It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Evolutionist's

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by wmd_2008

The fool has said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that does good. - Psalm 14:1

Quotes from the story book written by WHO yes MAN the real GOD!!!

In order for it to be a story book, wouldn't it have to be a fictional tale?

You are of course aware that there are more extant texts for the Bible than for any other book written in the history of mankind? That the Bible is more historically verifiable than any other text? Again, you really need to do your research before calling the Bible a story book and their by condemning yourself to Judgement in the process.
edit on 16-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

reply to post by PerfectAnomoly

I don't need luck i am not afraid of being martyred for my belief in Jesus as being the son of God.

The Bible said we would be persecuted in the last days.

It's expected.

You're not being persecuted... you're being ridiculed..... there is a significant difference. Unfortunately you are blinded by your own arrogance and your blinkered view of life.

PA

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
O gosh I will be looking forward to the epic pit of fire and brimstone that OP's god has prepared for me.
I'm pretty sure god is trolling us massively because he made three religions and ordered them all to kill each other

Also he put all this fossils in the ground, hided the Ark and killed more people than Hitler, Stalin and Mao and all other dictators together.
This must be the most funny guy that has ever existed (or hasn't).

edit on 16-9-2011 by martiendejong because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Chrysalis

Not ever do you see a plant growing legs and becoming an animal, so how can evilution be true?

We have a winner right here folks! Plants don't grow legs, therefore "evil"ution isn't real! Let's all pack up and go home because, well, i guess us evolutionists were wrong after all.

But seriously where is your attempt in this thread to do anything other than troll? Does your backside hurt? I don't really want to be rude but as long as I'm alive I might as well look towards the voice of reason and accept what actually exists as opposed to what some fantastic writer of fiction would like to believe.

Warning: OP is a massive troll... otherwise I have lost my belief that humanity is worthy and I will proceed to plug my brain full of lead. Do you hear me, OP? I will kill myself because of your ignorance. My death lies on your shoulders.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Dystopiaphiliac because: AHHHH!

link   

Originally posted by topherman420

reply to post by Akasirus

God and science can coexist

For sure... But Evil-lution is not science im afraid.

Just the way you type it "evil-lution" shows how much you are actually wanting to share truth and debate your point to try and prove it. You don't care about proof or evidence its all about being righteous and the last word for you. No matter how much you scream that it isn't science it actually uses alot of different sciences to test out the theory. That is part of the scientific method....peer review, and this peer review would be through many fields not just one like genetics.

You admitted one true thing (in an earler post) finally, about science and its willingness to change with new evidence. Where as your belief will not budge for anything no matter what is thrown at you, and yet you still feel that science is a dogma and everyone else is being brainwashed.

After the countless time's ive been attacked and my faith has been scoffed at i will have my fun by saying Evil-lution instead of evolution without any shame. Of course the very nature of Evil-lution is evil since nearly all the great genocides were performed by secularist dictators of the modern world. What the catholic cult did in the Spanish inquisition never even came close to the amount of people killed by Hitler, Pol Pot and Stalin to name a few. I very much care about evidence but so far the Evo-Heads haven't been able to provide one slice of observable evidence to demonstrate evolution taking place. My belief does not budge because the ultimate truth does not change, it is infallible unlike your pseudo-science that changes every year and come's out with another article claiming to have proven evil-lution but when in reality you never even come close. Evilution is a wild goose chase and one of the greatest lies of the 20th century. The devil will be proud at all the souls he's stolen due to people being duped by your faith based religion of evilution with Dawkins being the messiah you worship.

link   
Just curious but I was watching this video on the youtube channel you link to in your signature.

Is this your own youtube channel or are you just linking to someone elses channel?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

My signature should link you to a video playlist not an individual video.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
What exactly do you consider science?

What is acceptable evidence?

edit on 16-9-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

And again you preach and disregard everything ever wrote on the topic as not scientific in any way. What piece of evidence do you want? A fish evolving before your eyes? Do you even understand everything about evolution to start dissecting it so easily and dismissing it as nonsense and make believe? I highly doubt that.

The theory and the scienceS (emphasis on the S because its not its own field its based off many, evolution is not a science on its own) behind evolution were not the driving force of hateful men. The hitler excuse is so overused and since it had nothing to do with evolution (humans are still one species, blonde haired blue eyed germans are not their own species, neither are jews, gypsies or gays) its not valid.

Sounds like you are wanting your own church, which ATS definitely is not.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Try clicking the link in my signature again.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

Observable evidence of one species or (Kind) morphing into another species or (Kind).

Something like this will suffice:

Preferably video footage.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Yes I got that video from the playlist

No need for me to click it again. It worked right the first time.

Read my post again... I said youtube channel

channel = playlist

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I can bet if you watched those video's sincerely you would no longer be an evolutionist.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
You don't seem to understand evolution but this should answer all of your questions.

Misconceptions about evolution

This part seems to fit this thread.

Evolution is not science because it is not observable or testable. This misconception encompasses two incorrect ideas: (1) that all science depends on controlled laboratory experiments, and (2) that evolution cannot be studied with such experiments. First, many scientific investigations do not involve experiments or direct observation. Astronomers cannot hold stars in their hands and geologists cannot go back in time, but both scientists can learn a great deal about the universe through observation and comparison. In the same way, evolutionary biologists can test their ideas about the history of life on Earth by making observations in the real world. Second, though we can't run an experiment that will tell us how the dinosaur lineage radiated, we can study many aspects of evolution with controlled experiments in a laboratory setting. In organisms with short generation times (e.g., bacteria or fruit flies), we can actually observe evolution in action over the course of an experiment. And in some cases, biologists have observed evolution occurring in the wild

The theory of evolution is flawed, but scientists won't admit it. Scientists have studied the supposed "flaws" that anti-evolution groups claim exist in evolutionary theory and have found no support for these claims. These "flaws" are based on misunderstandings of evolutionary theory or misrepresentations of the evidence. As scientists gather new evidence and as new perspectives emerge, evolutionary theory continues to be refined, but that doesn't mean that the theory is flawed. Science is a competitive endeavor, and scientists would be eager to study and correct "flaws" in evolutionary theory if they existed.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

what would make you believe in evolution over creation? What evidence would you need? It seems there is no evidence that will satisfy you. At least if I had scientific evidence for God and creation I would be able to change my view on religion and creation, it seems you will always be stuck in your paradigm no matter what evidence is presented.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

There we go.....you have shown how little you know the subject to begin with. I guess telling you to wait long enough or get a degree in a few fields of science so you can test it out wouldn't help. I found an article of active science going on continuing the study of evolution, though you probably will dismiss it with all the other pieces of info posted in this thread.

Evolution Caught in the Act

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

ohhhh, so you are joking

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

TextSo there's nothing actually observable? We have to just believe that one fossil became another without seeing it happen? I know its supposed to take "millions and millions of years" but if that's the case wouldn't we see animals even today evolving and becoming a knew kind? How come we never see this? I think it takes alot of faith to believe one animal genus became another with no one ever seeing it happen.

animals do evolve and can be observable. an example is the trend in elephants to be born without tusks or very small tusks, because all the ones carrying the large tusk gene were killed for there ivory.

i hate these arguments, science doesnt clain to know everything, it just makes a best guess with the facts it collects. this is always changeing incorperating new ideas, evolving if you like. Religion would do good to do the same once in a while. Why go out of your way to try and convert people who think differently than you. you have your beliefs let others have theres, im talking of science here to.
I mean what is the point in this question anyway other than to stur people up ? 'im right your wrong nah nah nah nah naaaah na'
. science might be wrong , religion also might be wrong, more people realised that fact the world would be abetter place!

edit on 16-9-2011 by luka1222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

No amount of scientific or historic or archalogical or testimonial evidence will satisfy you.

You know there is a God you just choose to deny his existence so you can live an immoral life style.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akasirus

reply to post by Hydroman

DNA records and fossil records are NOT Repeatable, Observable, Testable....... scientific analysis of evolution.

What you are doing is the very definition of ignorance. You refuse to accept that there is even the possibility of evolution, despite the fact there is nothing that has disproven it.

How can i disprove something that's never been proven?

Quite easily, actually. To disprove something is not to unprove it. To 'prove' something is to show it to be evidenced as truth, while to 'disprove' something is to show it to be evidenced as false. There is no prerequisite something be true in order to show it to be false. I can disprove that bricks will levitate when dropped out a window, despite the fact that it was never proven to be true. In fact, you actually can't disprove things that are proven, because if it is disproven it was never truth or fact to begin with (and hence never really proved).

But sure, go ahead and skirt around the issue by trying to argue semantics (and poorly at that), instead of addressing the real point; which, in case you forgot, was how can you so conclusively state something as false when it has not been ruled out? To someone with an open mind everything has to exist as a possibility, however remote, until its been empirically disproven. The fact that you aren't even giving evolution that much credence shows how closed you were to this issue before this thread ever begun.

If this discussion were not about evolution, but about something more benign that didn't conflict with your religious beliefs, though with the same amount of supporting evidence on each side, would you still emphatically deny it? I suspect not, and you are doing yourself a great disservice by not exploring the issue with an open mind and finding the truth. Your beliefs become stronger through challenging them, not by blindly accepting them.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join