It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.2 quake Fijji Region.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
There has been no injuries or damage from the quake, as far as I know. Infact I have not read or heard of it in the local media at all.

I am not sure if I should be relieved that there is no damage, or worried that there is media blackout.

And 7+ earthquakes are not frequent in Fiji, believe me , I live here. The main disasters here are floods and hurricanes.

MAP 5.5 2011/09/15 11:59:53 -14.848 -177.812 370.0 FIJI REGION
MAP 7.3 2011/09/15 19:31:03 -21.559 -179.369 626.1 FIJI REGION
next???

I hope this is not a precursor to a bigger and devastating one.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kaleshchand

No. Well. Maybe on March 22, 2012 or Sept 27, 2011.

Then theres the possibility of Asteroid YU55 hitting Earth.

Did you feel the quake at all?
edit on 16-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

There have been some quakes even in the Caribbean including a 5.1 that occurred yesterday close to Cuba. If you look at the site below, there were quite a few quakes yesterday in several different areas around the world.

www.iris.edu...

It is still not conclusive of anything, but it is a bit wierd, more so with the recent quakes in areas where we haven't registered earthquakes before, or where they are rare.
edit on 16-9-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quyll
I hope that everyone is safe.

I truly believe that the world is coming to an end.

Maybe, after it has, we can all ascend and finally live in eternal peace and happiness as spiritual beings of light.

No more chaos

The world is coming to an end...in the same way that we are all dying, getting a little closer to the end each day. Life has survived on this planet for billions of years, and life will continue on long after ours ends.

The earth looks at us as we look at the mayflies who are born, reproduce, and die in just hours. When she blinks, a thousand of our lifetimes have gone by. We are looking at the earths history through a tiny pinhole, and it's foolish to draw such large conclusions from such little, little knowledge.

So yes, the world is coming to an end, but it will come at the univere's pace and not our own.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Akasirus

So yes, the world is coming to an end, but it will come at the univere's pace and not our own.

Oh, what a party pooper you are.

I was all ready with canned goods, stored water, BOB, get away vehicle, etc..Then here you are, talking about the "Universe's pace". I thought humanity would actually be put to the deserved test *finally*, but noooo here you are telling us that things are just as normal as they have always been.

Btw, let us know when you think the Universe has had enough of our crap!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

There have been some quakes even in the Caribbean including a 5.1 that occurred yesterday close to Cuba. If you look at the site below, there were quite a few quakes yesterday in several different areas around the world.

www.iris.edu...

It is still not conclusive of anything, but it is a bit wierd, more so with the recent quakes in areas where we haven't registered earthquakes before, or where they are rare.

Around 1300 5.0-5.9 earthquakes occur every year, as averaged over the last 2 decades. They are not really a noteworthy event, or anything strange/weird. In fact, the caribbean gets an average of 1-2 earthquakes a year greater than 5.0.

Looking at the earthquakes over a short period of time it is very easy to see patterns or other strangeness, you can get caught up in the whole thing. With such a small sample size things are going to be out of place. These events may be very unlikely if you look at the context of them occurring in a given month or year but looking at things in a larger context, with a larger sample size over a period of years there is really nothing statistically significant.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Please worry, an area here in South Africa called Augrabies, declared as one of the most stable in the world, has been having tremours never eva experienced before. HAARP?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

No I did not feel it at all.

This is an earthquake region and we often do have 4 to 5.4 or so range, and a 7+ is not impossible or something, just not usual.

However what worries me the most is that with any 4+ quake it is all over the news, radio, online, tv, practically everywhere, but this time with a 7+ there is absolute silence.

edit on 9/16/2011 by kaleshchand because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaleshchand

However what worries me the most is that with any 4+ quake it is all over the news, radio, online, tv, practically everywhere, but this time with a 7+ there is absolute silence.

There has been no mention of the quake in the media at all??

Since there were no reports of damage (luckily), and it went mostly un-noticed...possibly they figure why even mention it

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akasirus

Around 1300 5.0-5.9 earthquakes occur every year, as averaged over the last 2 decades. They are not really a noteworthy event, or anything strange/weird. In fact, the caribbean gets an average of 1-2 earthquakes a year greater than 5.0.

If you are averaging earthquakes over the last 2 decades you are already rendering your argument invalid, as you are using even the more up-to-date quakes to come up with the average.

And btw, earthquakes that close to Cuba are not that frequent, except maybe for the past two or three weeks.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
It was 188 days between Chili and New Zealand's quakes, then 188 to Japan's. Today is 188 days later......

I hope no ones been injured.

Since the Quakes are hardly natural, they're amping something up with HAARP, I imagine they had other plans. The predictions were for California, Casadian region and even mid US. I think they don't get what they want always. We need to hold onto love and awareness and keep the shield of faith up.

news.xinhuanet.com...

Looks like no one got hurt, and hope/pray this isnt a foreshock.
edit on 15-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

this 188 days stuff is garbage, there have been other big earthquakes in the 188 days since Japan, and the 188 days prior. just looks like trying to make something of nothing

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by summer5

Originally posted by kaleshchand

There has been no mention of the quake in the media at all??

Since there were no reports of damage (luckily), and it went mostly un-noticed...possibly they figure why even mention it

the media only cares, when they get to lick their chops over death counts and destruction. all those producers were salivating when they saw the tsunamis in Japan because it gave them weeks of material, and now of course they never report on them anymore, it's pathetic

top topics

<< 1   >>

join