It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FDA Set to Ban Your Supplements

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

If implemented, some of the most effective nutrients you are taking will be removed from the market. This includes many fish oil formulas and natural plant extracts.

Banning fish oil would be absolutely proposterous. Big Pharma has an interest in selling you this wonder-supplement for a huge mark-up which is why it's being targetted.

In order for these ingredients you are using today to return to the market, the FDA will require manufacturers to conduct outrageously expensive studies using absurdly high doses, in some situations multiplied by a "safety factor" up to 2,000-times the recommended dosage on a per product basis.

Anything in such a large dose will cause issues, ANYTHING. If you mega dose nearly any vitamin at this level you are asking for trouble.

The FDA proposes that new dietary supplement ingredients should adhere to aggressive safety margins, which are typically reserved for chemical compounds known to be dangerous in all but the most miniscule concentrations.

Meanwhile the FDA ignores things like transfats, chemicals that can be leeched from food packing material (plastics, canned goods), and any sort of substance that aids in optimal production of products for corporations.

Since food additives or preservatives such as aspartame, monosodium glutamate, and sodium nitrate are known to cause cancer or other severe health problems, the FDA has implemented safety guidelines which limit allowable concentrations of these food additives to levels that are supposed to be physiologically inert.

Of course these substances are safe at certain doses, no need to worry about them!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

articles.mercola.com...

edit on 14-9-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Thanks for posting this.

I'm so tired of the FDA and their extremely biased positions which cater directly to the pharmaceutical companies. I mean how can you ban things which are natural? Government has literally gone insane.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I depend on vitamin c as the most powerful antibiotic anti infection drug in my medicine cabinet. In high doses (4,000 mg/day) and a low carb diet will get rid of any flu in 5 days or less.

Most people are probably saying "yea, sure. Been there, done it. Didn't work." what most don't know is ascorbic acid (vit C) is transported to macrophages by the insulin transport system. Macrophages use ascorbic acid like a flamethrower to destroy viruses and bacteria cell walls

If insulin is overburdened with glucose, most of the ascorbic acid will simply be passed into urine by kidneys. More medical papers have been published on the efficacy of ascorbic acid than any drug. Prior to the discovery of patentable antibiotics, ascorbic acid was hailed as a true miracle drug.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Does this really, I mean REALLY come as a shock?

We are heading to a time when we're going to have to pay to flush our own toilets and ask to get a drink of tap water.

So, better enjoy your freedoms (we have two left, right? Breathing and sleeping?) while they last!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Man I don't even know what to say. I take a variety of supplements including colloidal silver. If they ban supplements...Thats crossing a lot of lines all at once..does anyone else think so? Class action lawsuit by the people!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Sounds like I'm going to have a new job as a drug dealer.
I can see it now I'll be on the street corner slinging fish oil, V.C, B12 I got what you need man! FDA is about money and nothing more makes me sick......literally!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I am not saying that this wont happen, I have been hearing this for many years now. I think it was probably 10 years ago, I had signed a petition regarding the banning of supplements.

Funny enough, I believe it was Mercola who I had heard this from way back when.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The health food industry and consumer are going to have to be front line to knock this down and if passed, get it tossed in court, and if that doestn work actually charge and sue the hell out of the legal system and reshoot that cannon no matter what they think and NOT OBEY.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
I am not saying that this wont happen, I have been hearing this for many years now. I think it was probably 10 years ago, I had signed a petition regarding the banning of supplements.

Funny enough, I believe it was Mercola who I had heard this from way back when.

And perhaps that was enough to stop them back then, but as big pharma continues to grow and exert its influence over the FDA... they plan to eventually get their way.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
they've had nutricuticals in their crosshairs for a long time ..meanwhile we all get unregulated doses of Flouride/poison every day of our lives from cradle to grave..I'm sure it's good for us 'cause the Super Nanny Fascist Coporatocracy says so

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It was 1995 (that this was defeated once before.)

We have GOT to let our elected officials know we will not stand for this. This is not an issue that either party would champion (based on political ideology of left or right) so I can see this being something citizens of both parties will fight against.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Does this really, I mean REALLY come as a shock?

We are heading to a time when we're going to have to pay to flush our own toilets and ask to get a drink of tap water.

So, better enjoy your freedoms (we have two left, right? Breathing and sleeping?) while they last!

Homeless persons are not a suspect class, nor is sleeping out-of-doors a fundamental right. See D'Aguanno v. Gallagher, 50 F.3d 877, 879 n. 2 (11th Cir.1995) (homeless not a suspect class); Kreimer v. Bureau of Police for the Town of Morristown, 958 F.2d 1242, 1269 n. 36 (3rd Cir.1992) (same); Davison v. City of Tucson, 924 F.Supp. 989, 993 (D.Ariz.1996) (same); Johnson v. City of Dallas, 860 F.Supp. 344, 355 (N.D.Tex.1994) (same), rev'd on other grounds, 61 F.3d 442 (5th Cir.1995); Joyce v. City and County of San Francisco, 846 F.Supp. 843, 859 (N.D.Ca.1994) (declining to be the first court to recognize fundamental right to sleep), dismissed, 87 F.3d 1320 (9th Cir.1996); State of Hawaii v. Sturch, 82 Hawai'i 269, 921 P.2d 1170, 1176 (App.1996) (noting that there is "no authority supporting a specific constitutional right to sleep in a public place" unless it is expressive conduct within the ambit of the First Amendment or is protected by other fundamental rights). But see Pottinger v. City of Miami, 810 F.Supp. 1551, 1578 (S.D.Fla.1992) (indicating in dicta that homeless might constitute a suspect class), remanded for limited purposes, 40 F.3d 1155 (11th Cir.1994), and directed to undertake settlement discussions, 76 F.3d 1154 (1996). Consequently, rational basis review is appropriate.

Joel v. City of Orlando, 232 F.3d 1353 (11th Cir. 2000)

ftp.resource.org...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I stand corrected. Thank you (in a twisted way)
Seems like we're only allowed to breath-freely. That's all. But gawd help ya if you need an oxygen tank!

But I remember reading about this years ago. I'm sure it'll be law one day because this world is all about control for profit. That's all that matters. Money!

Man, this would be a wonderful place if there was no value system. Free everything. Back to nature for everything.

-sigh- Maybe in my next incarnation.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Anything in such a large dose will cause issues, ANYTHING. If you mega dose nearly any vitamin at this level you are asking for trouble.

That's not true, you can take extreme doses of most vitamins without any problems whatsoever, plus the magical herb can be consumed in high doses with no problems whatsoever

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I'm sure it'll be law one day...

Legislation is not law, merely evidence of law. If it is law, that legislation is protecting the rights of individuals, if the legislation is not doing that then it is merely legislation not rooted in law.

In terms of the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals absurd declaration, their legal reasoning is not only in error, it is criminal. The Ninth Amendment and virtually every state Constitution expressly prohibit government from denying and/or disparaging a persons right just because it isn't enumerated. The 11th Circuit criminally ignored this in order to reach their determination.

The Ninth Amendment also applies to the manufacturing, sale, purchasing, and consumption of vitamins and herbs.

Food for thought...supplemental vitamins for the intellect.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

FDA's actual position:

FDA's guidance documents, including this guidance, do not establish legally enforceable responsibilities. Instead, guidances describe the Agency's current thinking on a topic and should be viewed only as recommendations, unless specific regulatory or statutory requirements are cited. The use of the word should in Agency guidances means that something is suggested or recommended, but not required.

Source

Feel free to quote the part where the FDA bans all suppliments and tries to take over the world.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

DR MERCOLA is one of the best

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
After watching this vid, It seems like the only medicine that will cure these corrupted people of their personal debasement, are bullets of compassion.

It would be nice if the political parties represented what they once did, and could turn all of these things around.. but sadly, they keep on caving in the the corporations, plus most of the politicians are also on the take.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTripps

DR MERCOLA is one of the best

On his site there is a last of things you can do to fight back. articles.mercola.com... _art_3

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The SAME Federal Government who allows Pharmaceuticals to sell PLACEBO drugs to you instead of real medicine.

Why do they do it? PROFITS. Some goes to the doctors pockets...some goes to Congressmens pockets.

Now they both are "suffering"...and want to add supplements to Big Pharma....so they can sell you PLACEBO's and pocket the profits.

Google "Placebo Oxycontin"......giving cancer patients placebo narcotics.....now that was just pure evil and inhumane.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join