It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increase in pet intelligence? Communication?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
How cani delete the other post

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn
What about talking cats, my latest one quite clearly says " out " when she wants to go out, my old one used to also say " out " amongst other things, my favourite was when he used to say " love you ". Perhaps they do mimick things we say in their own way, but when they use words at the right time, it can be spooky.

I was a bit afraid to tell anyone this...but you have given me the courage...thanks. One night about 3 weeks ago I asked my cat a question..and it sounded as though he said (no). So..I decided to say the word (no) repeatedly to him and see what he does......I then asked him another question...and he said...(no). Quite often when he does not want to do something...he says (no). That let me know...that yes....I think animals are more intelligent..than I thought they were.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by monkcaw

I think love is transformative too. St Francis has been a major inspiration, I love the story of the Wolf of Gubbio- the story is linked here: www.anaflora.com...

I am a convert to Catholicism, and one thing that appealed to me was the universalism aspect- that we are one people united in love and sorrow (it was the right path for me). It could be that it extends to all beings too.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

My dog will say something like mama when she wants something really bad and I'm not paying attention to her, but I taught her that with a heck of a lotta treats as a joke for a friend. My friend said she was almost human, and if she could talk we'd be in trouble. It only sounds like mama if you know its what she's trying to say. I love the idea of you cat talking!That is so cool.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sayaangel

When you spoke of your dog and cat being friends, I immediatley thought of the picture of the lion laying down with the lamb. Maybe the kingdom of god is at hand after all
Now if only us humans could follow suit....

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BroketheWall

My cat follows one of my clients around like a puppy, gets so excited when it sees him that it will drop a mouthfull of food just to let out a loud meow greeting and run over to him. I do everything for the cat and it likes me, it sleeps on my bed at night, but it just loves him. I suppose that is the difference between cats and dogs, dogs will make a fuss of everyone, whereas cats choose who they like. I had a wild cat once, who would do anything for me, but he would let no-one else near him, that was after a whole year of taking care of him from a distance and giving him the right to be free but the choice of being comforted as well.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
"it seems they pick up same from me, and can see themselves, and the world "through my eyes". "

Since I wrote that, I can't stop thinking about it! The implications.......
What I pick up is that animals have "consciousness", but in most cases, less "self consciousness". It is important to emphasize that difference. A consciousness of exterior, of others, of a global, unindividualized state occurs through sensual input and instinct. there is this sensation (smell, texture, sound) and it is associated with this movement, or this urge, but there is not a line between "I" and these experiences.

But when they see themselves, and the world, through MY eyes, this stimulates an awareness of their separation from these, between these things..... that there is an "I" that is separate from the sensations "I" feel, and separate from the movements "I" Make...... they see their form, as in a mirror, remaining stable and static from one global moment to the next, from experience to the next.

This description does correspond with the results and theories from contemporary neuroscience. It is conjectured, with some evidence (there is rarely "proof" in neuroscience) that such differences distinguish (in a blurry, not sharp way) the social primates from other animals. Humans are known to have 'mirror' neurons which can help form a "theory of mind"---understanding that other organisms have their own internal state separate from the world and my internal state, and thus the notion that there is also an "I" who also have this state. Evolutionary forces suggest that this will be found in the most social mammals, because understanding self and other's motivations becomes critical for evolutionary success. The usual suspects other than apes are of course elephants and dolphins.

Various people with autistic-type of disorders have problems in this area---forming a theory of mind. Perhaps, they can more intuitively understand animals then, though they have problems with typical humans.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Wow! You immediately made me think of Temple Grandin- how cool.
en.wikipedia.org...

Have your studies covered latent inhibition? It's been suggested that I have LLI- low latent inhibition, but I think the jury is still out on the whole idea. Thanks for your post.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

St. Francis is truly inspirational, I also adore St. Seraphim of Sarov. I like to think they are close friends.

It may sound silly to some but I bless my dogs with the sign of the cross, I tell them I love them very much and that they are beautiful and precious to me. I'm not saying it does anything magical or anything just that it pleases me to do so....now if I could only be as loving to other people!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

Thats very true that they are selective...but when it comes to love I think we have alot to learn from are furry friends!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by monkcaw

Wow- I had never heard about St Seraphim before. Thank you!
Information is linked below:
www.kurskroot.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'm not for sure, but I just tested the theory,
my dog did not talk back when I asked some questions (thank goodness)
Still will not quit licking himself, told him to stop a few more times, although he does get a bath once a week.
Maybe it's just him and not pets in general..

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
In August of 1999, our 14 year old pekingese, Joey, started to get ill. He walked with a limp, then not on the paw at all. Really struggling with putting him down, I decided to just ask him. My cousin and I were sitting in our room, and I said, "Joey, if you're ready to be put down, bark"

The dog that had spent the past 14 years doing the exact opposite of anything that was asked of him, Barked.

In awe, and figuring it was just a fluke, I said,
"Joey, if you're REALLY ready to die, get up and go sit by Allen"
The dog got up, limped over to Allen, and laid down in front of him.
Still not fully believing this could happen, we asked a final time.
"Joey, if you're REALLY ready to die, come back and lay by me."
Again, he came over and laid in front of me. We both hugged him, and I called my mom to make the appointment. He went very peacefully that night. I'd really like to know what happens to pets when we go. I've heard about the rainbow bridge, but some dogs just "feel" almost human.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have 5 dogs and they are all acting the same.

Hate to say it but you just want to feel special or that something special is happening and you are being apart of it.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This is very interesting, and actually something I have been pondering lately, as I have noticed a sharp increase in my pets trying to communicate lately. The cats, for the last several months, have been at my side non-stop while I am home. Here are a couple of tales for you:

The week before last, I had a head injury from my 4 year old jumping off the couch onto my head and neck. After some time in the ER, I was trying to rest at home. My 6 yr. old tuxedo cat Maya was very concerned about me and did not want to leave my side. She got shut out of the room one night and nearly took the door off its hinges trying to get to me. The next morning, my husband was in the bathroom and she came in there yelling at him. Thinking she was asking for food or attention, he reached down to pet her, but she would move just out of his reach, still yowling. Each time he would move forward a step and she would back up towards the door. He finally realized she was trying to train him to walk out with her. He followed her, and she ran ahead, stopping once to make sure he was coming before leading him to the bedroom door. He opened it and she dashed in, relieved to be with me again. Since that morning, she has been using the same meow and method to get him to do things.

Then last week, here in So Cal, we had the biggest power outage in our county history. I was stuck with my kids in another part of town at my mom's and therefore gave up trying to get home due to the horrible traffic gridlock. My husband finally made it home but could not reach me because of his cell phone service being down. He finally managed to get in a call to me and I told him I would just stay at my mom's house to avoid the roads. Around 930pm, the power came back on at my Mom's and I decided to go ahead and try to drive home, a half hour away. But since I could not get in touch with my husband, he did not know I was coming. So we started off and as we got closer I realized power was not on yet in our part of town but was too tired to go back to my Mom's.

When I pulled up, my husband was standing at the door with an incredulous look on his face. He told me that about 5 minutes before I pulled up, Maya suddenly woke up, ran to the front door and yowled for me. He said she paced back and forth and stayed there. He told her I was not coming home tonight, but she stayed there. Sure enough, I was home several minutes later. I estimated I was not even off the highway yet when she must have sensed me coming. It is amazing how cats always know!

This afternoon, I was going to clean my cat's water fountain, when I made a discovery. A mother brown widow and her egg sack had taken up residence behind it. When she saw me lift the fountain up, she ran into hiding. I am not scared of spiders, but with a young child and pets in the house, there is no way I will leave be a brown widow. I had to pull the bookshelf out and found her cringed in a corner underneath trying to protect her babies. Of course many people would have run for spray or something, but I just can't bring myself to squish a spider. Besides that, I found the neatly packaged remains of many pest bugs under there (eg. earwigs, silverfish, etc.) and I think she was trying to be a good houseguest. I tried several times to gently knock her into a cup, but she was too scared. As a last resort, I pleaded with her to PLEASE come out, that I did not mean her harm..and she simply could not stay where she was. I am sure it sounded nuts, but it had worked on ants before.
Finally, she tentatively crawled out. I was amazed! I carefully gathered her up and her egg and relocated them as promised, to the field nearby. I can't think of any reason why she came out willingly, other than pure coincidence, or that she understood my intentions.

I could go on and on, but these are just a few stories as of late.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Good Post OP !

But I honestly feel that it is you that is awakening and not the pets.
Our ability to communicate via telepathy was removed eons ago. But not from the rest of the animal kingdom.

We as souls regardless of what physical form all come together for a reason.
These animals knew that you would help them. Instinct told them to go to you.

The Native Americans have always had a less dominating perspective when it comes to how they treated their animals. They treated their horses as peers/friends instead of slaves as we tend to do.

I've always hated the term "owner". And I always remove my pet's collars with a scruff around the neck area and tell them that they are free and safe from danger here... when they are on our own property.

I don't attach their collars unless we're leaving home for a walk or in the car.

My relatives on my Mom's side are native Americans Choctaw on one side and Cree Indian/Irish on the other. They introduced me to horses at a very young age. It gave me a completely different perspective of animals.

I was riding at 6 years old with a trusted very gentle horse in order to learn how to ride and also how to interact with Horses.
For example, The Native approach is not to Lead a Horse into a barn but to walk and to let them follow which they will willfully do if you think that you want them to.

In fact the Native word for Horse is in essence "Big Dog". And Horses do behave that way funny enough.

Now that I've become older and wiser, I have also learned that much of this has to do with the Universal language of communication used by animals, called Telepathy.

That's why I find it funny when people are amazed when they see different species of animals interacting with one another. For those that get it, are already aware that They all communicate using the universal language and respect for one another.

I am sincerely glad to hear that you've awakened.
But the animals have always communicated as they do using their minds and telepathy, it's just takes a while for us to understand the communication protocol.

PEACE

edit on 14-9-2011 by nh_ee because: edits and miscellaneous typos

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
What a wonderful post!

I agree that it is we who are finally beginning to open up to the kind of communication we have always been capable of; we are reconnecting with the source.

I live on a small farm with 200 chickens, and they have most certainly been acting very differently, especially the older ones. Although they are free-range, we recently moved to another climate with them and have left them in their coops longer, releasing them less frequently, so that they can adapt to the new environment.

Yesterday the two coops with the oldest layers plus one rooster, began to make an incredible noise, all clucking at the same time. It was around 4 o'clock when their working day is done and they are released for dirt baths and foraging. They were making so much noise that I went to see if an animal had gotten into their area. But instead of pacing the coops (which they do when upset) they were all standing still, clucking loudly. I went into the field to look more closely and they all fell silent. I then saw a couple of hens throw themselves against the front door of their coop! 'Alright, alright', I said, 'I get the picture!' and let them all run loose until sundown!

Talk about communicating!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I agree fully with your post but I think it is not just pets. I live in Sydney Australia and I have noticed in the last few weeks how many Magpies have seemed to of changed. They have been always a smart bird but as of late they seem to have the next stage of evolution as such or spirtual awareness. They are not even afraid of humans anymore. I have seen atleast 20-30 of them acting way more intelligent than an average animal. Others in our area have noticed them as well.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Actually i think it is because Niburu is closer and as there are so many races they are unlocking the awakening of the whole planet.

The birds are connected with the Carians or Angel race ( bird race etc) the dogs and cats a linked to the feline race like on the Sphynix.

My work partner saw Blue tongue lizards acting very awaken on the weekend as well. This maybe due from the Reptilian races ( not all of them are bad, more like the 4th dimension renegades) Then again i think it is there job to be the represser race in 3rd and 4th dimension.

As the animals are awakening with mother earth as the humans who will make it after Dec 21 to March 2013 they will go on to 5th D.

Trust your soul everyone follow your heart not your mind alone. It is a fantastic change that is coming.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
I have 5 dogs and they are all acting the same.

Hate to say it but you just want to feel special or that something special is happening and you are being apart of it.

That's not the case, it is the animals that are special, not the owners, we are just proud of them for it.

As for the dogs acting the same, perhaps that is because they have other dogs around them to remind them that they are dogs, single pets will develop special bonds with the owners because they are an equal part of the relationship.

It is also not a case of us hearing what we want either, I had a friend visit, when we returned home and opened the front door, my cat was waiting just inside as he always did when he heard me come home, as I walked into the door the cat let out his usual greeting, a loud and drawn out " Heellooow " . My friend said " what the hell, did that cat just talk ? " I said " yes he does it all the time. A while later the cat sat in the doorway and said " Num num ", that was my cue to feed him, he taught me that word because it was the noise he used to make while he was eating. My friend was equally as shocked as he was the first time, he said " I have a parrot at home and he IS supposed to talk, but I have never heard a peep out of him ".
edit on 15-9-2011 by Qwenn because: spelling

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join