It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool football (soccer) player tweets about 9/11

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Why is it that the masses "logic" must be right, and therefore every other logic unimaginable?

Because this is a key step toward maneuvering people into self-censorship mode. What do you think all this politically correct garbage which started a couple of decades ago is all about? It creates social pressure on people to shut their traps...basically conditioning them to give up their freedom of speech voluntarily, although unwittingly.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hypernova86
Tom Werner is one of the chairman.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Unpopular amongst supporters of the club I believe, but every club wants Arab or Saudi owners now. Wonder why?
edit on 14-9-2011 by Hypernova86 because: whoops again

Ooh, me, I know, I know! Because they throw money around like it's confetti?

I'm sure you know that too, I'm just casting some light on the situation for those who don't follow football/soccer -- or in other words, most citizens of the US, because I'm aware that I'm an outlier and most of my fellow countrymen don't sometimes take days off just to listen to games on 5 Live Sport.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

But can you count being brainwashed by propaganda and mishandled news events as the masses having an "ability" to simultaneously understand the truth?

People have been fed lies and dumbed down to accept the official line instead of thinking for themselves in my opinion.

The are a lot of facts about 9/11 which contradict the official story, and yet the masses are still convinced or too lazy to find it out.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

But from 2013 a clubs transfer fees cannot exceed a certain percentage of their turnover. I think Fifa will do something to stop expensive stadium naming rights contracts as well. Part of me was playing to the book of revelations, ;D

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hypernova86

But can you count being brainwashed by propaganda and mishandled news events as the masses having an "ability" to simultaneously understand the truth?

Sorry, not buying the old "everyone is brainwashed". People think, people have acces to a great variety of sources of information.

People have been fed lies and dumbed down to accept the official line instead of thinking for themselves in my opinion.

Proof? Have you been "dumbed down"? What makes you so special? You think you're smarter than everyone else? Have access to "special" information?

The are a lot of facts about 9/11 which contradict the official story, and yet the masses are still convinced or too lazy to find it out.

Or maybe what you think are contradcitory "facts" are someone else's lies and propoganda that you have fallen victim to. Think about it.

signature:

Hypernova86

Member was on ATS
8 minutes ago.

P 50 F 3 S 65
W 0.5 K 21member

go to profileadd as friendmake rivalview postsview threadsposts in threadsend messageALERT!

posted on 14-9-2011 @ 12:57 PM this post reply to post by sepermeru

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But from 2013 a clubs transfer fees cannot exceed a certain percentage of their turnover. I think Fifa will do something to stop expensive stadium naming rights contracts as well. Part of me was playing to the book of revelations, ;D

signature:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

I agree.

Perhaps he said it as a private individual, on his private Twitter account - not as a footballer on a professional account.

That's how politicians get away with it.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Do you live in the States ?

If you do, check what chemicals are in your tap water including fluoride.

Check out the aspartame in your Coke.

The fluoride in your toothpaste.

The mercury in your fillings.

On by the way, congratulations - you're improving, only three spelling mistakes in your post.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Alpha20mega because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

I'm not insinuating that I have the truth and I'm not trying to "sell" anything. I'm giving my opinion. And to "play to" a theory isn't necessarily believing in it.

Why so desperate to contradict me? I didn't force opinion on you, only stated it as part of a discussion about a footballer being investigated for tweeting about 9/11 conspiracy and the illuminati.

Another thread, another time perhaps.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

Same thing happened to Rashard Mendenhal of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Don't say anything that would make your employer angry...even I know that of my employers...

CJ

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha20mega

Do you live in the States ?

The United States of America, yes, why?

If you do, check what chemicals are in your tap water including fluoride.

Why? Think I'm being brainwashed by flouride?

Check out the aspartame in your Coke.

Why?

The fluoride in your toothpaste.

What about it?

The mercury in your fillings.

Had those replaced.

On by the way, congratulations - you're improving, only three spelling mistakes in your post.

Oh, I am so happy you think I am improving - it does mean so very, very much to me.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
All I have to say with regards to his tweets. Is Well done. He is much as entitled as the rest of us to express his opinions openly, As he posted on his tweeter account.

If you do not like my views or opinions then unfollow me

He has as much right as anyone else in this world to have say. If they stop this then it is censorship.

Well, here in the states it isn't. Private corporations and the first amendment have a hard time mixing. You DO NOT have the right to say and do as you feel. The corp has rules regulating this - if you badmouth your company, expect to be fired. You can't say, "well I have freedom of speach" You DONT. If you say or do things they said not to, regardless of how dumb the rules are, you will be "investigated". It is just how it is, right or wrong.

CJ

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Well tough he does not and nor do I live in the USA. He is entitled to his views since he lives in a democracy. Or are the UK and USA a democracy nowadays or is it Authoritarian . While our Government's go and criticise other countries for doing the exact same thing. We on the international stage have no morale authority, unless we use bombs or missiles nowadays to say what goes on in this world now.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Hey, wow, I was responding to your post from the perspective here in the US - and no, you DONT have that RIGHT here. You never have had that right. I wonder when people speak of these things if they have any clue about the constitution. Free speach, again, does not mean you get to say what you want with no consequences. If I were a worker in a little cubicle and I put up religious materials on my desk, I will be asked to take them down or be fired. I can say anything I want -but I will get fired. Your right to say anything anytime exists - go for it - but the 1st amendment does NOT protect you at your job. I mean, you can say, "Hey Boss, I'm just being honest, I hate you." that's fine and dandy -you will be fired though, so explain how free speach works in corporations again? Thanks.

CJ
edit on 15-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal

Why is it that the masses "logic" must be right, and therefore every other logic unimaginable?

Because this is a key step toward maneuvering people into self-censorship mode. What do you think all this politically correct garbage which started a couple of decades ago is all about? It creates social pressure on people to shut their traps...basically conditioning them to give up their freedom of speech voluntarily, although unwittingly.

Discrimination and marginalizing minorities was a real thing, not everywhere, but it happened. While I do not think gay people are entitled to marriage by default (although it is certainly debatable) I do not think they should feel as if on a minefield all the time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join