It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET Contact described in Tibetan/Sankrit Text, Anyone familiar with this language?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Does anyone of you how to translate an old Tibetan text? I was doing some research on the rocket-engineer Hermann Oberth and found out there is a museum in Germany that carries his name. In this museum there is a gift from Heinrich Harrer (writer of the book/movie 7 Years in Tibet), a Tibetan text in which Tibetans claim contact with Extra-Terrestrial life.
Here is the text:
Link

edit on 14-9-2011 by Regenstorm because: fixed link

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I have heard of this and from what i remember this has been translated.. im going to look for a link for you now.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The museum itself is located in a suburb of Nürnberg, Bavaria. as far as its trackable online the text is still there and put on display. However, there is no source online that provides a direct translation of the text. There are several articles that refer to it or pretend to quote it, but there is no direct credited translation, at least none I could find...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Isn't it odd that they would display this text, yet not have a translation of it available?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

I didn't say there is none, I just said you can't find it online. If you're really interessted I guess you could give the people at the museum a call. I'm pretty sure they have one available.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It is Uchen the language I mean in case you want to know

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The First Dalai Lama did come down from the clouds you know?

Enjoy: All You Need to Understand/Translate Tibetan

Have Fun

Om Mani Padme Hum

Elf

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The Tibetans believe that the Kāraṇḍavyūha Sūtra, which extols the virtues of the Bodhisattva Avalokiteśvara materialized in a casket from the sky during the 7th century CE. Nothing to see here, move along.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

here is a link to the tibetan text , looks as if its the same used in that frame

text

but you have to know which side to read from , left or right ?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

The text in the photo contains no Sanskrit, only Tibetan. It also doesn't mention E.T's either. The subject of the text is Lord Shenrab Miwo, the founder of the Tibetan (pre-Buddhist) Bon religion, who was originally from "Tazig" or Iraq/Iran/Mesopotamia, and is said to have been born on this earth something like 24,000 years ago. It's possible the text mentions beings from the heavens later on -- here the King (presumably the Tibetan king) is asking whether and how to invite Lord Shenrab (to Tibet, presumably, thought it doesn't say). All the ancient Tibetan kings are supposed to have been descended from the Gods (i.e., human-deva hybrids of some sort), and to have left earth via a Mutak or "Mu-cord" of light.(As in, "beam me up Scotty", or a scene from "Taken". )

Basically all Tibetans -- Buddhists and followers of Bon Religion, which are similar in all fundamental points of doctrine such as karma, rebirth, enlightenment, and other realms of existence--believe in 'devas' or gods, as well as many other realms of non-human (inc. extra-terrestrial) beings. So it would not be remarkable if any Tibetan text were to mention beings from the sky, from "planets", or from other universes. In fact,a Tibetan history (such as this) or any important Buddhist or Bon scripture usually refers to such and such beings, at least in passing.

Incidentally UFO's are/were common in Tibet but are not necessarily thought to be extraterrestrial in origin (though some, the saucer-shaped lights called "gza'" or "planets", are understood that way implicitly, judging from the name). The definitive book on such things is "Oracles and Demons in TIbet", by Renee de Nebesky-Wojkowitz, a hefty 666 (!) page tome, still in print.

Namdru

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Namdru

Interesting first and only post.
Do you have a source or reference to back it up?

new topics

top topics

join