It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens - Aliens And Lost Worlds S03E08 (15/9-2011)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Here is the latest version of Ancient Alien epsiode.

Mention some beautiful old buildings for instance the Maya monumental ruins of Kopan, which haven't been mentioned much in the earlyer episodes. It also talk about dragons and elephants on these monuments which indicate that the people of the old world was connected more closly than modern history agrees to.

We all know Ancient Alien's got a lot of guessing in the series. You don’t have to post this, because we already know that. Go to a tread about the serie's validity if you got that kind of comments.

Some of the later episodes been grasping for straws, this episode is no exception, but I would say it's better than the last two episodes and introduce a few places i didn't know about before.

edit on 16-9-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
If they treated Ancient Aliens as 100% hypothesis I wouldn't mind. However where the show falls down is that they mostly pass off their unsubstantiated drivel as fact. For me it's equally (if not more) exciting to think that man was responsible for all the amazing feats in antiquity.

IRM

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I wouldnt say they present it as fact. Facts come from the PhDs & opinions come from the "hair" guy & other UFO/alien enthusiasts. Its noticeable when they say it's their opinion.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I love the show, it keeps you on on your toes.

I personally think they've done a great job at trying to link all the ancient mysteries that puzzles us to this day. Although entwined with archeological facts, ancient scripts and paintings and well, alien enthusiasts speculations, it seems not too far fetched of a theory given the possibilities.

On the contrary, there is also the possibility of ancient man to have built this structures, but that however leads one to ask the obvious question of how in the world did ancient man do it with their primitive tools and why did man have to build such massive structures with such accuracy and precision???

Although we have mainstream theories, as to how this structures may have been built, the theories itself are no different than AA theory, for obvious reasons, the one smoking gun evidence that will surely prove beyond doubt which is the truth indeed.

An earthly explanation, in my opinion is safe for now, as there is really no corroborative evidence to suggest ET life, other than the reported abduction cases and ufo sightings.

But as for the sake of denying ignorance, and as a firm believer I am open to possibilities.

Other than that, the show is one the rocks personal beliefs that leads to criticism and judgment based of one's character than content presented.
edit on 16-9-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Lol of course you do, proving mans arrogance yet again - "aliens are not real, but i can believe man made mathematically built structures like the pyramids of giza, stone henge etc!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

I wouldnt say they present it as fact. Facts come from the PhDs & opinions come from the "hair" guy & other UFO/alien enthusiasts. Its noticeable when they say it's their opinion.

uhh, yeah they really do. that foreign dude says word for word "look at the drawing. oh my god, this is absolute proof of extraterrestrials" and don't even get me started on that fake tan hair guy. you're setting the bar pretty low if this is your idea of good ufo coverage.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadlyrhythm

uhh, yeah they really do. that foreign dude says word for word "look at the drawing. oh my god, this is absolute proof of extraterrestrials" and don't even get me started on that fake tan hair guy. you're setting the bar pretty low if this is your idea of good ufo coverage.

It's kinda annoying though, how the enthusiasts run wild with their imaginations. That hair guy is epic...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadlyrhythm

Yeah it's proof for him & his theories, but doesn't make it fact. A great example is Erik Von Danikan claiming a Mayan sculpture to be depicting a man in a rocket ship. To him its evidence that supports his theories (& i see what he means) but it is not fact. They say plenty that it is their opinion, but it's not said in every frame of their interview. The AA theory is just that, a theory! If you don't understand that, well, I don't think we can set the bar any lower for you. It's clear the facts come from the PhDs & the opinions come from everyone else.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

I have to say that i have enjoyed series and series 3 so far... lots of new stuff that i had never seen or heard of before such as those buildings in Ethiopia!! How they were built is beyond me coz definately needed some type of lazer to cut through the rock with such precision!!

But thats not all.... those Ancient ruins underneath 'Temple Mount' are something too... those huge rocks that were somehow put into place.... and also the possible site of first UFO landings!!

This is great stuff!!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This show keeps getting better and better. I didn't really enjoy the first four episodes of this season, but the last couple have been great!!!!! It's like they started listening to us, after those early eps were made, what we wanted in the show. Oh well, it is intriguing to think about. Just be careful who you talk about it too. Die Hard Christians is a no-no!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd772

My favorite part of the show, and has always been, is when they go to ancient sites that I didn't even know existed, as we have seen is this latest episode.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yeah. One site I had never heard of that really has caught my interest was the seemingly man-made cave structures (in Turkey I think). It was brought up in this show or maybe it was Legend Quest? but I haven't been able to find much else on it aside from some theories that they were used to hide out from raiders which seemed pretty stupid to me as all the "raiders" would have to do is block the air shafts and wait a while...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If there was a way to cut out all of the kooks in that show it would be much more enjoyable.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
If they treated Ancient Aliens as 100% hypothesis I wouldn't mind. However where the show falls down is that they mostly pass off their unsubstantiated drivel as fact. For me it's equally (if not more) exciting to think that man was responsible for all the amazing feats in antiquity.

IRM

I have to agree here,. I support Ancient theory because it has lots of logical connections but it still cannot be taken as a fact, just possibility. And that's why I never understood the bashing, as those here bash it not because it is presented as a fact but merely for the need to bash any theory involving ETs,

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yes, that is my favorite part as well, or artifacts that look strangely unlike the descriptions the Egyptologists claim them to be. I like their vision.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Br4vedave

Well it is considered a conspiracy theory and usually people who think differently than the majority of the public are considered "crazy". I don't think you'll find most people who would be willing to talk about this stuff out in the public and that in itself might be a conspiracy!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
What would the motive to make a alien travel lightyears to a remote rock and toy with human DNA? I think the stuff is man made but lost in the ages. we have what 5000 years of confirmed history and 2 million years of lost history. The odds of somewhere in the lost history there being a 600 year golden age here and there sounds more resonable to me. All we know one of the golden ages could of spread to the stars but sadly all is lost in the sands of time

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

thank you for posting this video.
ancient civilizations and man's quest to understand his existence is always interesting.

the architecture and art of the ancients is beautiful.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

reply to post by thedeadlyrhythm

Yeah it's proof for him & his theories, but doesn't make it fact. To him its evidence that supports his theories (& i see what he means) but it is not fact. They say plenty that it is their opinion, but it's not said in every frame of their interview. If you don't understand that, well, I don't think we can set the bar any lower for you. It's clear the facts come from the PhDs & the opinions come from everyone else.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

set the bar lower for me? is that supposed to be an insult? you're very right, nothing they say make anything fact. but they call it "proof". When you call something "proof", you are referring to something as factual as as a result of the stated evidence. what they are actually doing is making ignorant, false statements. im sorry that you find that so easy to overlook and ignore.

now if they said "this evidence points to the possibility that the ancient aliens theory may be true"... that'd be a different story entirely. the fault is entirely in the way the show is presented and the tone of the presenters.
edit on 16-9-2011 by thedeadlyrhythm because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This series is both good and bad.
Good, as in it makes you think and broadens people's horizons.
Bad in the way some of these 'experts' jump to conclusions and make leaps of faith based on the flimsiest of evidence.

Most of these experts throw earlier man under the bus and give them absolutely no credit. They may not have had our modern tools or systems of education, but they had our brains and creativity.

It is entirely possible that there were no ancient astronauts, or ancient ET. There could easily have been advanced civilizations that were destroyed in any number of ways.
In fact we have legends of such events. Atlantis is one of them.
They also found another legendary city called Dwarka off the coast of India.

If there were any advanced civilizations from before the last ice age or earlier, they are likely sunken off the coast lines. Or they were annihilated by glaciation.

Just watch another show on the History Channel that shows how fast civilization can disappear : Life after people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join