It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombshell: Emails Reveal Direct White House Tie to Solyndra Scandal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i love this

obama signed the deal but its all bushes fault

bushs fault for the world economy

Actually Pres. Bush is as responsible for crashing the world economy as Pres. Obama is for sinking this solar cell manufacturer in CA.

You can insert GOP n Democrats and the above is still true.

The lies are in the way in which that responsibility is assigned and to what to degree,

The ironic truth is that the same Comittee members that reviewed the loan under Pres. Bush were the same that finally approved it when it had met the requirements. They weren't political appointees....

But that truth doesn't play into an idealogical or partisan narrative of BS.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Sure you can. That is precisely what China is doing. Why? Because they are looking and so far have been successful in cornering the market. Once the US solar industry is entirely decimated (which the GOP are apparently looking to make sure happens) everyone on the planet will be forced to buy from China.

This is a big win for China...not just Solyndra's failure, but the way the GOP is making sure the whole industry takes a beating. Of course it is a big win for Oil Companies and the Koch Brothers etc. A chance to beat a competing industry to death because of one companies failure.

Yea the Chinese are sure going corner the market on solar energy. Pretty soon the Chinese will buy out the sun.

Oh noes the Chinese will beat us on making super duper solar panels. Lucky for them we can't steal technology that they spent billions on and tariff the hell out of them to create American solar jobs......rite??

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Your flimsy efforts to hide the shame all betrayed Obama follwers must feel are understandable, though lamentable in that they prove just how many will hang on to empty promises and false hope in the face of undeniable contradiction.

1st. the $$ amount of Kaiser's investment isn't important, it's the pay-off that matters. Kaiser "baby-sat" this project in the WH! He was protecting his investments in both Solyndra and the POTUS.

All investors look for the greatest return from the least risk. He saw this give-away for what it was: no risk to guarantee beneficiaries who were "jumped" to the front of the line upon liquidation, over the bargained-for (wink, wink) priority the US taxpayers were otherwise entitled to.

He essentially risked NOTHING, and would reap unlimited returns if it were able to get more US funding to keep it afloat.

2nd. Bush's DoE rejected the app as "premature," yet the Obama greenhouse gang of Van Jones, Henry Chu, et al green-lighted it all the way despite the underwiters (Price Waterhouse) saying the plan couldn't work, and with scarcely any more time for review (or manipulation). Nothing changed between 1/19/09 and 3/1//09 except who called the shots from the top.

When will the sycophants EVER fix the blame where it belongs?

3rd. None of the blind-faith followers can ever support the hype of Obama's intelligence with facts when his peformance makes his incompetence undeniably clear. He is manipulator, not a "scholar." He is a schemer, not a "leader."

Intelligent? Show me his grades from Occidental, from Columbia, from Harvard.

Scholar? Show me the article he submitted for publication for his "write-on" to the law review. Show me the articles he edited, nurtured and published as editor in chief. Show me the papers or the reserach he published while he was a "constitutional law professor."

Leader? Show me the legislation he sponsored and pushed through the Illinois legislature. Where's the Obama Act or Obama Doctrine? Where are his submissions to the Congressional Record from the US Senate? Where are the laws and policies he fought for as a senator?

Grasping at straws will never change the facts. They will make evident your desperation.

jw
edit on 16-9-2011 by jdub297 because: sp

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

yep its all bushes fault for greece and the eurozone didnt have to do anything with the people that live there

its all bushes fault.

its still all bushs fault for the creation of fanny and freddy and regulation and social security and medicare and medicaid and the federal reserve for the destruction of trillions of tax reveunue and wealth creation in this country and the rest of the world.

partisan is disregarding this country and the rest of the worlds lust and greed for "Free crap" than has led to its crashing if you aint got the cash you cant be prosperous.

the simple fact here is if you aint got the money the current state of the world exists and if your sitting there telling me thats bushes fault the reality speaks different.

i do agree there is some partisan bs in this thread but the source i would say isnt me.

edit on 16-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus

Yea the Chinese are sure going corner the market on solar energy. Pretty soon the Chinese will buy out the sun.

Pretty much...

China Benefits as U.S. Solar Industry Withers

HONG KONG — The bankruptcies of three American solar power companies in the last month, including Solyndra of California on Wednesday, have left China’s industry with a dominant sales position — almost three-fifths of the world’s production capacity — and rapidly declining costs.

Loans at very low rates from state-owned banks in Beijing, cheap or free land from local and provincial governments across China, huge economies of scale and other cost advantages have transformed China from a minor player in the solar power industry just a few years ago into the main producer of an increasingly competitive source of electricity

www.nytimes.com...

Originally posted by Vikus
Oh noes the Chinese will beat us on making super duper solar panels. Lucky for them we can't steal technology that they spent billions on and tariff the hell out of them to create American solar jobs......rite??

In fact, global solar panel shipment in the second quarter of 2010 is up 92% from a year ago, according to a report released by IMS Research Monday.

www.dailyfinance.com...

A 92% increase in revenues? During a global recession????

Yah, let's just let China have that new market.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

yep its all bushes fault for greece and the eurozone didnt have to do anything with the people that live there

I didn't say it was all Bushs fault...I said

Actually Pres. Bush is as responsible for crashing the world economy as Pres. Obama is for sinking this solar cell manufacturer in CA.

Pres. Bush had as much control over Greece and the Eurozone as Pres. Obama had over China subsidizing the crap out of their solar manufacturers and driving the rest of the world out of business.

My original statement above still holds.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

My original statement above still holds.

like a wet paper bag

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The truth is both the Republicans and Democrats have no freaking clue how to fix things, well - let me rephase that, they have no INTENTION of fixing things for the better.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Obama Adminstration = Solyndra
The last GOP President = The world economy.

Nuff said.

You can't take back what you explicitly said.

And obviously can't defend.

Your partisan advocacy blinds you.

jw

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Obama Adminstration = Solyndra
The last GOP President = The world economy.

Nuff said.

You can't take back what you explicitly said.

No need to. As much a case can be made that Pres. Bush and his policies and deregulation of Wall Street crashed the world economy can be made that Pres. Obama caused the failure of Solyndra or improperly vetted the loan.

Accepting either as equally valid...I would say that the last Republican President had a great deal more to answer for.

No inconsistancy in my statements....just a little desperate logical gymnastics on your part.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I have a question for the Obama supporters.
Why is it that the so called "most intelligent man to ever be President" was not even smart enough to realize what the so called "most dumbest man to ever be President" knew immediately,that this green company was doomed to fail?

I have a question for Obama haters...

Must you always lie when Attacking the President?

The Bush Administration tried desperately to fast-track this loan.

Geez almighty, since when is asking an honest question considered lying?
What I am pointing out is fact because all we were told about Bush was that he was an idiot, and all we've been falsely led to believe about Obama was that he is the most intelligent man to ever become a US President.
What a bunch of freakin' crock, and shame on you for getting hoodwinked and bamboozled.
Hell, he won't even show you his college transcripts yet you blindly follow an incompetent, narcissistic twit.

Btw, you didn't answer my original question.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Yessssssss!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Geez almighty, since when is asking an honest question considered lying?

You claimed Pres. Bush....

the so called "most dumbest man to ever be President" knew immediately,that this green company was doomed to fail

That is utter BS since everyone agrees that the Bush administration tried to fast-track and pass this loan a week before Pres. Obama took office.

What I am pointing out is fact because all we were told about Bush was that he was an idiot, and all we've been falsely led to believe about Obama was that he is the most intelligent man to ever become a US President.
What a bunch of freakin' crock, and shame on you for getting hoodwinked and bamboozled.
Hell, he won't even show you his college transcripts yet you blindly follow an incompetent, narcissistic twit.

The above is just a ramble of nonsensical drival assuming I think GW was "the dumbest" Potus ever or that Pres. Obama is the "most intelligent" man to become Potus.

And that somehow I have been "hoodwinked and bamboozled".

That is you knowingly creating a false characterization of me not demonstrated in my posts ...baiting? Straw man, derailing...the objective arguments that I have made are difficult to debate....so dishonesty seems a viable option to you.

like the fact I pointed out above....that you lied in claiming that the Bush adminstration "knew immediately,that this green company was doomed to fail?" when in fact the precise opposite is what the facts show.

Btw, you didn't answer my original question.

Sure I did. Twice now. Try reading the posts rather than fictionalizing the discussion.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

That is utter BS since everyone agrees that the Bush administration tried to fast-track and pass this loan a week before Pres. Obama took office.
I have opted out of agreeing, thereby negating your premise that everyone agrees.

I think I might have heard someone else say that they did not agree.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Indigo5

I have opted out of agreeing, thereby negating your premise that everyone agrees.

I think I might have heard someone else say that they did not agree.

Well then you unsuprisingly "disagree" with the facts...Otherwise known as being full of crap.

Conclusions from the recent GOP led Congressional hearings..

Solyndra first applied for a DOE loan application in December 2006, in response to an August 2006 solicitation.

In August 2007, a technical review of the application was complete; staff from the Loan Programs Office informed Committee staff that Solyndra’s application scored 88 out of 100.

Two months later, in October 2007, DOE invited 16 applicants from the 143 that responded to the August 2006 solicitation to submit a full application. Solyndra submitted that application in May 2008, and it was deemed complete in August 2008.

Now look what happens here

Once the application was deemed complete, formal due diligence of the Solyndra application began, beginning with the independent engineer’s review. Emails exchanged between DOE staff in early December 2008 show that Solyndra was one of a handful of projects that was slated to be presented to a Credit Review Board by January 15, 2009.

But that date was after Pres. Obama took office. So what did the Bush DOE do? Bump it up without due dilligence to be considered before Pres. Bush left office

These emails also show that DOE staff did not believe that an independent market analysis would be complete by that time, but that the Loan Programs Office would use “off the shelf” analyses to inform its review of the market for Solyndra’s panels. The final draft of the independent engineer’s report was submitted on January 5, 2009.

January 9th 2009 the DOE Credit Committee Recommendation - "recommendation for approval premature"

Again...this is a report by a GOP investigation...The Bush Admin rushed this before the commitiee before formal due dilligence in hopes of getting the loan approved before Pres. Obama took office.

The Bush adminstration solicited Solyndra to apply for the loan.

They approved it all the way up the line, even cutting corners toward the end to try and approve the loan days before Pres. Obama took office.

The Bush admin ASKED Solyndra to apply, they ranked the loan at 88 of 100!

energycommerce.house.gov...

Claim whatever you like, but the facts are clear.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Otherwise known as being full of crap.
reply to post by Indigo5

Not completely full, I've been on a fairly strict diet lately.

As puffy as you seem to be, I would wonder what you are full of.

I read the story from Congress(Committee on Energy and Commerce) in your link. You should read it too. The loan was made during the Obama administration. "The OMB felt pressure to complete it's review ahead of the September 4 event." That was the date of the groundbreaking at Solyndra. It tells of the pressure that the White house put on to push the deal through, rushing the DOE and OMB and pressuring them to approve a better deal than they intended to recommend. This was the Obama Administration doing this, not George Bush.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I read the story from Congress(Committee on Energy and Commerce) in your link. You should read it too. The loan was made during the Obama administration.

So what? That wasn't the lie I was refuting.

The lie I was refuting was the false claim that the Bush Administration recognized Solyndra as a bad bet when in fact they fast tracked it and pushed to get this loan through before Pres. Obama took office.

What you have done is simply refute a claim I never made

...since I thoroughly debunked the claim that the Bush Administration recognized Solyndra weaknesses.

The Bush Administration asked Solyndra to apply.

The Bush administration ranked the loan at 88 of 100.

The Bush administration skipped due diligence and put it before the commitee a week early than scheduled to try and approve the loan before the administrations changed.

And the loan wasn't turned down for lack of merit. The committee just decided it would not be bullied by the Bush administration into approving a loan that had not completed due diligence. I suspect they figured they had less to fear with Pres. Bush out of a job in less than a week from that time.

Just facts..for anyone that is concerned with them.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Anyone surpirised by this should really stop drinking the Kool-aid. The evidence has been more than clear for many decades that our politicians are in bed with the bankers and big corporations. Obama is either just to damn arrogant or to plain stupid to cover his tracks as good as most.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

To anyone concerned about what is happening in the current administration, read that committee report that you linked to.

It is painfully obvious what you are trying to do. You are trying to deflect the problems of the current administration on to the former one.

Bush didn't do it, President Obama did.

As much as you Hope, it isn't going to Change.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Business as usual.

Considering the amount of money the obama administration gave away, I predict the man will be effin' rich by the time he complete his second term. Because let's be honest, theres no other candidates that can match this level of corruption to buy an election.

I'm sorry for being so delusional but prove me wrong.. in 012.
I'm convinced that only a few dozens will actually remember Solyndras case when election day arrive.
So my advice, if you want to prove me wrong is, REMEMBER.
edit on 20-9-2011 by eagleeye2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join