It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious About UFOs? You're in Good Company

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I too have thought of this, but friend, you know as well as I if you create a research based website on these topics, the search engines will ignore it, and most will never come across it.

It wont be able to survive. It wont get enough clicks to even make it worth indexing for the search engines. You see, if you want a website that will discuss this topic like intelligent adults, and not have to wade through the alien blood types, abductees, tesla rejects, and outright ignorant youtube surfers....your website will die from lack of content. This website needs ignorance in order to survive. That's why I thought it was always funny how they really used to push the term "deny ignorance". Guess they figured out if they actually try to do that they will loose their most active audience.

There are a few boards out there that discuss this using common sense, logic and an overall adult thought process, and while refreshing, they don't get many new posts per day...or week for that matter. So it would have to be a labor of love, and not a commercial endeavor like this board is.

Until this subject can make money by being intellectually honest, we are doomed to repeat the cycle of ignorance over and over. So unfortunately, those that are just getting interested in this subject fall in to two basic groups.....those that know crap when they see it and never come back, and the scarier crowd....those that don't know any better or have personal issues that limit their ability to use their brain properly. And then a very small percentage like me, folks who recognize the real problems around this subject and are not scared to stick around and consistently remind people about how reality works.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
It wont be able to survive. It wont get enough clicks to even make it worth indexing for the search engines. You see, if you want a website that will discuss this topic like intelligent adults, and not have to wade through the alien blood types, abductees, tesla rejects, and outright ignorant youtube surfers....your website will die from lack of content.
My guess is that it can only work as a collaborative research hobby group. However, a hypothetical site that generated quality results could easily capture traffic by posting it's results on sites like ATS. Any revenue from advertising could pay for the small cost of running the site and possibly minimal funds toward the cost of any research. I doubt there would be any point running it as anything but not for profit.

I just find it disheartening that the few quality threads on ATS are just buried and many members have to have anything significant rammed down their throat, especially if it contains original work. There are some exceptions of course but....

<< 1   >>

join