It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Greetings to ATS from the hot hot hot Valley of the Sun

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thank you for allowing me to become a member of your top notch website.

Bunch of smart folks here - I'm looking for somebody with the technical know-how to find and operate the dimmer switch on the sun over the valley. Might include Texas on your to-do list as well. Thanks in advance.




posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
Thank you for allowing me to become a member of your top notch website.

Bunch of smart folks here - I'm looking for somebody with the technical know-how to find and operate the dimmer switch on the sun over the valley. Might include Texas on your to-do list as well. Thanks in advance.


hello and welcome,

lived 3 + years in arizona, back in 1960s when in the usaf.

beautyful place, lived on superstition mountain, and was impressed by the grand canyon.
loved those wonderful palm trees.



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle
 



Hi frazzle, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines



Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.


Sauron,
Super-Moderator.



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen6511

Originally posted by frazzle
Thank you for allowing me to become a member of your top notch website.

Bunch of smart folks here - I'm looking for somebody with the technical know-how to find and operate the dimmer switch on the sun over the valley. Might include Texas on your to-do list as well. Thanks in advance.


hello and welcome,

lived 3 + years in arizona, back in 1960s when in the usaf.

beautyful place, lived on superstition mountain, and was impressed by the grand canyon.
loved those wonderful palm trees.


Thank you for the welcome, citizen6511.

I know the Superstitions very well, we used to trail ride and camp out up there. Then we moved to the high country and I swore wild horses would never drag me back down to the valley. Unfortunately my oath didn't include the stubborn mule I was married to.

Were you stationed at Williams AFB? I had friends based there back in the late 60s.



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
reply to post by frazzle
 



Hi frazzle, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines



Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.


Sauron,
Super-Moderator.



Thanks Sauron,

I've been following some of those helpful links and otherwise stumbling around within the forum trying to get situated. Its intimidating for a noob and it moves like greased lightning, but I appreciate the wide variety of attitudes and opinions discussed here minus so much of the snark you find on other forums. Good work.



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Welcome, and good to have you here. I understand what you mean about things moving quickly. There have been times that by the time I've researched the facts regarding something I"m interested in joining the conversation on a dozen others have posted since I last looked


Have fun and enjoy



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre
 


Thanks Pixiefyre, that's happened to me a couple of times just today and by the time I located the threads someone else had already pretty much said what I was going to say. Old and slow.




posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I do not type verry fast and usualy find several posted by the time I get done
Hello and Welcome to the ATS Jungle



posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hello and welcome! Nice and cool where I am!



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Originally posted by citizen6511

Originally posted by frazzle
Thank you for allowing me to become a member of your top notch website.



Thank you for the welcome, citizen6511.

I know the Superstitions very well, we used to trail ride and camp out up there. Then we moved to the high country and I swore wild horses would never drag me back down to the valley. Unfortunately my oath didn't include the stubborn mule I was married to.

Were you stationed at Williams AFB? I had friends based there back in the late 60s.


yes, i was on williams afb for over three years.

once i heard that the contractor mowing the lawns on the base was complaining about the base having too many baby palm trees, which made the mowing difficult.(the palm trees were multiplying)
and they were planing on killing all the baby palm trees!
i went to headquarters and pointed out that to landscape companies these little trees had value, and if the usaf would give them to me, i could sell them.
3 days later, they called me in and said the air force had looked into what i said.
they would not give me the trees, but would sell them and not to worry, they would not kill my baby palm trees.
it was my first rescue, as a northerner, i loved those palm trees.
edit on 18-9-2011 by citizen6511 because: ok



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby
I do not type verry fast and usualy find several posted by the time I get done
Hello and Welcome to the ATS Jungle


Hello granpabobby - I'd be happy in just about any jungle right about now but this one suits me fine so thank you for the welcome. Glad I'm not the only slow typist around here.



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Hello and welcome! Nice and cool where I am!


Don't rub it in!! This has been the longest, hottest, driest, most miserable summer on record and after awhile it literally fries your brain. Good excuse for some of our politicians, anyway.



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen6511
 


What part of the north are you from, Citizen? I'm originally from Minnesota and I'd gladly trade you a few palms for some PINE trees in my back yard!! Someday I'll go back to the frozen tundra.

We used to tube down the Verde and Salt rivers with a couple of guys who were stationed at Williams. Ah, the good old days.



posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by citizen6511
 


What part of the north are you from, Citizen? I'm originally from Minnesota and I'd gladly trade you a few palms for some PINE trees in my back yard!! Someday I'll go back to the frozen tundra.

We used to tube down the Verde and Salt rivers with a couple of guys who were stationed at Williams. Ah, the good old days.



i live in central new england, forests,rivers, ponds, lakes, granite mountains and hills.
with little towns in between.

i went tubing on those rivers in arizona when in the air force.




top topics



 
3

log in

join