It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin Has Not Survived Perihelion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
According to Michael Mattiazzo Elenin did not survive Perihelion.

It has now not visible from his view point.

Here's a sequence of photos by Michael over the last few weeks showing Elenin's ever decreasing magnitude:

August 29:

September 1:

September 6:

September 11:

September 14:

And finally a comparison with a star chart:

With this commentary:

3x1 minute exposures. Canon 300D and 300mm telephoto lens cropped. Compare to Guide V8 chart.
Prior to moonrise. Elevation of 7 degrees. Between powerlines.
Comet Elenin is fainter than magnitude 10.5. Galaxy NGC 4697 (mag 10.1) is visible but comet is not.

So, a few people have some splainin to do!

ELEnin Comet Is A NASA Psyop Cover For Incoming Dwarf Star

Chinese Scientists State That Behind Elenin Comes a UFO

Comet Elenin Does NOT EXISTS!! Instead - Brown Dwarf: NIBIRU!

Elenin=Planet X, Nebiru (Mathematical proof)

Proof, SOLID now, ELEnin is an Extinction Level Event !!!

Elenin is a TETRAHEDRAL spaceship

Inside info on comet Elenin (yes, you're being lied to)

ELEnin Disinformation Coverup by NASA Now Apparent

I'm sure there are more but I think we get the idea.

Today, a NASA video has popped up here saying Elenin isn't a threat and in true ATS form it is met with scorn and doubt.

This really makes me laugh....you see...Never A Straight Answer (sic) have been giving the straight dope from the start.

Elenin is a non-event and the time as come to call out the doomers and fear mongers.

It's only fair!

In closing:

edit on 17/9/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the diligent and informative following of the non-event Chadwickus. Much appreciated as always.

Sort of sad in a way the first comet discovered by a Russian in 20 years ends up falling off of the small body database, ironic. The first trip to solar perihelion was just too much for this little body.

I'm sure if we tried, we could pull up hundreds of doomers and some adamantly convinced of such fantasies.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
you had me at hello.
Or Dr. Cox, depending on how you want to look at it.

link   
Best thread of 2011! lol Awesome post man. But you know this aint gonna shut them up right? You know this is a "cover story" for Elenin going into a cloaking mode right?

I have a feelin the Elenin threads are just going to get a bit more outlandish.

ETA - for luls www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread680460/pg30#pid12347708

edit on 17-9-2011 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)

link   
It's obv using some sort of cloaking divice.......
Or they've sped up to warp 9 so too fast fir camera....

lol.....

Case closed.....

Next....

lol

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The best post in a long time ;-)

Awesome and most importantly, thank you!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Brilliant mate.

Can't wait to see the believers respond lol

edit on 9-17-2011 by Springer because: removed suggestion of violating site policy

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Ah, but could it be that TPTB are using Project Blue Beam to project a patch of empty sky over where Elenin should be so we can't see the huge death ray that Elenin recently deployed? My money is on...no.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
interestingly good news. so what happened to it? it broke up and then what?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
So? Elenin has now deployed its full cloaking device and is play cat and mouse with Nibiru directly behind the sun. It will appear to lonely webcams and unsuspecting kids with cheap cameras for a good few months yet. You mark my words.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
So what happens if it lights up again?

Who makes an apology then?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Don't worry, someone will be along in a moment to claim that the comet has collapsed under its own gravity to become a black hole... exactly as they predicted elsewhere on a YouTube video they can't seem to find now.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
On the other hand, whilst I'm not saying I believe this to be true, it's merely another possibility given the options, perhaps Elenin was in some way a danger to Earth, and the super secret Space program guys took care of it for us. Perhaps somewhere, in some secret underground bunker, the unsung heroes in matching jumpsuits are celebrating a win, while we the public live our lives never knowing.

Or it was a ship in a bottle, and would have flooded our media devices with the truth of who we are and where we come from, and they blew it up before it got close enough.

Or yeah, maybe the comet thing.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Then the debris continues on the same trajectory, but in smaller chunks it will eventually be more susceptible to orbital perturbations possible as it traverses again through the main asteroid belt. But it should never return as it's closer approaches to the gas giants if projected, will scatter it all about to nothingness.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
To all the Elenin Debunkers and Sceptics, may I ask, how exactly did this 4 km diameter Comet just "break up" in deep space?

I'm guessing it felt the need to "self-destruct"?

Hundreds of Comets pass close to the Sun every year without "melting".

For example, Comet Encke (4.8km in diameter) is slightly bigger than Comet Elenin (4 km in diameter) and it gets much closer to the sun during its perihelion - 0.3302 AU. It hasn't "melted" or "self destructed" since its discovery date in 1786.

So naturally, it begs the question: Why did Comet Elenin have to be the exception?

Its surface area is MASSIVE the fact it is 4 km in diameter, and it was only 0.482 AU from the Sun - a large enough distance to escape the threat of "melting".

Until these scientists can give me a reasonable explanation, Comet Elenin is still relevant and kicking in my books.
edit on 17-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

And so it begins.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Is there an official source on this news other than this amateur astronomer?

Not that I am discrediting his work, it would be good to see another astronomer with corroborative evidence to support his observations.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside
Best thread of 2011! lol Awesome post man. But you know this aint gonna shut them up right? You know this is a "cover story" for Elenin going into a cloaking mode right?

I have a feelin the Elenin threads are just going to get a bit more outlandish.

You're wrong,wrong wrong wrong they aren't cloaked that is just ridiculous. The truth is the fleet of alien craft has taken several weeks to split up and what we are seeing is not the comet disintigrating but the whole fleet splitting up. Boy are you going to get it when the aliens land .......... I know, I'm talking to them right now on twitter. Yes they do speak English with a Yorkshire accent!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
To all the Elenin Debunkers and Sceptics, may I ask, how exactly did this 4 km diameter Comet just "break" up in deep space?

I'm guessing it felt the need to "self-destruct"?

Until these scientists can give me a reasonable explanation, Comet Elenin is still relevant and kicking in my books.
edit on 17-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

It got melted by the active sun. Ice does that when it gets heated.

Elenin was a symbolic message from 'Leo'.

st.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join