It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was A Deluded 9/11 Truther

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by galdur
It´s just desperation.

Probably about 20% of Americans believe the silly and impossible official 9/11 fables and perhaps as many as 2% have actually read those ludicrous fables. It´s purely faith-based, not worth discussing actually.

Approximately 137% of 9/11 conspiracy theorists use completely made-up statistics to make their unsupported arguments seem valid.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

There is no such thing as an "official story"

Yes there is.

However, there is much more evidence in support of the common understanding of 9/11 than any of the various conspiracy theories.

And that Evidence would be..... What?

Go ahead, I'll wait.

The point is that conspiracy theorist are bringing forth claims that they cannot support with any actual evidence.....

Which is Precisely what you are doing.

You have no Evidence to support the official story... and yet you DO, because of Arguments From Authority.

You have not seen one piece of Evidence, and yet you actually believe that there *IS* evidence.

Go ahead... prove me wrong... what's your Evidence for believing in the official story?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

why does this guy feel the need to justify his switch?

he does not even address the most important issue..

Why were the rules and regulations set in place by law NOT followed that day?

twa 800 was blow up over the ocean and the pieces collected, reassembled..

47 war games were going on sept 11 2001 pertaining to and confusing planes being hijacked and used as weapons..

he seems to be explaining to those he knows why he gave up hope for truth.
edit on 14-9-2011 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

So thinking that WTC 7 was designed or modified with denotative devices for an extreme emergency so to destroy classified information immediately is very very plausible.

Pure fiction!

If the data or what ever is so important you build more security into the design and operation.
You don’t pre wire it with explosives and let your countrymen work inside for 15 years.
Do you think the White House is pre wired?
What about the Congressional building?
Or maybe your local post office!

Show me one case where something is wired for a detonation decades in the future!

Pure foolishness.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaemusAlphae
reply to post by micmerci

Reality huh?

This is one of the worst threads that I have ever seen on this site. You have got to be kidding me.

I am being serious here. How much are they paying you?

Frankly, I am not very impressed with your official judgement of "worst threads" considering the short time you have actually been a member here.

You dont have much gravitas to be an official judge of whats good and bad. But you sure do have an attitude about you don't you?

Respect to the OP. He is entitled to his opinion, as are you. But a little respect should be in order for his opinion.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

I don´t think that faith-based bunk, that denies basic laws of physics, deserves any respect at all. Quite the contrary.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by galdur
It´s just desperation.

Probably about 20% of Americans believe the silly and impossible official 9/11 fables and perhaps as many as 2% have actually read those ludicrous fables. It´s purely faith-based, not worth discussing actually.

Approximately 137% of 9/11 conspiracy theorists use completely made-up statistics to make their unsupported arguments seem valid.

Your comment would be ironic if only the guy you posted to didn't say "probably" and "Perhaps".

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

S&F for you my man. It's a rare, rare, RARE thing to actually see someone with some common sense on this site, especially in this forum. The problem is, you can show people all the evidence that you want and they will never believe it because it doesn't fit in with their belief that the world is out to get them. They'll demonize the video of building 7 that you posted, but applaud any other youtube video, no matter how outlandish, that corroborates their point of view.

Again, kudos for the well written OP and thought that inspired it.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Mcupobob
reply to post by randyvs

Nope, never was a "Truther". You want a real truth? People who run the 9/11 conspiracy sites(the main ones) and the people who made the loose change film and other like it, have profited off lies and fallacies in the name of making money off of a tragic event.

This is not only not true it's an out and out lie Talk about being desperate!

I knew those three young men, Korey, Dylan and Avery (through my daughter) while in upstate NY. They had NO idea that their 'film' was going to be such a huge FREE internet success. That was NOT their motive. Not at all. They just happen to make a video that millions of people resonated with. Did they make money subsequently? You bet. Why the hell not? Look at all the money Halliburton made (and STILL making)

Listen, if you no longer support the Truth Movement, that's fine. We won't even notice your absence but for the sake of being an up-right member of the human race, just stop making up stories to fit your script! It doesn't work like that!

I'm going to run what I said by you again and what you because reading that was like watching a train wreak.

This is not only not true it's an out and out lie Talk about being desperate!

So you say at first they didn't make money?

Did they make money subsequently? You bet. Why the hell not?

Then they did? Look George Lucas didn't know that Star was was going to take off and resonate with thousands of people, or make him a ton of cash.

Listen, if you no longer support the Truth Movement, that's fine.

what I said in the beginning of my post

Nope, never was a "Truther".

Now, why is it easy to believe that every civil engineer, firefighter, those in the military, and every demolition expert, and countless others that would be required for you to keep secret. Somehow sold out their country, family, friends some who were in the Twin towers that day for money, but its unthinkable these three men wouldn't simple capitalize off a tragic event for some easy cash and a cult following?

In your world thousands of people are liars and covering up the death of innocents for bribes, but these three "brave" men are just out there fighting the good fight right? Not for profit or anything. Now, why didn't the Government stop them before releasing their videos? I mean their capable of pulling off the most elaborate scheme ever but they couldn't stop this three people from showing the "truth"?

That simply is not the real world my friend. The real world is filled con artist looking to make a quick buck, not grand conspiracies.
edit on 9/14/2011 by Mcupobob because: no comment

edit on 9/14/2011 by Mcupobob because: Stuff

edit on 9/14/2011 by Mcupobob because: we, why

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent

So thinking that WTC 7 was designed or modified with denotative devices for an extreme emergency so to destroy classified information immediately is very very plausible.

Pure fiction!

If the data or what ever is so important you build more security into the design and operation.
You don’t pre wire it with explosives and let your countrymen work inside for 15 years.
Do you think the White House is pre wired?
What about the Congressional building?
Or maybe your local post office!

Show me one case where something is wired for a detonation decades in the future!

Pure foolishness.

I suspect if there's knowledge of a nuclear war head heading our way......with only minutes to react, it's my 'belief' the elite will burrow underground to their bunkers and their important information (building WTC 7) will get destroyed. Can't risk looters now can they?

It's my further belief that they KNEW a missile penetrated the Pentagon earlier.
Whose it was? I don't know. But there was every reason to think, secretly anyway, that this country was in very unspoken and serious danger. And it was because of THAT....they decided to 'pull the building'.

I don't believe too many people argue that WTC 7 was a controlled demolition. I think most are up to the part of wondering WHO did and HOW they did it. Not WHETHER they did it.

But hey, think what you want.

50 years later no one thinks Oswald killed Kennedy so maybe this will take 50 years as well.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Human_Alien because: grammar

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Well the first plane AA flt 11 out of Logan left the gate at 8:10Am and was crashed into the north tower at 8:46AM not really an hour. Flight 175 left logan at 8:14 about 16 minutes late from its expected departure and crashed into the towers at 9:03. Again not an hour in the air. If one of your valid points is incorrect how many others may be too ?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

No. Thousands of people aren't liars. Only a handful of liars.We're a world of 7 billion. A handful of people 'in the loop' is nothing.

You believe in Area 51? Well, now it's out in the open. How have they managed to keep that a secret? Thousands of people must be liars there too.

Or how about the DUMBs throughout the world? They absolutely exist yet no one (besides Phil Schneider that I'm aware of) has come forward to talk about them.

How is it there are CITIES underneath us yet no one knows about it? Someone MUST'VE had a hand in making them. And designing them. And operating them etc etc etc.

Secrets are secrets are secrets.And when it comes to the government, there's no telling what means they use or inflict on others to keep them quiet.

I don't think that many people were in on 9-11. I really don't. I'll guess less than 100 world wide. If that many. That is only by hunch.

I suggest you wake up from all the pretty lies we've been told and face some of the ugly truths

Too many are waking up and are on to them now and they know it. The internet has made it possible. We just have to be able to distinguish the fluff from the fib from the truth.

Truth isn't told. It's realized. And it takes someone in a deep coma or deep denial to realize official story isn't true. Parts of it are but even a half a lie isn't the whole truth.

Not going to waste anymore time on this thread. After nine years......I've done my part.

edit on 14-9-2011 by Human_Alien because: edit to add: line

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If you believe this bunk, you probably believe in Santa Claus too:

"""At 9:37:46, American Airlines Flight 77 crashed into the Pentagon, traveling at approximately 530 miles per hour.61 All on board, as well as many civilian and military personnel in the building, were killed."""

govinfo.library.unt.edu...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36ddcdb59251.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/211f1b9795c5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This sounds like the kind of thread some would do on assignment. Because the Truth is Always the Truth! And the official story not only has 100 or so holes, metaphorically speaking, but the reaction was irrational and manipulative.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence
reply to post by DBCooper71

Unless of course their perceptible errors were intentional and they want us (and other citizens around the globe) to come to despise our/their own governments by seeing them for what they are...which would render us more willing (in theory) to submit to the emergence of a global power. Perhaps the point all along was to offer us a glimpse into the depth of corruption on the part of our gov't and others worldwide...so that we might be open to new players on the scene.

Interesting theory....although I can't help thinking, if they had planted WMD's or, some even worse weapon to be found in Iraq, then bush and blair would have been hailed as hero's (by the media at least anyway) and it would have been a lot easy to invade the likes of Iran or any other oil rich country without causing to much outrage.

Which is exactly what tony blair has been pushing for lately.

edit on 14-9-2011 by DBCooper71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Again, the amount of people you would need silence to cover up 9/11 is astronomically. Take the 750 civil engineers that investigated 9/11. Are you saying all of them are liars, that they sold out for money? Or just out of the loop? I mean how did the Government make a controlled demo look a structural fire? So either they were paid off, along with every demolition expert ever or they did there job and made their report and it was true.

When 9/11 truthers finally give up the demo argument, they head over to the Thermite one. Which I already pointed out as impossible in a previous post. Then they go on to the, "We just knew about it about and let it happen" which is possible. I think its more likely that it was incompetence.

I think no matter what I say or whatever is proven you just want to believe in the 9/11 conspiracy. I bet you believe in the Illuminate too right? Well theres a reason that the book that started that conspiracy is in the science fiction section

en.wikipedia.org...!_Trilogy

You want to believe in a bogyman of sorts, someone to blame on all the evil events in the world, to explain the evils and motives of man. To explain things, that are hard to explain(They can be though) . To believe you and only those in your group know the "real truth". It makes you feel special right? You're not like all those other sheeple right? You know the truth! You can see past the elites lies! Everyone else in this world is unaware and simply dumb or pawns in this scheme, how can they not be? They'll pay when God/Allah/Cthulhu/Satan ect ect... I mean the elite send their wrath down on the unexpected and unaware.

Look I get it, its seducing and easy to try and pin everything bad in the world on a single unseeable force.

I want you do something, you don't have to but at least consider it. See the other side of the coin as it were. Look into the 9/11 debunk websites.

edit on 9/14/2011 by Mcupobob because: I just knew it was the right thing to do

edit on 9/14/2011 by Mcupobob because: its not always black and white

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I'm no truther myself, but I do have one question about all of this:
What would drive a man to give a stand up performance about 9/11 to a pretend audience in his basement?

edit on 14-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

President Bush and his Zionist buddies conspired to murder 3000 of their own people for political gain. There are no Al Qaeda or Islamic fundamentalists, just fictional bogeymen cooked up by CIA operatives. This should be openly challenged in society wherever it rears its ugly head, not only are these views toxic to the country, but they completely deny the very threats we face from Islamic terrorism. In this way it is a major injustice to the men, women and children who were taken from us that fateful day, by none other than Islamic terrorists.

Bravo. Beautifully well put.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I've come to the conclusion that 911 deniers prefer the easy option of satisfying their racist tendencies at the expense of truth and scientific evidence. It is certainly easier to simply deny the overwhelming evidence than to face the truth. It is telling that you offer no evidence in rebuttal of the mountain (and mounting) of hard scientific facts and reliable expert witness testimony and offer only a weak and very unconvincing " find out for yourself".

I'm deeply saddened that you cannot see what is true and resort instead to silly emotional pleas to honour those who died. Every single person who died then, and since and those who will die in the future deserve as a result of this heinous crime need to be honoured by the truth not some bigoted witch hunt against so called terrorists who were in the first place created by the CIA. Shame.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Only a small minority, all of it on the faith-based fringe here, has belief in those silly official fables by now. See recent poll. This youtube basement guy is just one of them, their typical representative.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join