It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Shows NYPD Cops Dirty Dancing at West Indian Day Parade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Not sure if I opsted this in the proper forum and I didn't see it posted already so mods,.PLEASE REMOVE IF IT IS POSTED ALREADY!

Link

MYFOXNY.COM - An online video shows some men who appear to be uniformed NYPD officers enjoying the festivities at the West Indian Day Parade. But some are criticizing what the men were doing, especially since some shootings took place during the parade.

The annual West Indian Day parade in Brooklyn, which took place September 5, 2011, is always colorful. It celebrates the culture of the Caribbean islands.

A video has surfaced on a website called worldstarhiphop.com that shows what appear to be cops in uniform dirty dancing with scantily clad women who were part of the parade.

Someone at the parade took plenty of video of the officers having a good time. While these officers were having fun gunfire broke out along other portions of the parade route. At least two shootings took place along the route during the parade.

Read more: www.myfoxny.com...

I'm not really sure what to think about this.
On one hand, I think the cops are out of line and engaging in behavior non becoming.

On the other, I am seeing humanity.
I am seeing a cop (which I make no bones about despising) being turned from an authoritahh abusing,drunk on his own sense of power and control,stick in the mud with the personality of a potted plant into a.............HUMAN BEING!!!

Who'd of thunk?!?!?

It also reminds me that in order to win the war with the corporate elites and regain our sovergnty and humanity
we need to resort to using our most powerful weapon......L-O-V-E!!!

It also kind of reminds me that these guys have gotten it right.
Everything is going to be OK
edit on 13-9-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Highly inappropriate!

If they want to booty dance with these women, they should not be on the clock in uniform.

I know they were just trying to have fun, but work isn't fun! They were there for a reason, not to booty dance.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I can't disagree with you at all.
Forgive me though, if it is refreshing.
I so totally and completely despise cops on every level.
and HERE is an example of why.
On the other hand, It is nice to see them acting....HUMAN!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I know they were just trying to have fun, but work isn't fun!

Why can't work be fun?

They were there for a reason, not to booty dance.

They weren't booty dancing though, they were grinding on the booty dancers -- HUGE difference.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
That was unprofessional and they should've conducted themselves better. They were there as protection and to keep the peace, not to party down with the locals. Bad form.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Okay, we criticize the police when they are d-bags and now you do it when they have some fun or show a little humor. There is nothing wrong with what they did as they were all adults partaking in the parade.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
i see the officers on duty,

trying to appreciate their very typical VULGAR soca carnival dance styles

if they (white cops) had pushed away them gyrating dancers, it would have probably caused a riot.

i agree with 'damned if you do, damned if you don't"

the biggest complaint was sometimes the cops are like potted plants. so good for the cops unless harrassment claims were filed against them. but obviously, looks the other way around. (women gryating booty up onto your crotch even if you're just standing still on duty)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

I know they were just trying to have fun, but work isn't fun!

Why can't work be fun?

Wk is work! It's not one for cops to be acting inappropriate. They are suppose to set examples. They get a bad enough rap because of the actions others do you would think they would want to help their image not hurt it.

Also I dont see how anything a cop does could be fun! What they do isn't fun, they deal with criminals and crap like that. I don't know one cop who thinks their job is fun. Most all tell me the have to separate themselves from what they see. If this guy wants to have fun while working, have a luncheon not some bump and grind in the middle of the street.

They were there for a reason, not to booty dance.

They weren't booty dancing though, they were grinding on the booty dancers -- HUGE difference.

No sorry as someone who dances booty dancing implies booting grinding...geesh.

Do you need to be technical? What he is doing is wrong! He is a cop not a dancer!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

I can't disagree with you at all.
Forgive me though, if it is refreshing.
I so totally and completely despise cops on every level.
and HERE is an example of why.
On the other hand, It is nice to see them acting....HUMAN!

Oh it's funny to watch. I laughed but it's still inappropriate.

You can't group an entire workforce into one and hate them all! That is completely being stereotypical. Not all cops are like that idiot in the link you posted. That is horrible but it doesn't mean all cops are the same.

Your generalization with cops and how you "despise" them on every level is a little judgemental don't you think?

It is really hard to work a job where you are stereo typed or hated on because a select few are the stereotype. All you see on tv or even on here is when a cop does something bad, what about all the good ones out there? Oh I guess that isn't as controversial. You will always see the bad before the good and people will always group that entire group in the same category......I know how this feels with my job and it is not fun defending yourself because people live by stereotypes because of a select few.

Personally I think they need to be stricter on who they let become police officers. I know some that I am completely amazed they get to carry a gun and be in authority. They need to have a better process but no matter what you do bad things will still happen. It's bad but you can't hate on everyone else cause of some who can't follow the rules.

new topics

top topics

join