It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was A Deluded 9/11 Truther

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I couldn’t understand the phenomenon of violent Islamic extremism. I thought it was possible that even if the official story happened just as we are told it happened it was still impossible for Al’Qa’ida to be responsible. One day I was offered to undertake a few extra modules on the history of terrorism at university, there I discovered that there was a much deeper ideological and theological undertone the violent Islamic extremism. I began to understand the nature of the threat, I began to accept that it was not only possible but inevitable that individuals who followed the dogma of violent Islamic extremism would eventually succeed in a massive terrorist attack against the west. I became so fascinated by violent Islamic extremism I decided to read up more on it and terrorism in general, that was a good few years ago and I have read so much about it that I now understand. I am no longer ignorant.

I would really like to see you start a thread on this subject.

If nothing else, it would be an excellent learning curve for a lot of the so called "learned" individuals who think that the whole Arab extremists hating the US is a new phenomena.

For the record, when the 911 attacks happened in the US, my wife and I happened to be watching the TV at the time. Knowing the prolonged disdain toward the US from the Middle East, the first thing I said when the news flash explained that the first tower had been hit by a plane was, "So they [Arab extremists] finally did it".

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Mods please check out when the use rnames were created. I will bet my whole wad that the originator and all of the posters re-affirming the story are either brand new, or u-names used previously by members who insist everyone with an opinion about anything that doesn't jive with with the official TV version is a nut.

TPTB know it is almost over, and hilarity ensues on ATS....
edit on 14-9-2011 by joerobo because: bad grammar

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

Well, I think you guys need to give the bible a rest for a while and check up on third grade physics for a change.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Did you also learn that it was Ben Laden-the terrorist within 15 minutes as well that was to blame for the twin towers, without any government detective skills being done? lol

I Suppose Russia was under every rock at your house or your fathers house back in the early50's, 60's, and 70's, when the Communist scare was running rampant

Whats next: Aliens, coming from the heavens to kill you-me, and our families, so be VERY AFRAID.

Keep watching that television, you need not: to learn your own bit of information about THE HUGE REALITY we live in

edit on 14-9-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by joerobo
Mods please check out when the use rnames were created. I will bet my whole wad that the originator and all of the posters re-affirming the story are either brand new, or u-names used previously by members who insist everyone with an opinion about anything that doesn't jive with with the official TV version is a nut.

joerobo Member Registered: 14-9-2011

Now that was funny...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
The "explosive traces" or "thermite" claim comes from non-chemist Steven E. Jones, who analyzed samples sent to him privately with no chain of custody.

False. Dr. Jones (and others) got some of their dust samples from the late Janette MacKinlay. You can read about her in my thread here:

9/11 survivor, truth activist, artist, grandmother, Janette MacKinlay, has passed away.

She was interviewed (as was Dr. Jones) for the latest Loose Change documentary: An American Coup.

Other independent researchers have also described where they got their independent samples of WTC dust from.

Originally posted by Mcupobob
Jones, a devout Mormon, also published "evidence" that Jesus visited American Indians

One's religious beliefs have no bearing in any scientific debate, nor do they have any business being anywhere near science. Discriminating against someone based on their religious beliefs is very telling of the source, and those that advertise the source.

It would also be a source that I wouldn't read or trust in the least to get any accurate information from.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Made me chuckle. I did think at first What a quiet audience then i realised there was no audience. The stand up style was a bit unnecessary, guess he thought his words would have more weight if he looked as though he ws giving a conference, but i don't think it worked poor bloke.

Anyway i have looked but might have missed it, did anyone mention how they thought explosives could have remained unaffected by the fires for so long?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Not sure if it was posted in here or not, but the video raises quite a good point.

Why did the thermite ignite after 7 hours of the building burning and not sooner?

Not saying I believe the official story, just saying that he brought up a good point.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by prolific

Thats what I have been asking too, i think thats a very valid question he raises. How did it remain unaffected by out of control fires, so that it could be detonated at the same time?

Hope some one can shed some light on this.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by galdur
reply to post by Segador

Well, I think you guys need to give the bible a rest for a while and check up on third grade physics for a change.

Thats it, I'm going to leave you animals to yourself.
You truthers are cultists who can't say a single damn thing others without being condescending pricks.
I made it clear that I don't believe the OS, you guys insist I do just because I don't agree with your behaviour when debating with people with different beliefs.

I just wish you didn't keep digging yourself into a deeper hole by proving these stereotypes right, you are incapable of having a debate without looking down on others.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Yeah, sure you were, ok...

You certainly get points for creativity.

Cass Sustein must be prou.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Did you also learn that it was Ben Laden-the terrorist within 15 minutes as well that was to blame for the twin towers, without any government detective skills being done? lol

I Suppose Russia was under every rock at your house or your fathers house back in the early50's, 60's, and 70's, when the Communist scare was running rampant

Whats next: Aliens, coming from the heavens to kill you-me, and our families, so be VERY AFRAID.

Keep watching that television, you need not: to learn your own bit of information about THE HUGE REALITY we live in

edit on 14-9-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

Actually, I had been studying world politics for nearly ten years prior to 911. The Arabs had been threatening the US for over thirty years prior to 911 because of their support of Israel and a complete lack of accountability for the way the Israelis used US made arms.

Fact = The rest of the world thinks the US of A is a joke.

Fact = The only people that don't realise this are US citizens.

Ironic fact = The 911 attacks were caused by the US government due to their foreign policy and lack of accountability.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

You people deny elementary laws of physics and thus have a purely faith-based opinion here.

I don´t see how pointing this out can be condescending in any way.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Lol, sorry but this thread is a joke. OP, are you seriously implying that the official story, which over half of the 9/11 commission report team over the years have publically discredited, is the truth? How can you seriously believe this? The official story is a conspiracy theory, so in reality, you're still a deluded conspiracy theorist.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Congrats on showing a couple of YouTube videos and creating a troll thread, OS vs Truthers, while bashing truthers.

People who think 9/11 is an inside are free to think so, and so are those who think it wasn't. At the end of the day it does not hurt anyone, maybe egos, but certainly has no effect on the poor souls who have lost their lives. Those poor souls will murdered by men of evil, that's what matters. To bring them up and say Truthers are hurting them and their families is a lie and it is those who use the dead to further their arguments that do the real damage.

There is nothing wrong with seeking truth and not accepting what you are told. Nothing wrong with doing research and discussing it with others. There are a lot of unanswered questions regarding 9/11, that is a fact. Accept it.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

The "explosive traces" or "thermite" claim comes from non-chemist Steven E. Jones.

I think that discredits him right there in terms of his scientific "expertise" on this subject.

Yes he's Mormon and no religion doesn't discredited him. The fact that he's willing to go against everything that science teaches us about geology, geography, and history, not to mention other religious text because the bible doesn't say Jesus was in America. Is Proofs that he is capable of bias and shoddy work.

Now -

picture the demolitions teams wiring up the World Trade Center towers with explosives prior to the attack. Obviously you couldn't do it during business hours, since it'd be kind of hard to explain to the 100,000 people who worked at or visited the WTC towers on any given day why you had a huge chunk of wall torn out and were wiring up a bomb on the steel beams there.

I mean, keep in mind, I don't know how big of a job that would be (no one has ever demolished a building that size before) but a building just half the size of one WTC tower took 4,000 separate charges to bring down. Four thousand.

That job took seven months of prep work... and they had the run of an abandoned building, without having to hide their work from 100,000 people every day. Our demolition crew, on the other hand, can work only at night and has to spend the last bit of every shift carefully repairing the wall and hiding any evidence of charges or detonators as not to be discovered during the day.

Huge teams of demolitions experts, who had no problem wiring a building full of innocent New Yorkers to explode, hired in secret, worked every night for what had to be a year (and that's only if they had a big enough crew) placing maybe 10,000 separate charges in each tower and another few thousand in WTC 7 (the smaller WTC tower that also collapsed, later in the day on 9/11).

And nobody notices.

That's right. That's the theory they're putting out there. 100,000 DVDs they've sold on this. (See sold? As in made money)

Truckloads of bombs, dozens of mysterious workers, going in and out of the building, night after night. Security at the building doesn't catch them, Port Authority Police don't catch them, random eyewitnesses who stumble across the operation and call the cops don't catch them, maintenance workers who stumble across wet paint and repaired walls and bits of strange wire don't catch them, security cameras don't catch them.

The bomb-sniffing dogs who were brought in from time to time (remember, these buildings were bombed by terrorists in 1993) who are trained to find even one bomb, fail to notice the 10,000 bombs lining their building.

EDIT: Also, how convenient that they came forward about were they got the sample after the person died.
edit on 9/14/2011 by Mcupobob because: Because because because

edit on 9/14/2011 by Mcupobob because: To clean it up a litte

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hey everyone, Donald Rumselds son is an ATS poster!

Trying to make us believe a building fell when nothing hit it....El Oh El
edit on 14-9-2011 by CoolStoryMan because: misquoted

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Here is a couple of questions for the truthers out there in cyberland.....

If the US government did plant explosives in WT1, WT2 & WT7.

Why did they wait so long to blow the charges?
Wouldn't the fire have been a problem for the explosives?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
"""Don't take our word on that: the engineers and the architects have studied this thing in extraordinary detail, and they can tell you precisely what caused the collapse of those buildings. What caused the collapse of the buildings, to summarize it, was that the super-heated jet fuel melted the steel super-structure of these buildings and caused their collapse. There's a powerful lot of evidence to sustain that point of view, including the pictures of the airplanes flying into the building.

Now, with regard to Building 7, we believe that it was the aftershocks of these two huge buildings in the very near vicinity collapsing. And in the Building 7 case, we think that it was a case of flames setting off a fuel container, which started the fire in Building 7, and that was our theory on Building 7.

Now we're not the experts on this, we talked to the engineers and the architects about this at some length, and that's the conclusion we reached."""

--- Lee Hamilton, co-chair of the 9/11 commission

www.911truth.org...

Also:

"""I don't believe for a minute that we got everything right. We wrote a first draft of history."""

"""Tom Kean and I were substitutes - Henry Kissinger and George Mitchell were the first choices; we got started late; we had a very short time frame - indeed, we had to get it extended; we did not have enough money - 3 million dollars to conduct an extensive investigation. We needed more, we got more, but it took us a while to get it.

We had a lot of skeptics out there, who really did not want the Commission formed. Politicians don't like somebody looking back to see if they made a mistake.
The Commission had to report right, just a few days before the Democratic National Convention met, in other words, right in the middle of a political campaign. We had a lot of people strongly opposed to what we did. We had a lot of trouble getting access to documents and to people. We knew the history of commissions; the history of commissions were they.. nobody paid much attention to 'em.

So there were all kinds of reasons we thought we were set up to fail. We decided that if we were going to have any success, we had to have a unanimous report, otherwise the Commission report would simply be filed."""

Etc.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
i was a deluded 911 truther from the very first moments!
i still am.
why?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join