It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Widespread reports of meteor over US Southwest

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NervousNJerky
Point of interest, I live 70 miles north of NYC. on Sept.12th 10:45-11:15 PM I stepped out for a smoke in my back yard. Looking into the night sky as I often do, I am an avid Satlelite hunter and star gazer. I saw an object to the north north west (at about 340 degrees) low on the horizon (about 50+ degrees above the horizon) It was what looked like a meteor transiting due north away from me. It was all white but pretty big with a tail. It was not a streak or short in duration as most all other sightings of meteors I have had. Lasted about 4-6 seconds. I thought " that was a wierd one." Just thought I would put this out there. Any one else see it? I think we're gonna see more of these.

This is an example of what I saw that night. As explained above. Only one moving away from me, no manuevers.

www.disclose.tv...
edit on 21-9-2011 by NervousNJerky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by consciousgod

There is plenty of evidence it's a meteor. The only speculation and conjecture going on is on this thread. But then how would we recognise informed discussion? The minute a trained, experienced astronomer says 'this is just a larger meteor' they are pegged as a government agent, spreading lies.

The onus is on proving it's a spaceship or a harbinger of a rogue brown dwarf etc. Being a sceptic means being capable of questioning received reality, but it doesn't mean doubting every single solitary minute detail of existence every second of your day. You'd never navigate your own bedroom carpet otherwise. Sometimes things are indeed as they appear.
edit on 22-9-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: stuff

<< 13  14  15   >>

join