It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go to school kids, so you can grow up and be smrt.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

School = Smart + Not so smart.

So here I am, someone working with executives from small business right up to multi-national organizations, and this week I was hit with three instances complete ineptness. [from mid-size corp.]

Three people that have jobs which require (at minimum) 4 years of post secondary education, completely failed to follow instructions, completely failed in their duty, and completely tore away my faith in educated folk.

Not only were they inept in their duties, but even failed to take the responsibility of their shortcomings. Which, I find unbelievable. Being that it is business, of course I offer to smooth out the scenario, which leads to extra hours of work, and missed hours on projects that I am focusing on for my own company. I wanted to call up the other co. and see if they might fill that person's spot with me, (being that their job pays more)....

Moral of the story. Don't be "that guy".

edit on 17-9-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
They simply aren't motivated to achieve great things.

It's all about attitude, not really about education per say.

Although I have been lucky enough to receive a Univ education, I learned more from real life and from my time in the Library or researching on the 'Net.

I have some low paying crappy Internet jobs right now, but I put in some hard work and make sure that it is well beyond the quality the providers asked for. I am in the business of improving things, and raising the bar.

If only I was your employee, perhaps you wouldn't be so downtrodden about having to deal with such insolence. Motivation is what it's all about my friend.

I hope that you can find adequate and deserving replacements soon, as those who do not respect their positions in life may not deserve them. I can tell from the way you speak and from your posts, that working with you would be a privilege and a wonderful opportunity to push forward in life and make ends meet. So I cannot take pity on someone who would throw such an opportunity out the window simply because they don't care. It's a real shame.

Good luck in your endevours and godspeed on finding solutions to your detriments.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Dealt with many of them, I call them degridiots... degree'd idiots.

I don't know how even half of these people manage to graduate.
Be wary of these people, not all doctors and lawyers graduated with a 4.0 average, the C & D students gotta work too to pay back that massive student loan debt.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The bar is so low in our educational system these days that it is no surprise that many people don't put in real effort to create something of value.

However, those with real intent of progress in their hearts will prove far more valuable than someone with a certificate of education. As a provider I bet you understand this all too well.

And sadly, it may be difficult to find people with good hearts who want to produce high quality services and goods.

Don't let them lower the bar for the rest of us. Let's keep raising the bar and force higher productivity and quality.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Dude, you didn't even spell smart right.....damn. In your title, now that is funny as hell. I love you dude, S & F.
I have three options, undertaker, writer or psychologist. If you go over to godlikeproductions everyday and talk sense to those crazies you can go pass the psychology AP test, I'm not lying about that one. I can whip something out of my ass about depression and Sigmund Freud, you have to know what you're talking about to tell somebody to go away.

When you sit on these sites arguing with people you find smart ways to tell people to bugger off.

My writing is great, it could use a little improvement but in these days we have "Text speak" I don't understand it and I'm not trying to, if you know how to spell these days that is a miracle itself and thank god for urban dictionary, if I didn't have this. I'd never know what an "LOL" was.

These days a person without a university education can do the job better than people that are educated, sad to say. Some people who get educated are lazy, why do some of these people even bother going to school is one of life's greatest mysteries right there.
edit on 17-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It would be nice if we could rely on our education system, but I learned long ago that we are all responsible for our own education. I hope to pass this mindset on to my son. In college, I earned state recognized credits, but for the many more things I have taught myself, I receive only my own benefit and satisfaction. A lot of people go to school only so that they can get a job paying more money. I went because there were things I wanted to learn. Schools are concerned with making money. They are not trying to raise humanity to a higher level, they just want your money.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hey they must be the children of people I knew in my youth.

During my 20 year career in the military I ran into hundreds of officers with degrees that were complete idiots.

I came to believe most of the stupid people who graduate with four year degrees but realize they are idiots join the military because they know they would never be hired or be successful in the civilian world.

I once got in to a heated debate with one and I became so frustrated with the "rock with ears" that I finally said,"Sir with all due respect to your rank,you're an idiot."

He called my superior and told him what I said,which in turn prompted a visit to his office.

I explained the circumstance and my frustration in not being able to do the logical, practical thing because this person was to stupid to comprehend it.

My superior smiled and in confidence told me that the night before the C.O. had used the same term to describe him while all the officers were gathered in the wardroom.

He disappeared shortly after that incident never to be seen or heard of.

Those two people you refer to will eventually end up with the same fate.
edit on 17-9-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IamJustanAmerican

He disappeared shortly after that incident never to be seen or heard of. Those two people you refer to will eventually end up with the same fate.

wow..that seems a little harsh for someone being an idiot?.. Sounds like there could have been some revenge type payback? Commanding officers usually just don't disappear never to be seen or heard of again.???

To say that the people who OP is referring to as idiots.. will eventually come to the same fate.... is really stretching it...and implies some very dark undertones..

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I enjoyed reading all the replies to this.
It's nice to know that people are suffering the same (misery loves company?)

No. Actually, it is nice to know that there are people out there that are focused on their careers to see that there is a difference between doing a job, and doing a job right.

So I say, have fun with it it and carry on. I do. But it is nice to rant sometimes.

There are a lot of people that complain how unfair the world is, and there are people that make it unfair for themselves. If you live by your word, and live by your skill, life will never be unfair.

A reputation of good work ethic and strong character is more valuable than any amount of money anyone could ever give you.

-B

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Just because you have degree does not mean you are smart. It means you spent at least 2 years of your life at a college, met the minimum requirements for attendance and maintained at least a "C" average. It doesn't take a genius. It takes money.

Look at me. No degrees. But a tested IQ of 155, a 96 on my ASVAB back in 2000, and a stack of technical certifications for work. The moral here is that I don't work as an office drone. Life is good. I still work with idiots from time to time but that is unavoidable no matter where you go.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It is just proof that the governmental indoctrination centers to not teach they train.

Public schools are factories to train the youth to believe what is told to them. There is no critical thinking.

Also as for the part of not taking responsibility that is a product of removing God and morals from the system.

Since the removal(1960') every crime and bad thing has risen.

That is why we home school our children, they are tested every other year and they test higher then the average public school child.

$400.00 per child a year verses $8,000.00, it is one reason why one of the parents needs to be home with the children. As for us my wife is the teacher and she loves it and does a great job.

I would also state that we also help public school children as the system does not offer answers only labels.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Do you know what you call the guy who passed his PhD class with the lowest score?

Doctor.

Yep, just because someone made it through school, doesn't mean they excelled in it (or absorbed the material).

top topics

join