It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I figuered 30 years back that two cones were likely best

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
for transmissions. en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-9-2011 by MichelJCardin because: (no reason given)
Check out Cone CVT's . But in reality; these have wear to them and are comlex for nothing where after pondering for half an hour or so; I figuered a hydraulic pump driven by the engine or whatever should pump to two diferent ratio of hydraulic engines with a control valve governing the appropriate supply ratio needed and that there is as simple and as perfect that I assume you will get.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichelJCardin
for transmissions. en.wikipedia.org...
Check out Cone CVT's . But in reality; these have wear to them and are comlex for nothing where after pondering for half an hour or so; I figuered a hydraulic pump driven by the engine or whatever should pump to two diferent ratio of hydraulic engines with a control valve governing the appropriate supply ratio needed and that there is as simple and as perfect that I assume you will get.

wow, good to know that.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. I have no idea what you just said. None.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by applebaum

I'll explain in another way; the pump is driving two different ratio hydraulic rotary turbines; one is low gear ratio and the other is high. then having a governing valve; you can direct thepressure ; somewhat like yoour shower regularor valve.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I personally don't like CVT's, whats wrong with a good old gearbox

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 200457

Actually tou can also put tension apon gears to create constant levee to them by lower ratio gears added to this cancelling the counter force. Good night
edit on 15-9-2011 by MichelJCardin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Is english your second/third/fourth language? If you composed better sentences and tried harder to be clear then I don't think you would be criticized so much. It's hard to understand you!

But I'll admit that I know nothing about hydraulics.

top topics

join