It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survivor: South Pacific

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Survivor is back.

Yeah, I know, the first replies will be those trashing reality shows, etc., but it's one of my guilty pleasures. I've watched since day 1, and would give anything to be on the show (except being unemployed by taking so much time off)...

Two remaining vets....Ozzie (the survivalist pretty boy), and Coach (the Steven Seagal wannabe) return as team captains. The infamous Russell's nephew is also in the cast, but I wouldn't expect any Russell-like actions from him.

So far, no real standouts, except in a bad way. The one who got voted off deserved it. She kept saying she had skills and volunteered for a particular job in the challenge, only to fail miserably at it. Idiot....

Did anybody catch that they started them off with fishing gear? WTF? Oh well, softies. Usual collection of young hotties with a few older folks. Looks to be a decent season so far though.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

My Wife is addicted to this show so in order to be a compassionate and considerate spouse I watch it with her.

That's why it's called survivor....the big mouth with runaway foot in mouth disease was called on it !

Natural Selection in my book ....Plain and Simple.

My wife loves that show and I am thinking what's on next....

Did anyone catch the blue star/planet in the opener where they're discussing and viewed the heavens though ?

Pretty interesting because it was very bright and apparent especially in HD !

That view would be worth it in my book...

PEACE

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I love Survivor. It's the only "reality" show I will watch.

I do think it is wise of Russell's nephew to hide his family ties right now. Obviously, at some point, it will come out, but then he can justifiably say, "Hey, I didn't want you to prejudge me based on uncle's behavior." Anybody who has watched the game will forgive him that little deception.

I like the Harvard law student. He seems like a decent kid. Smart and determined and willing to jump way out of his comfort zone. I was surprised he got singled out like that so quickly.

Coach just never has impressed me. He is a pathological liar and my wife says he gives her the creeps; that's enough for me. I'm surprised they keep bringing him back, but maybe that's just me being disconnected from the rest of society.

I can't remember the name of the puzzle they did for the immunity challenge, but I have done that before and know the pattern. I wish I had been there...

Some nice bikini eye candy, too!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
My guilty pleasure too, from day 1. Can't wait til things start getting stirred up
Haven't formed my opinions yet, but some of the characters seem interesting enough. Somehow, I think Coach is gonna figure out the Hantz connection. He's an observer and analyzer and at some point during a challenge one of those Hantz tatoo's will be exposed. Ahh, let the games begin!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
You can tell that Cochran is a lawyer. He saved his ass with his speech, I think. What a nerd! See him running into the surf in slo-motion? HIlarious.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Contestants should be eliminated by matches of mortal combat.
Then I will enjoy this show a lot more.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I like the Harvard law student. He seems like a decent kid. Smart and determined and willing to jump way out of his comfort zone. I was surprised he got singled out like that so quickly.

Pretty dumb to admit he goes to Harvard though.
Makes it obvious he doesn't need the million.
Why give the others a reason?

His trouble in getting over the wall really hurt him too.
I like the guy, who doesn't root for the underdog? But, he's gotta step it up.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Don't feel guilty about watching survivor when there's worse trash on telly. I enjoy it, even though I can only watch on youtube.

We used to have survivor on UK TV but I think there were only 2 seasons then it ended. I thought it was great.

What's worse I suppose is I've just watched the whole summer's US Big Brother. It's 100x better than the UK version.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
YAY Survivor. Thanks for making a new thread for the new season.

It was an entertaining first show. I'm getting kind of tired of all the "pretty girls" on the show that have no business being there...although that Mikayla girls looks like she is going to be tough competition.

I'm not sure about the Hantz kid...I think he is going to leave early...looks like he screws up next week from the previews.

Albert looks like a BEAST...did you see him pull that guy over the wall...ALL BY HIMSELF??? That takes some strength.

And I hate to say it...but so far...I think I'm liking Coach....I'm sure he will freak out soon thought

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I enjoy watching Coach. He's a real fruit loop, and always entertaining. I think it's because he's so sincere in his insanity. He actually BELIEVES the BS he spouts...

I've known many like him.

Yeah, I think the Hantz kid's days are numbered, especially once his identity is known.

I'm fine with the babes (of course), but get babes who actually DO something. There are plenty of such examples in the past (Parvarti, Stephanie, etc.).

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Whichever day it's on I can watch next day on youtube. So is it only on Wednesday night, US?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Yes

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Christine is the next to go to Redemption Island, no real surprise there, but it almost was due to that tribal council.

Brandon (Russell's nephew) told Coach about his family ties. But, the real story (helped by the producers' editing) is that he has a major crush on Mikala, and feels it threatens his marriage, so he wanted her gone. He even lied to try and make it happen, but that backfired when nobody else could support the lie, and he foolishly admitted to it. He's definitely got some mental issues to deal with...

Ozzy's tribe won immunity, with a great come from behind victory. Cochran is trying hard to make inroads, but it's coming off as desperate (and too little too late probably).

The other amazing story is Coach. From odd man out, he now emerges almost as a tribal leader. Good job Coach!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Great show, I had to watch on youtube, it's not on our telly.

Yes, that Brandon does have some serious issues. Looks like that poor girl Mikaila has absolutely no idea he's obsessed with her. And creepily so. He seems the type that would blame her if he ever got out of control, (if you know what I mean). Or it's made worse by the editing, which wouldn't be fair.

I'm glad that sour faced lady got kicked out, forgot her name.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Christine...

Apparently, there's a blog out there from Brandon's wife, about how he used to beat her, and they got past it, etc., so your insight doesn't seem far off the mark.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
No surprise that Semhar lost the duel and was sent home...

I was kind of hoping that Coach's team would lose the challenge, so they could vote off Lil Hantz. After all, his big speech practically sealed his fate...what an idiot!

Instead, Ozzie's team lost, so they got rid of their weakest link in challenges, Papa Bear (basically the old, gay cop).

I'm kind of surprised Cochran didn't try and forge an alliance with Papa Bear and the other gal on the outs. It seems from the previews, that he's making a move next week though, and targeting Ozzie. That will likely backfire if he gets wind of it, and plays the idol.

Next week should be very interesting. Of course, if Ozzie did get ousted, he'd reign supreme on Redemption, beating all comers, to eventually come back in the game. Then, he'd dominate the individual challenges...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'm gutted. Someone's policing youtube and I can't find survivor 23 to watch now. All the links there want me to sign up and get a new toolbar and probably my card details too. I got as far as episode 2 and now the plug has been pulled.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I think CBS' website shows episodes after they've aired, can you not see those?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Like you suggested I went to CBS site but found I'm in wrong part of the world. I googled for a bit and found out I can download this thing that'll give me a private second IP address. It's called Hotspot shield. It did change my homepage but I sorted that out and I can switch this thing off and on when I need it.

So I got that and started watching the show. I was about 10 minutes in when it halted and I got this message -The video you have requested is either unavailable or is being blocked by an ad blocker installed on your computer-

I googled that and found out that at the bottom of the CBS page there's a link to -Ad choice- I clicked there and closed off all adverts, and it WORKED. Perfect.

So glad it's sorted, it's only Ep 3 but I'm hooked already. I don't think it'll happen but I'd like to see poor Cochran with a tan and some muscle before he's kicked

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

According to the preview, he makes a play next week. We'll have to see if it works. Personally, I don't know why he didn't try that this time, when he had two other allies, in Papa Bear and the other chick on the outs of the alliance.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join