section is higher than ANY of the other stories (on CNN, Fox didn't allow comments on their story).

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by CropCircle

Welcome! Thanks for posting in the thread, we're going all the way in 2012!

Yes, We Are! We have To

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Wonder what these people will say when he wins the primaries, and goes on to win the general election

God, do you guys really believe your propaganda about most Americans being conservative??

Ron Paul can't win the general election because no Democrat and probably most moderates aren't going to vote for someone that wants to tear our government to shreds. Unlike the brainless barbarian Republican base, those of us who are not cavemen know how vital things like the FAA are to our economy, and society as a whole and there's no way we're going to support someone who wants to recklessly start smashing everything with a wrecking ball.

There is nothing more important to our economy than the people that spend money in it. Without the consumer (Americans) the economy tanks. United States Gov = Corporation. What happens when there is no one to buy into the corporation the corporation goes bankrupt. American People = The Economy. Simple as that!!

I can guarantee you if the American people for one month agreed to not pay any bills. The Corporate Empire Known as the United States would A. Have to actually budget their money or B. The Gov would crumble. No money in, no money out. Simple economics.

Here's another scenario. Imagine for a second if Obama gave the stimulus money to the Amercian People instead of the crooked banks of America. The economy would have snapped to life. Americans would have paid their mortgages, paid off their cars, opened businesses, hired new employees. As a matter of fact our economy would have done a 180 and thrived. All money in the economy circulates. To turn the economy around you have to insert money into the right place and inserting it into big business is not the right place to put it. Next time there is a bail out. They should bail out the American people. Wanna talk about stimulating the economy. That's how you do it.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

But they will pass Romney off as a front runner. They don't care. As long as they can force feed their choice for the GOP candidate that they want. They will do it. Romney in MSM is still the front runner. You'll see.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join