It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What could this be? Please read

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman
This is what always happens to me right before an out-of-body-experience. Also happens when I return from it, except the return is downright loud.

If you're doing this without trying, you may find you're a natural at what others struggle to accomplish. Scared the hair right off my head the first time I became aware of it happening because it was so disorienting and loud.

Don't discount others' advice on the neurological route - research what you can't afford.

However, in my experience, I found OOBE research to answer my questions. I'm actually surprised this wasn't already suggested. And no, I'm not an expert flier - it's pretty fudging scary to me still. I still get up and walk away when it begins as I fall asleep, and it's been happening every few months for 7 or 8 years. It's most likely to happen after a really relaxing yoga session. So yeah, not so much yoga anymore.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss.

Wow! Thats very intriging! This is exactly the type of answer I was looking for! I'll PM you when I get home. And I'm giving your answer a star! This is what it has felt like to me also...very very loud. My instincts were telling me something supernatural was taking place, but most people are so close minded about stuff like this. Thank you my friend.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
double post, please remove....sorry. please and thank you
edit on 03/27/2010 by sirhc0329 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sirhc0329

I'm not sure what happened to you and hopefully it's not neurological in anyway.I had a similar thing happen to me, again it was in the middle of wake/sleep stage,a loud crack or popping sound and someone called my name in my ear(last year).This kind of thing never happened to me before and never heard of such a thing from anyone,it has occurred a few time since without the voice.Whatever this is it's happening to many people there are a few threads about it here on ATS.I can't help but think that this is something paranormal and not neurological what? I don't know.
I see your getting the medical explanations,I don't buy it.What these people don't understand is the high strangeness of the experience.I'm a healthy in body and mind and this made me sit up and take notice...

edit on 14-9-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

I'm not sure what happened to you and hopefully it's not neurological in anyway.

Nothing out of the ordinary happened to me. No accidents, or blunt force trauma, anything like that..

Whatever this is it's happening to many people there are a few threads about it here on ATS.I can't help but think that this is something paranormal and not neurological what? I don't know.

That has been my gut feeling the whole time, that it was paranormal. Maybe subconsciously, those beliefs kept me from even attempting a doctor visit. Let alone the financial in-ability. Anyway, I didn't realize there were other threads about this topic. This interests me a great deal, I wish there was a way to get ALL of the people that this has happened to, together, in this thread. Maybe then we could have a good, informative discussion about the matter at hand.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

There are quite a few that has experienced this and do agree that this is other than medical.Of course we have the die hard skeptics as well. I've gone as far as to e-mail people more familiar with this and haven't got a sound answer.The odd part for me was when this occurred I was reading about the pineal gland at the time(the exact time it happened)fell half asleep/wake. There is a direct correlation of the two,why this seems to be happening spontaneously,I don't know.It is a lot of information to take in but I suggest that you research the 'pineal gland' its a really fascinating subject.It also explains why people that have had sever head trauma become psychic or experience paranormal abilities when they heal.To be honest this isn't something I would have given a second thought if it didn't happen to me,good luck and let me know what you think.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

ignore the epilepsy and seizure diagnoses, they're wrong/fear-mongering

what you experienced was a partial astral projection, the brilliant flash was your 3rd eye opening, it's been closed for most of your life and it will take time and practice for you to see with it.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Hey there, interesting read. I have noticed there are quite a few sleep paralysis threads on ATS that you can find if you type sleep paralysis in the search field. I will wager more than a few people have similar experiences. I know when my hubby is on the verge of sleep his legs twitch and sometimes his whole body jumps as if he has been shocked. It's quite common, annoying but common.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join