It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious About UFOs? You're in Good Company

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

People interested in UFOs are typically stereotyped as young nerdy Star Trek fans, but the truth is altogether different. I had this same expectation when I attended my first UFO meeting. I lived near the headquarters of the largest UFO research organization in the country, the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON), and the first time I walked into a meeting, to my surprise, I found mostly retirees. The man in charge was a retired engineer, John Schuessler, who spent years working at Johnson Space Center, beginning with NASA's first manned space missions.

Among the attendees were engineers, retired law enforcement and retired military personnel, who for one reason or other took the issue of UFOs very seriously. Schuessler's interest was that some of the craft described by credible witnesses were highly advanced, and that if we could glean some of this technology from the characteristics described in UFO sightings, it could be utilized to enhance our space program. He became aware of the UFO phenomenon when he found out first hand that astronauts had been seeing things in space they couldn't explain.

Astronaut Gordon Cooper, one of the first men in space, went public with his extraordinary UFO encounters. He says in 1951 he and other Air Force jet pilots saw a group of "metallic, saucer-shaped vehicles". He also says in 1957 a camera crew he supervised filmed a saucer like craft land in the desert at Edwards Air Force base. He was ordered to give the film to a courier and never saw it again. Another astronaut, Edgar Mitchell, says he knows UFOs are real from speaking with his colleagues. He also grew up in Roswell, New Mexico, where he says an extraterrestrial craft really did crash in 1947.

Continued HERE

It's true, even on ATS you will find people poking fun at 'believers' and speaking condescendingly to individuals with a need to get to the bottom of this issue. It saddens me for many reasons. Although as this article highlights, one of the things that I still find baffling in this field is the attitude towards believers in the general public, as far as I'm concerned if it is good enough for an astronaut it is good enough for me. Although people still neglect this reality, MANY CREDIBLE INDIVIDUALS have come forward with their accounts and yet this issue is still clouded by a certain brand of skepticism that refuses to acknowledge the credibility of these accounts.

[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alejandro-rojas/curious-about-ufos-youre-_b_951577.html Curious About UFOs? You're in Good Company[/url]

Here is a great article that discusses the reality here, into UFO's? You're in good company!

Cheers, Sir Slide

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

People interested in UFOs are typically stereotyped as young nerdy Star Trek fans, but the truth is altogether different. I had this same expectation when I attended my first UFO meeting. I lived near the headquarters of the largest UFO research organization in the country, the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON), and the first time I walked into a meeting, to my surprise, I found mostly retirees. The man in charge was a retired engineer, John Schuessler, who spent years working at Johnson Space Center, beginning with NASA's first manned space missions.

Among the attendees were engineers, retired law enforcement and retired military personnel, who for one reason or other took the issue of UFOs very seriously. Schuessler's interest was that some of the craft described by credible witnesses were highly advanced, and that if we could glean some of this technology from the characteristics described in UFO sightings, it could be utilized to enhance our space program. He became aware of the UFO phenomenon when he found out first hand that astronauts had been seeing things in space they couldn't explain.

Astronaut Gordon Cooper, one of the first men in space, went public with his extraordinary UFO encounters. He says in 1951 he and other Air Force jet pilots saw a group of "metallic, saucer-shaped vehicles". He also says in 1957 a camera crew he supervised filmed a saucer like craft land in the desert at Edwards Air Force base. He was ordered to give the film to a courier and never saw it again. Another astronaut, Edgar Mitchell, says he knows UFOs are real from speaking with his colleagues. He also grew up in Roswell, New Mexico, where he says an extraterrestrial craft really did crash in 1947.

Continued HERE

It's true, even on ATS you will find people poking fun at 'believers' and speaking condescendingly to individuals with a need to get to the bottom of this issue. It saddens me for many reasons. Although as this article highlights, one of the things that I still find baffling in this field is the attitude towards believers in the general public, as far as I'm concerned if it is good enough for an astronaut it is good enough for me. Although people still neglect this reality, MANY CREDIBLE INDIVIDUALS have come forward with their accounts and yet this issue is still clouded by a certain brand of skepticism that refuses to acknowledge the credibility of these accounts.

[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alejandro-rojas/curious-about-ufos-youre-_b_951577.html Curious About UFOs? You're in Good Company[/url]

Here is a great article that discusses the reality here, into UFO's? You're in good company!

Cheers, Sir Slide

Nice post...and your right. I have been posting for people who cry out for proof....several ways to find it...one of them being testimony of U.S. Astronauts....another being Mitchell. There is A LOT of proof out there....one just needs to know where to look. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I find that by their credentials alone it adds credence to their accounts. It's just that I feel people STILL ridicule the issue and its participants when as it turns out some of the most remarkable people in the world are positive that they have seen flying disks, this should be a big deal, oh but no we are STILL all loons and unhinged individuals.....

Rubbish

Cheers for the reply man

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

I find that by their credentials alone it adds credence to their accounts. It's just that I feel people STILL ridicule the issue and its participants when as it turns out some of the most remarkable people in the world are positive that they have seen flying disks, this should be a big deal, oh but no we are STILL all loons and unhinged individuals.....

Rubbish

Cheers for the reply man

I take it you are a John Lennon fan? Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Did you get my message back? Thanks for the post!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I totally agree, I dont really see the debunkers problem. I mean its just human curiosity right? for hundreds if not thousands of years folk have seen stuff in the sky that they cant explain. so i would like to know more about it. Its fascinating and exiting to search and learn. I cant understand these people being so adament to tell everyone there is no wonder and mystery out there.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix

I guess a lot of people have pretty heavy reasons why they need to fend off the issue. For many it may be religious reasons, maybe even just not wanting to be cast in the same shadow as most UFO believer stereotypes. It is a sick game how they have portrayed people interested in ufology in the media. Thanks for the reply

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I am more than just curious. I want to know. If they are already among us, I want to know that they are. Tired of all the lies and the games.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This is one of the better boards out there. Yet, even on here all one has to do is read the thread titles alone on the first page in this forum and you will instantly see examples of the rampant ignorance that has tainted us all. The average Joe Mainstream (i.e. someone who is not interested in aliens/ufos) does think we are a bunch of kooks. Why? Because for far too long the loudest, most ignorant among of has been our voice. And we willingly encourage it and allow them to do so.....in the interest of being politically correct and polite....we wouldn't want to hurt someone's feelings now would we?

I'm trying to picture myself sitting on the couch, totally uninterested in aliens or ufos. I see something on tv, something where the newscaster doesn't chuckle -that much- and my interest gets going. I grab my laptop and start my first foray into the subject online. The very first things I run into is 100% absolute nonsense.....Andromeda Council this, folks claiming they are butt-rape abductees, idiots faking videos, idiots shouting at lights on youtube, some dude claiming Tesla is the answer to everything, threads and subjects about how "alien blood is the key to opening your mind" and other such complete and total ignorant nonsense. And that is just with ONE GOOGLE SEARCH. So here I am, sitting on the couch thinking to myself...."no wonder the newscaster had to stifle a chuckle, this stuff is nonsense...I guess it's true what they say about these freaks". So, at that point, I close my laptop and flip on the Wheel of Fortune or Jersey Shore and tune out reality (much as the believers do), never to revisit this subject again. Matter of fact, when someone brings it up around me from then on I will laugh and tell them not to waster their time. Odd how that works. Almost like word of mouth, lol. So at that point, Ufology has lost a rational, thinking human being because of the nonsense that they openly embrace and foster. So, multiply this hypothetical me by MILLIONS of people and you will easily see why this subject can't and wont go anywhere anytime soon. Not hard to understand.

What scares me more is the amount of people that run into the heaping amounts of nonsense a simple google search turns up and STICK AROUND because they are too ignorant to know any better. Those are the people that end up becoming "useful idiots" and the process begins anew. If i was the government and my job was to hide UFO's, everyone is already doing it for me by making this subject a laughing joke, I would have thousands of "useful idiots" doing my job for free without even knowing it. It's called ignorance, and it is very helpful to those that don't want you to really get down to the brass tacks.

The SMALL minority of folks that actually have their head on their shoulders regarding this subject are drowned out by the complete and obvious nonsense that we are forced to put up with. And there wont be any progress made until we clean house. I mean, you clean your house before having company over if you want them to come back again and again....don't you?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Totally,
Also,this can be a hard site for people trying to glean information on the subject though. I coudnt belive it when i first joined. the veracity of the debunkers, we all know who they are. I mean cases like the turkey one or the huge isreal ufo are just swept aside as if they are nothing. when they are clearly some of the best evidence there is.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

I agree. Its a great subject with tons of evidence and it deserves better credence.
Cheers.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elvis Hendrix
reply to post by MainLineThis

......... I mean cases like the turkey one or the huge isreal ufo are just swept aside as if they are nothing. when they are clearly some of the best evidence there is........

They were so easily swept aside because they were nothing. There was nothing to them, no validity what so ever. Those ignorant enough to think that those two nothing cases represent some of the best evidence out there are a problem that hurts Ufology and drags us all down to their level.

You do understand that, right? Also, don't want to be rude, but don't waste your time trying to analyze those video's content, just think about the tons and tons and tons and tons and tons of documented and verifiable ancillary evidence that MUST be associated with such "sightings" in order to even bother considering it some of the 'best evidence there is".

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'm curious about the light from the ships.
Aren't you.
Has that ever been explained.
Any clue as to how light is made.
That would be an awful lot of help.
ED: We know all about the Rex Heflin disk ship on UFO Hunters
and the Oval ship of Zamora and Walton and any Wing or Triangle
or Foo but anti Tesla agents refuse to listen.

edit on 9/15/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
The SMALL minority of folks that actually have their head on their shoulders regarding this subject are drowned out by the complete and obvious nonsense that we are forced to put up with. And there wont be any progress made until we clean house. I mean, you clean your house before having company over if you want them to come back again and again....don't you?
These are important points that I have to agree with. A lot of my friends think I am nuts even trying to look at this topic. In my last job, for political reasons, I think I only told one person about my interest to protect my credibility.

I've been thinking of starting a research based forum with immediate bans for anyone posting nonsense and an inner forum for critical thinkers to be promoted to. I know, it's a form of thought policing but I'm sick of the BS!

When there is a decent thread on the UFO topic it is quickly buried beneath the noise. Sad but true...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Great Idea Pimander! That would be an awesome site, I feel like the A and U forum should be moderated as thoroughly as the 9/11 forum. I wish that threads on UFO encounters and recent sightings didnt always end up with people telling you they don't exist. I mean this is ATS, if you are not interested in Aliens and UFO's then post in another forum and leave this topic to the people who take it seriously.

I'd love to hear more about your idea Pimander

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Not allowed to discuss that on here without owner permission. It is literally an idea at this point. I shouldn't really have mentioned it on ATS but never mind....

There is nothing wrong with speculation and running with ideas we know are probably taking us beyond facts. But a lot of the tripe is just is just the opposite of useful. Lets face it, a lot of us are on here to let loose with some far out stuff we wouldn't dare put our real names to but even an internet persona has to have limits surely.

edit on 16/9/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Here is the deal with UFOs:

• Whoever thinks there are no UFOs, no unknown crafts (no matter the origin, the question of just seeing 'a craft') from all the reports, and every single one is aerial phenomenon, weather balloons, signal flares, chinese lanerns is an IDIOT. 100% Guaranteed. The same can be said about everyone who believes every single case is a UFO, listen to the better researchers than you who say 1% are real. That 1% out of 5000 or more makes it 50, this is not a small number at all.

• No one can be blamed for denying that these are aliens, but can be blamed for denying some of the cases are aircraft even unknown human aircraft. With the shortage of real evidence of such beings other than stories of former military personel, whom we will never know if they are speaking true things or not because they are worried for their life.. and we don't even know if they exist... Everyone values life but how come someone doesnt say - 'I'm old enough, I will reveal what happens and I dont care if someone wants to shoot me for what I tell as I;m quite in an age I shouldn't care' How come no one?

• No one can be blamed for believing there could be truth in all this because if you used your COMMON SENSE and thought clearly - how is it possible, all of a sudden, to be having technology that is 300 years in the future for just the last 50 years without any reverse engineering? Just like that? Haven't we so far revealed to the public every scientific discovery? Option A) There is no higher technology, which fails because all cases show there is Option B) it is being hidden from public? I would say Yes.

I also dislike the attitude of skeptics towards the whole ETs may have come here but they can deny everything any time they want and I know what's going on in their heads, yes I do.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Everyone values life but how come someone doesnt say - 'I'm old enough, I will reveal what happens and I dont care if someone wants to shoot me for what I tell as I;m quite in an age I shouldn't care' How come no one?
What do you mean no one?

Extraterrestrial UFO Are Real : Ben Rich Lockheed Skunk Works Director Admitted In His Deathbed Confession

US Army Veteran Soldier Deathbed Confession "I Saw Live Roswell Alien" In Camp Wallace, Virginia, US

Lt. Walter G. Haut Roswell base public information officer "deathbed" affidavit to seeing spacecraft & bodies

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Starred and flagged, friend, Good post, and it saddens me also when I see how some people are when it comes to ET/Alien threads, mostly by someone who has a story to tell, in the face of ridicule and demonizing, and then it is there for everyone to see and read, but the trolls have made it so no one really wants to read it, or add content. If you call them out, they ignore you and move to the next thread to troll.

I have my own ET experiences, I have told about some of them in this forum, and have has my fair share of the religious types and
corporate/government minions come after me on what I have posted, so I know how you feel. I would not consider myself a famous, completely credible witness, I am just a man who had had many experiences with these Beings, and have learned a great deal about them. Personally, I think practically anyone could contact them if they so desired. It just came to me, it happened, and there was not thing one I could do to stop it, and didn't really want to anyway. Why would I? I felt such love, and compassion for me, and for humanity in general, how people could find it in their hearts to call these benevolent beings demons and satans is beyond me. Oh, I know of the evil ones, make no mistake here. Trouble is, no body believes they even exist, so attempting to talk about them is very hard in here. Grouping all ET beings together is wrong, and ignorant, and we are supposed to be in denial over ignorance, right?

ET is here, and denial will not make them go away. They will help us, but they will not save us. That, friends, is up to us, we just need to realize who and what we really are. Divine Spirits of a very High Order, not just carbon based humans. The Religions will attempt to make us think that Divinity is "out there" some place, unseen and unknown, but they truth of the matter is Divinity is ours already, all we need do is accept it, and know that we are Spiritual Beings first, and human beings second.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

I've been thinking of starting a research based forum with immediate bans for anyone posting nonsense and an inner forum for critical thinkers to be promoted to. I know, it's a form of thought policing but I'm sick of the BS! When there is a decent thread on the UFO topic it is quickly buried beneath the noise. Sad but true...

I too have thought of this, but friend, you know as well as I if you create a research based website on these topics, the search engines will ignore it, and most will never come across it. Getting hooked up to the search engines is hard to do, and most of the catchy website titles are long gone, already owned by someone. And, sadly, you are right. We are a Society of Free Speech, and we shall stay that way, for as long as people like me are will to die for it. So we cannot police the trolls/disinfo agents out of here. All we can do is either play their game on them, or just ignore them completely. Personally, I sometimes enjoy a good argument.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join