It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survivor: South Pacific

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Great show, I had to watch on youtube, it's not on our telly.

Yes, that Brandon does have some serious issues. Looks like that poor girl Mikaila has absolutely no idea he's obsessed with her. And creepily so. He seems the type that would blame her if he ever got out of control, (if you know what I mean). Or it's made worse by the editing, which wouldn't be fair.

I'm glad that sour faced lady got kicked out, forgot her name.

I was watching last night's episode, and something kept tugging at me regarding Brandon and Mikaila. I had caught that Brandon is hot for her. That was obvious. But what you said just made it dawn on me: Brandon is to Mikaila what a closeted gay homophobe is to gays.

He wants her gone because that achin' in his loins makes him feel like a dirty boy unworthy of Jesus's love.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

My personal thoughts are that he previously cheated on his young wife, and beat her when he was angry.
Someone intervened, and he went to church, thinks he found God, and all that (and it's likely worked out enough to where his wife stayed with him).

Now though, he's separated from that support system (hence his quick daddy adoption of Coach), and Mikayla represents his ideal "type" of girl. So, he wants to cheat so badly (regardless of the fact she wouldn't give him the time of day), that he built it up in his head, and lashes out at her, like a little boy does to a girl he likes.

He sees her getting voted off as the easiest solution for his little dilemma (and he's right, it would be), but this obsession of his is likely to destroy his marriage, his image, and get him kicked off the island in short order...and...he'd deserve it.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That explanation would explain alot. As much as I see him as a live wire where the team is concerned, I kinda hope they keep him around for entertainment. I may eventually not be able to get enough of his rolly polly bible thumping drama queen butt.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

At least Matt's Bible thumping was sincere though...a bit misguided (I seriously doubt God's got a stake on his success on Survivor)...but genuine.

Lil Hantz, on the other hand...just uses it as a crutch, it's obvious he doesn't really believe his own BS...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
What happened to Coach? The first two times he was on the show he was looney tunes. He seems to have gotten sane this time around.

I actually like him this season..
edit on 6-10-2011 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

He's playing well too. He went from target number one, to the guy calling the shots.

No small feat.

I think he likely saw footage from his previous stints, and found out what he should and should not talk about, to project the image he is trying to project. I've always found him entertaining, and a genuinely nice guy, if a little looney.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
No surprise last night, as to who would lose the duel challenge. This season's standard angry diva was sent home.

That immunity challenge was utterly disgusting....the two teams had to (using only their mouths) bite off chunks of a roasted pig, and deposit it into a basket. The results after a time, would be weighed.

The winning team won by only two ounces (basically one bite)...

Ozzy's tribe threw a curveball. He thought he had it sewn up, but Ozzy failed to learn his lesson about cozying up to a pretty piece of tail. EVERYBODY hates a couple (ever since Rob and Amber)...and even his alliance wanted to break that up...more than they wanted Ozzy's loyalty.

So, Jim and Cochran's plan to oust Ozzy's gal worked....and he was blindsided. (Personally, I think they should have used the chance to get out Ozzy, but oh well)...

From the previews of next week...Ozzy looks very PO'd...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Has anyone ever been to a survivor convention? WHere does one find out about them?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
What a move by Ozzie! If he pulls this off and makes it to the final, he wins. Who could deny him? But, the game is still way too young...

Brandon is nuts. Seriously, that guy is unstable.

Coach is really playing the game. He's still a loon, and he wouldn't know the truth if it kicked him in the cajones, but he is playing well.

If the editors don't stop with the prayer crap, I'm going to be an unhappy Survivor fan. It just seems so phony to me.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

Was it a smart or stupid move?

Will Cockran give back the idol or will Ozzie have to beat it out of him - or mayhap just a 30 second death stare would do it.

Good season so far. I don't have a favorite like I usually do by this time. It was Ozzy for a bit but he's seeming just a tad too full of himself as of late.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
reply to post by DragonTattooz

Was it a smart or stupid move?

I was hoping to not be called out on that! lol

I have mixed feelings...

On the one hand, his meltdown caused him to lose virtually all of the respect that he had garnered. So, if you look at it that way, maybe a BIG move like this was the only way to put himself in a position where he could later lay claim to the $1M should he make it that far. In addition, as I said earlier, if he makes it to the end, who could deny him the $1M after making a move like that?

On the other hand, he seemed to be getting some of that respect back. If he stuck around, he could have probably regained his leadership position. Now he has put himself in a position where he can be eliminated permanently.

So, my answer is that I think it was a bad move overall. I understand the reasoning, but in the end the game is about winning the $1M, and you can't win if you are not there.

Yes, I think the Death Stare would leave Cochran cowering and begging Ozzie to take the Idol back...lol

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It was a total bonehead move.

Christine was nearly guaranteed to join Ozzie's crew! She flipped off her team mates, and was cheered against by her tribe, and Ozzy and his people SAW all of this!

What an idiot!!! He could have put Cochran on there to lose...converted Christine, and STILL have the idol!

Almost even more boneheaded than going home with the idol in his pocket....

What an idiot....

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Just to post a followup...so Ozzy went to RI, defeated Christine, then rejoined his tribe, just in time for the merge, as was his brilliant plan.

Of course, it went just as I said it would, and backfired on him. Trusting the same guy they did nothing but deride the entire time, they perfectly positioned Cochran to join with the other tribe, breaking the tie, and sending Ozzy's tribe home one by one.

First, they voted out Keith (a strong physical threat) since Ozzy won immunity. In another bonehead move, Ozzy wasted his other immunity on Whitney, someone who never even got a single vote.

Another immunity challenge, and Jim was sent to RI (since Ozzy was one of the two to win immunity).

After that, they had another immunity challenge, where Ozzy was knocked out of it early, thus ending his idea of simply winning immunity after immunity to stay in...so he went back to RI, joining Keith and Jim.

So, next week, only two of Ozzy's tribe are left in it (not counting Cochran), with Keith, Jim, and Ozzy having a duel. Needless to say, one of them is going home next time, unless someone makes a big move, and really, it's hard to see that happening.

Jim called it out...Cochran is playing a great 3rd person game. He's the perfect person to take to the final 3, as nobody will likely vote for him. He jumped ship at exactly the right time, more due to luck and emotion I think, than to any real strategy.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I can almost envision Ozzy falling to the ground throwing a fit screaming 'It's not fair! It's not fair!' There's so much more to Survivor then winning which it seems to me that he feels makes him deserving and carries that scumbag sense of entitlement to the big prize for his undeniable abilities at competitions. The use of the immunity idol on Whitney was a *huge* bonehead move. In the long run the way things are playing out I suppose it wouldn't have made much of a difference.

My underdog favorite is Dawn. Have to throw a shout out for bad ass forty-something chicks
Unless something drastic happens though, I do foresee that tribe being picked off one by one.

The person I most wish to see gone and stay gone is Brandon. I am so sick of this little pipsqueak who is so unaware of himself, others, and even his own religion. It sickens me. It was so obvious when he wanted Mikayla gone it was due to his own lust however he turned it around and portrayed her as a whore in his own mind. How typical and pathetic. Brandon is right, he's nothing like Russel - I was a fan of Russels!

The entire religious theme that was going on the last several weeks brought more then one sneer to my face. If there is a God I sincerely doubt if he gives a rats ass about you finding the immunity idol. Puhlez!

We can only hope in the next few weeks some big, bold moves are played and things will get changed up some. Otherwise the rest of the season is predictable and Coach takes the prize.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

My underdog favorite is Dawn. Have to throw a shout out for bad ass forty-something chicks Unless something drastic happens though, I do foresee that tribe being picked off one by one.

I agree, she's the only one I'd really like to see win at this point. Her only chance though, is immunity, and she's tough, so just might... I think the others will come to regret eating during that challenge. Nice trick on Jeff's part though...

I'd love to see Brandon go, but he's also a good choice to have with you in the final, as everyone hates him.

Yeah, the religious stuff was grating. I don't know if it's Coach's game though. Once they turn on each other, he's got a BIG target on him...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I just caught up with this show again. Loving it. There's just a little too many prayers circles on it for me but the rest is perfect.

I like Ozzy and the fact that he just wont go away, lol. Coach is a strange bloke and I think they might turn on him soon. He really does seem like a cult leader and wants everything done his way.
Watch next episode he says something like "I am Zeus" hahaha. Then Cochran says to camera "didn't Zeus kill his babies?"

I'd like to see more of that Hantz boy just for the fun factor. He does say some strange things, and I want to see him get angry, maybe at coach? That would be an awesome shtf scene. But Cochran has been well entertaining so far. Little bugger!

It struck me how similar Survivor is to the US big brother show. the difference is they're outside and there's no head of household. Well, except coach,

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Watch next episode he says something like "I am Zeus" hahaha. Then Cochran says to camera "didn't Zeus kill his babies?"

Except Mr. Harvard is incorrect. He's thinking of Uranus (or Oaranos, if you prefer), not Zeus.

Cochran made a big move when he jumped ship. It wasn't a "bold" move, as he did it out of fear of having to draw lots. But, it was a lucky move, as he's now in a PERFECT position. He's so hated, that he's the main guy to have with you in the final, as there are at least 4 jury votes (maybe 5 depending on the RI verdict) that he won't be getting.

The rest of them had a chance to make a big move, using the two free votes, but blew it, and kept drinking the Coach Kool-Aid. It's like watching last season with Rob all over again, and if they don't make a big play next time, the end result will be the same (Coach wins).

Lil' Hanz is downright creepy, but like Cochran, folks hate him, so he may get to stick around longer. I see Coach taking out Rick next. He's the logical choice. He's a physical and vote threat, and isn't going to vote Coach anyhow most likely.

On Redemption Island, it all depends on the challenge, but I see Dawn sending Ozzy and Whitney to the jury. Ozzy has gotten too cocky lately, and ever since his tantrum, he's been almost unlikable.

Here's an insider tip though...did you know that Whitney and Keith got it on in the jungle? She's leaving her new hubby for Keith! You could see hints of it in the last episode if you watched for it.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I was annoyed to see the last episode was just a recap but there was lot of info on there that we haven't seen in the show. Cochran's sleeping arangements were hilarious. Brandon losing that chicken the way he did - oooh, huge mistake.

And I see what you mean about Whitney and Keith now. She's just married? Brazen hussy!

Originally posted by Gazrok
Here's an insider tip though...did you know that Whitney and Keith got it on in the jungle? She's leaving her new hubby for Keith! You could see hints of it in the last episode if you watched for it.

...I didn't see that coming.

Coach is very clever with words, I think I'd have got sucked in by his Greek myth/history spiel. I don't like him though. I think if he says "man" a lot, that's when he's telling lies. I always know when my fella's guilty of something when he starts whistling some tuneless ditty. Same thing.

I Can't wait for next episode now. I want Ozzy to come back because he's the only hottie in there. Yes, I'm that shallow.

edit on 24-11-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Like I told you last season: I'm not patient enough to watch 43 minutes, and then wait 7 days before watching another 43 minutes. I just started watching this season a couple days ago. Have now watched the first 4 episodes.

First, I just have to get this off my chest. I don't even care if nobody reads this. I just have to let it be known that I actually hate that kid. He's an idiot. I could not care any less about who he is related to. He is just so dam annoying. There have been plenty of 'castaways' in the past, that I didn't like, but I could watch them.

I cannot listen to another false apology from that wannabe bible pusher. In episode 3(I think), when he called everyone over to listen to his whiney rant(the day after he got busted lying trying to get Mikayla voted out)...... he ended his rant with "just leave me out of your drama." (Or something similar to that). It blew my mind that nobody said anything to him. He is the Drama Queen.

For the sake of my computer monitor, as soon as his mouth opens I have to mute, or seek forward past it. If he isn't gone soon, then either me or my monitor may not make it through this season.

Ok. I feel better now lol.

Episode 2: I don't know what exactly is going on here. This scene was only a few seconds. They had the challenge; Then the commercial break; Then this scene was right after the commercial break. With commercials cut out, this begins around 26:40/42:20.

Now I don't know exactly what is going on here. What I do know is that I don't see any food, and I didn't see any chewing. I do see smoke though... hhmmm

Now surely that isn't what it looks like, but.....

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Guess I forgot this part:

Did you notice that?
&
What do you think they're doing?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join