It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Cookie Monster - He's The "Veggie Monster" Now??????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I was given a Cookie Monster shirt for Christmas that I wear occasionally. Yesterday I was told that they changed him to the Veggie Monster. Now I'm all for good eating but seriously, how frakking stupid is this? I was also told they got rid of Bert and Ernie because they resemble gay guys. Seriously?

Frakking SERIOUSLY????????

They've censored Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes and now they have reduced Sesame Street to a politically correct advertisement.

Each day I am more and more ashamed to live in this country, to even be part of the same race as the people who pull these strings and the people who complain enough to get crap like this done. My words on this page are not enough to convey my anger at this.

Veggie Monster. No, No and NO!!!! I want the bloody Cookie Monster back and I'm pissed about this.

Take my childhood away from me you bastards. I'm sure it's too late to start a campaign to get this changed back as it's too late(this was done a couple of years ago) but I'm a gonna go looking for something out there. Maybe some petition or something. Maybe I'll start a Meet-Up page, "Save The Cookie Monster" or some nonsense.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

en.wikipedia.org...

In 2006, in response to growing concerns about record levels of childhood obesity in the U.S.A., Sesame Street began airing segments titled Healthy Habits for Life. In these segments, the Muppet characters of Sesame Street talk about healthy habits, such as eating properly and exercising. [color=gold]The Healthy Habits for Life segments spawned Internet rumors that Cookie Monster's name had been changed to Veggie Monster or would be taken off the show entirely.

As far as I know he's still the Cookie Monster - thank god at least part of my childhood remains intact!

edit on 16/9/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I remember when they first did this. I was dumbfounded by how stupid people are becoming. Now I'm all for healthy eating and mainly buy organic food. But come on its a muppet now inanimate puppets can't eat cookies pffftttt

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Well this rant fails in every aspect...

Both Bert and Ernie are featured on the front page of the sesame street website and cookie monster is still cookie monster...

www.sesamestreet.org...

-Lightrule

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
I was also told they got rid of Bert and Ernie because they resemble gay guys. Seriously?

Come on man.... Bert and Ernie are just "good" friends who share a bedroom and like to hang-out exclusively! Nothing wrong with that!

They are "confirmed bachelors"

link   
reply to post by Lightrule

I am not sure about that. I have also heard that as well from other kids in my area as well. It seems as if there actually may be something to this, but it is just on the back burner or behind the scenes at the moment. However, I have not heard anything about Bert and Ernie but I have heard about the new supposed veggie monster. I could be wrong though, it has happened before.

I just wonder how long it will take them to transform 'monster' into terrorist.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

link   
double post

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I heard they're starting a new segment to combat people from starting forum threads before some basic preliminary research.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

en.wikipedia.org...

In 2006, in response to growing concerns about record levels of childhood obesity in the U.S.A., Sesame Street began airing segments titled Healthy Habits for Life. In these segments, the Muppet characters of Sesame Street talk about healthy habits, such as eating properly and exercising. [color=gold]The Healthy Habits for Life segments spawned Internet rumors that Cookie Monster's name had been changed to Veggie Monster or would be taken off the show entirely.

As far as I know he's still the Cookie Monster - thank god at least part of my childhood remains intact!

edit on 16/9/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

Thank God you showed up since this was a matter of the greatest significance to adults who are clinging desperately to what small vestiges of security in reminders, remain of their youth. Reverting back to those idyllic childhood days. Nostalgia gets the best of us.

Anyway thank God you showed up when you did since I was about to go postal and somebody was gonna die. Stuffing flying all over the place. I feel much better now...but I dropped my lollipop.

Whaaaaaaa!

New f'ing problem. And so it goes with the "enfants terrible."

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Personaly my childhood was ruined the day i saw Episode 1.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Stop it, youre scaring the children for christ sake!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

You shouldn't eat animals that are smarter than any pets you've ever had.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I figured it was just another right wing lie to make you rail about political correctness. I thought it was odd but stranger things have happened so I went and checked the sesame street website. LOL Cookie monster on the front page holding a..... COOKIE!

Sesame Street

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Why change the cookie monster? Just add in a new character!

Make him/her green, gobbles veggies like the cookie monster does with cookies, and have the new character talk about eating healthy. They could be cousins or something.

I've also worried about Bert and Ernie. That setup is kinda weird, but much better than Bertha and Ernie co-habituating. Ah, all the problems!

Come to think about it, there is a lot essentially wrong with Sesame Street. Quite a dysfunctional neighborhood.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This perverse liberal show is the only reason I ever considers homosexuality as a life style. I cry my self to sleep with a beer in one hand and a can of beans every night.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I put this in rant and there's still bitching. Can't please ATS. Whaaaa.

In 2006, in response to growing concerns about record levels of childhood obesity in the U.S.A., Sesame Street began airing segments titled Healthy Habits for Life. In these segments, the Muppet characters of Sesame Street talk about healthy habits, such as eating properly and exercising. The Healthy Habits for Life segments spawned Internet rumors that Cookie Monster's name had been changed to Veggie Monster or would be taken off the show entirely.

WIKI

Happy now?

So it's not totally true, fine. I still say it's ridiculous. Give him a fastidious brother that likes veggies, Odd Couple style, fine. But now he likes veggies, it's just insane. Cookies aren't the problem, it's sodas, fast food, barely ANY food on the shelves nowadays that really isn't food, etc. Hell, get the damned kids off the couch watching Sesame Street and go outside and play, oh no I forgot that is illegal in most p[laces(thank your homeowners association for that).

I was joking about them taking my childhood away but it does irk me that the stuff I grew up with surely didn't turn me into a criminal.

Political Correctness on drugs.

new topics

top topics

join