It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FDA Set to Ban Your Supplements

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This rule by the FDA is absolutely atrocious and just ticks me off
I take a Glucosamine and MSM vitamin for my knees, so I can run well. I've had a lingering injury for a few years and the Gluco/MSM helps so I can still run cross country without pain or surgery. It's very cheap (100 day supply for $15 at Costco), and works like a charm. So, I'm ticked off they will probably ban this.

But, look! They're nice enough to keep things like aspartame and high fructose corn syrup in our food and drinks. Thanks a lot FDA!
edit on 16-9-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I just wonder how far the FDA would go.
Is it a ploy to get the smaller companies bankrupt?

Becasue I gotta think some of the drug companies are making money off these supplements, too?
Who would they limit their bottom line, too?

Virtually all regulatory schemes, regardless of their motives or intent, have the effect of harming small business, which in turn feeds corporatism. Big corporations are much more capable of dealing with the regulatory schemes than small business is. In terms of the FDA, if this agency is given authority to "approve" supplemental vitamins, herbs, and minerals, this means there will be a moratorium placed upon these items for a period of years while the FDA investigates the products for "approval". Corporations will not be able to sell their vitamins until they are approved, just as the mom and pop vitamin manufactures will not be able to either. The difference is that big pharma can absorb any loss incurred by this moratorium, but the mom and pop industry cannot.

Regardless of the motives, regulatory schemes are almost always devastating to economies.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Macho Law prohibits me from admitting I'm wrong. So it is said, so shall it be done!

<< 1  2   >>

join