It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You have no right to know." -Donald Rumsfeld

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

So the question is: What could be so important that Dr. Hynek had no right to know?

Donald Rumsfeld's ego.

Possibly more relevant, quite a number of "UFO" sightings then were identifiable to a certain fraction of the government as very classified programs, most likely NRO or NSA. Rumsfeld could have had these in mind.

Simply confirming that any given sighting was a known government project would already provide valuable information to the USSR's analysts.

edit on 17-9-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

I think you're referring to Article II, Section 9: "... a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time." Good luck using this to disclose classified information. Or controlled unclassified information, for that matter. Knowing where the money goes is not the same as knowing ... whatever you think it is Rumsfeld is not disclosing to you.

Right. You'll see line after line for hundreds of pages of random garbage like "UNCLE FESTER - $173,171,332", etc.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Some of those UFO's may have been secret military craft, but I don't believe Dr. Hynek was asking about secret craft. Dr. Hynek was asking about non-human, intelligently controlled, objects, technically these craft do not belong to the U.S., they don't belong to ANY country.

This brings up a good point, most UFO researchers are not asking the government to reveal secret government craft, this is a subtle ploy by the government to imply that ALL UFO's are secret government craft, which cannot be substantiated.

There is evidence to believe that not all UFO's are government craft,

1. Why would secret government craft interact so blatantly with airline pilots? Why would they trail commercial airline flights, make all sorts of weird maneuvers, endanger commercial airline airspace by appearing on runways, or like in O'Hare right above a waiting terminal. If these are secret craft then they are endangering the public.

2. Why would secret government craft get into "dogfights" with "regular" air force aircraft? They are making their presence known too blatantly to be secret.

3. Why would secret government craft fly over the white house in the 50's?

4. Why would the air force try to "shoot down" some of these secret craft?

5. Why would these secret craft disable the nuclear missiles of a launch facility and then speed off?

It appears to me that few of the potential ET UFO cases behave like any rational government program trying to keep things secret.
edit on 17-9-2011 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Finally someone posts it.
edit on 17-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by deloprator20000

Originally posted by deloprator20000
Let's just for arguments sake, assume the description of the conversation is accurate. We, the public, according to D. Rumsfeld have no right to know. Who decides what the public should and should not know?

There are two broad categories of information withheld from the public: classified information and controlled unclassified information (CUI). Classified information can be further divided into national security information (NSI) and Atomic Energy Act (AEA) information.

* NSI is information classified under Executive Order 13526 or its predecessor orders. Under EO 13526, there are a number of original classification authorities (OCAs) who ultimately decide what the public should not know. In addition to classifying information, OCAs can promulgate security classification guides that tell derivative classifiers what should be classified.

The body governing NSI classification procedures is the Information Security Oversight Office (ISOO), the source of 32 CFR 2001. Within the ISOO there is an Interagency Security Classification Appeals Panel. This body may extend the classification of information beyond its original declassification date. It also hears classification challenges from authorized holders of classified information who think it is overclassified.

The Director of National Intelligence (DNI) has a statutory responsibility to protect intelligence sources and methods that is carried out through the Sensitive Compartmented Information system, but SCI is really more of an adjunct to the NSI system than a separate entity. All SCI is NSI.

* AEA information is classified under a statute enacted in 1954. The Atomic Energy Commission decides what AEA information should be declassified and made public.

* CUI is ultimately withheld by virtue of the statutory Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) exemptions.

So the answer to your question, "who decides what the public should and should not know," is lots of people, on authority granted to the by the President and Congress.

The key idea is that the military is here to protect the interests of the U.S., the problem is who decides what is or is not in the interest of the U.S.?

The President is commander-in-chief of the military, so he has ultimate responsibility to direct the military. The House and Senate Armed Services Committees have primary oversight roles. Congress as a whole as certain powers over the military, like control of the budget.

Clearly if there is information being kept from the U.S. public, then our interests cannot be expressed in regards to that information. If we don't know then how can we decide whether it is in our best interest?

This is why you elect people to Congress and the Presidency. Their job is to govern, which includes making determinations as to your best interest.

As UFO researchers we must meet with lawyers to determine what kinds of protection we can avail ourselves.

Protection against what?

Energy technology that could provide nearly unlimited power at very low cost and high energy densities. Energy technology that could replace gasoline. If this is true, why was nothing done to avert peak oil? Or why have we been involved in the middle east for so long. So much in the world could have been averted, the 70's oil embargo, climate change, some terrorism, pollution, government manipulation on part of the U.S. the world might have been a different place if this energy technology where made public a couple of decades ago.

I guess it's not true.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Public knowledge derived by a Full Disclosure from Leadership.....would be a DISASTER. Believe me....I know a few things and i wish I didn't. Now imagine how certain people who are not as opened minded as I or you are....are faced with such a revelation as to not only pannic them....but to put into question all their beliefs?

Reguardless of the Publics Right to Know....in this case....ignorance is BLISS. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

4. Why would the air force try to "shoot down" some of these secret craft?
Are you talking about Mantell dying when he chased a secret skyhook balloon?

The other stuff on your list didn't happen as far as I can tell. I don't see any evidence of any craft at O'Hare, or at the white House, or shutting down nuclear missile silos. The first two were more likely to be apparitions than actual craft, and as for the missile silo, I've never heard a single witness claim they personally even saw an apparition, or a craft at the missile silo, it's all hearsay. Missiles went offline but I have yet to be convinced that UFOs had anything to do with it, especially when there's not even one witness that says they personally saw the UFO.

So you're right that the UFO sightings are not all secret government craft, some of them aren't even craft at all, but illusions. Others are probably cases of misunderstandings or mistaken identity. There are really only a handful of good UFO sightings and you didn't mention any of those. This Oldfield film of a UFO was an illusion too, though I admit it looks real. It too is an apparition.:

(click to open player in new window)

Rumsfeld was just talking about secret government craft. The white house incident already had this report published:

Washington DC

Examination of the logs of the Washington ARTC Center indicates that there is considerable correlation between the appearance of unidentified targets on the radar scope and the receipt of numerous visual reports of flying saucers. It should be noted that abrupt temperature inversions aloft can refract light in much the same way as radar waves and produce mirage effects. In a standard reference work on meteorology. [3] Humphreys reports that a temperature inversion (near the surface) of 1 deg. C per meter bends down a light ray into an arc whose radius is 0.16 that of the earth; an inversion of 10 deg. C per meter gives an arc radius of 0.016 that of the earth, or approximately 60 miles. This effect makes it possible for an observer to see in the sky the sun or some other bright light that is actually well below the observer's horizon. On rare occasions, multiple images of the same object may be visible. It is believed that many visual sightings of flying saucers can be explained by this phenomenon.

CONCLUSIONS

1. It is believed that most of the unidentified targets observed on the Washington MEW radar during the period beginning on the night of August 13, 1952 and the period beginning on the night of August 15, 1952 were ground returns caused by reflection phenomena closely connected with the temperature inversions in the lower atmosphere.
So you're right about those other sightings probably not being secret government craft, but if you do more research, you can find out more about them.

This might be similar to what they saw at O'Hare, it looks like a UFO but it also is not really a solid object:
www.caelestia.be...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2ca4262314b.jpg[/atsimg]
That was formed by diesel fuel burning which of course happens in abundance at an airport.

And I also find it odd that no video or pictures surfaced of the O'Hare UFO, that's almost inconceivable at the time of the sighting given almost everyone has at least a cell phone cam at the airport. But I don't think officials know much more about the Ohare UFO than we do, which is probably the case with most UFOs that aren't secret government craft. This means Rumsfield was probably only alluding to secret craft of human origin. Of course if he had alien craft we wouldn't have a right to know that either, but there's just no evidence for this, and most certainly not in any of the cases you cited.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
Public knowledge derived by a Full Disclosure from Leadership.....would be a DISASTER. Believe me....I know a few things and i wish I didn't. Now imagine how certain people who are not as opened minded as I or you are....are faced with such a revelation as to not only pannic them....but to put into question all their beliefs?

Reguardless of the Publics Right to Know....in this case....ignorance is BLISS. Split Infinity

I have said this many times on these boards. There have been some hints that I have read in passing and for some of those in the know, the truth is very, very disturbing. Our curiosity could be a true "be careful what you wish for" scenario. Given the centrist nature of the Human ego I can well imagine a full collapse of society if only a portion of what I suspect comes to light on this subject...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Rumsfeld is the scum of the earth. And the answer to your question is, Nothing. He had no right to know nothing and had the right to know everything, considering what he did. Just goes to show you the compartmentalization and how you will get thrown out on your back the second they are done with you.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Ask Victor "Bob Dean" where his buddy Rummy keeps the keys to S4

Donald Rumsfeld Refuses To Answer Whether Or Not He’s a Lizard Person

splitsider.com...

ARE DONALD RUMSEFELD AND DICK CHENEY LIZARD PEOPLE FROM OUTER SPACE WHO EAT HUMAN FLESH? For years, this is the one question the world has wanted to ask, as it is the only rational explanation for two beings that look human but in no way acted like it when they were in office. Yesterday, the world finally got its chance. Suspected lizard Donald Rumsfeld went on The Opie & Anthony Show to discuss his new book. Luckily for humanity, our greatest living stand-up comedian, Louis C.K., was also a guest, and he asked Rumsfelf point-blank if he is a lizard. Rumsfeld’s response? Some weird story about a guy buying him dinner that had nothing to do with the question. C.K. went on to ask the question a few more times during the interview, and specifically asked if Rumsfeld ate Mexican babies, but he wouldn’t even explain why he wouldn’t respond to the lizard question. The lizard question is first posed at the 2:37 mark in this video. After the interview, Louis C.K. supports his conclusion that Rumsfeld is obviously a space lizard.

edit on 18-9-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I dont believe in shape-shifting reptilians but if they do exist he's one

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

If you asked someone a question and they said "You have no right to know," you would assume there is "something" to know, correct?

Not really I would assume it was none of my business, and effected me in no way what so ever.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Rumsfeld, Bush's, Blair, Cheney.....All elites..

There is no way any of these people would give a straight answer to any question let alone UFO's.

Just as none of these will EVER stand trial for any crimes.

As for the supposed comment from Rumsfeld to Hynek, I'd put that down to him using his ego and power to annoy Hynek as opposed to giving anything away. People like Rumsfeld are psychopaths, they would lie to you just for the pleasure it gives them, he loves wielding his power, he loves the ability to detach himself from the world plight.

As for, are they hiding something, well of course they are, that's exactly what they do and have done since the day the idea of government was formed.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

---
Hi all and OP, Most higher ranking Illuminetti really feel that way. My thought on it it as of late is, that they know knowone, i.e.: know country (UN Sec Council) can release a nuclear device and that may be one of the influency of China threatening USA w/Pakistan drown bombs. They all know their being monitored (to what end I'm not sure?), and the release of nuclear weopons on this ball will not be allowed. (see Edgar Cayce reading 'Sugai River).

Decoy

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It's true that Rumsfeld's comment, whatever the context, may be cause for further inquiry as to whether there is something he and the government are hiding or not. Maybe a better response would have been, "There is nothing to know."

I have to agree with several of the previous posters here that they have no right to keep info like this from the public. Certain information is kept confidential due to concerns for national safety or security, but what would revealing a truth about extraterrestrial life compromise?

In my opinion, the human race does have a right to know, so to counter Rumsfeld, why don't we have a right?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The key idea is that the military is here to protect the interests of the U.S., the problem is who decides what is or is not in the interest of the U.S.?

Clearly if there is information being kept from the U.S. public, then our interests cannot be expressed in regards to that information. If we don't know then how can we decide whether it is in our best interest? The big question is, if our interests are not being expressed, then whose interests ARE being expressed? If only a tiny number of people have access to this information then it would be logical to conclude that for the most part only THEIR interests are being expressed.

One of the biggest reasons why UFO's are not made public is energy. What if the U.S. Government had access to advanced Energy technology 60+ years ago? If the UFO Roswell crash story and other stories of U.S. government UFO encounters are true, this may be a possibility.

Energy technology that could provide nearly unlimited power at very low cost and high energy densities. Energy technology that could replace gasoline. If this is true, why was nothing done to avert peak oil? Or why have we been involved in the middle east for so long. So much in the world could have been averted, the 70's oil embargo, climate change, some terrorism, pollution, government manipulation on part of the U.S. the world might have been a different place if this energy technology where made public a couple of decades ago. -- Now, you see why the government thinks we don't have a right to know, they might have to admit that they hid technology that may have averted worldwide political mayhem.

Money. That's who controlls the information.
Ask yourself who profits from the silence?

Our Govt. has sided with corporations to pass laws to influence public perception purely for profit before.

Look at the pulpwood/paper, cotton/textile and even oil business. Then look at Hemp farming processing in comparison.
It's a no brainer.
Corporations pander Govt to pass laws and suppress technolog, that would be detrimental to their bottom line.
It's happened many times before.
Only makes sense that the same thing would happen if there was anything "advanced" to learn from the UFO phenomena..

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

If you asked someone a question and they said "You have no right to know," you would assume there is "something" to know, correct?

This is what happened when Dr. J Allen Hynek, the father of ufology, asked Donald Rumsfeld about the truth of a UFO coverup in the 70's.

Rumsfeld lectured Hynek, and during the course of Mr. Rumsfelds lecture, he spoke the words:

"You have no right to know."

About five years after Blue Book had lost what remaining credibility it had with the American public partly due to such controversial explanations, Hynek met privately in Washington with then President Ford's Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld. Hynek didn't mince words when he demanded to be told the truth after twenty years of service simply to be dismissed with no answers from the Pentagon. Hynek was of the opinion that he had faithfully maintained the Air Force's status quo and had earned the right to be told the truth. Clearly, the good professor felt he had intentionally been left out of the inner circle. Hynek had dutifully arrived at the conclusion that someone was controlling the access to the truth about the UFO phenomenon. Not the least bit moved, Rumsfeld forcefully lectured Hynek that he "had no right to know." At the least, Rumsfeld's remark can be interpreted that there remains "something to know." Hynek's reprimand only fueled his desire for the answers all the more.

(Source)

This is perhaps one of the rare occasions when someone at the top tier of the government made a very arrogant remark that revealed much more than they intended to.

So the question is: What could be so important that Dr. Hynek had no right to know?

edit on 16-9-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

That we are being visited by dozens of interstellar/intergalactic/interdimensional civilizations from throughout the universe.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The Similarities in these photo's speak Volumes..

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
That comment is just SO typically Rumsfeld. He was so immersed in secrecy, and, given what he undoubtedly knew about all the illegal stuff and Patriot Act stuff the administration was doing, it's pretty easy to see why. Lizard or not, he most definitely has the cold-blooded brain of a reptile.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
It could be that in making that response Rumsfeld was only pretending to be in the loop.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join