It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets suppose for a minute that ANY of the doomsday prophecies are true or at the very least plausib

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
What is your 1st thought upon the realization that its truly and undeniably coming? lets assume you have some foresight to the event.. like its eminent in the next 48 hours..

Are you prepared, have a plan? or totally unprepared ie. we'll see how thing go? Do you bolt for the wide open like the ocean or plains, run for the mountains? bunker down in a cave?

Will you wait it out somehow, because you got all your food and water stored in your bunker? or Do you seek shelter? Assemble in numbers? ie. FEMA camps, designated emergency shelters.

What would you tell your kids is happening? Would you spare them from being a witness or victim to such an event? would you do the unthinkable?

Would you go it alone? Every man for himself? or would you seek out your friends, family and neighbours to see if they were okay?

Would you be able to fight for your and your family's life? Ie have a gun so that you get the last seat on the bus out of town type thing? Maybe you prefer to have the gun so that you get the last loaf of bread.. or that you use to intimidate others.. so you can steal from them.. would you steal to survive?

Do you just let it happen, knowing there is no escaping it?? Do you party up till the party crashes literally or Do you run and flee like animals running from a burning forest not really knowing where to go?

I'm interested in knowing how people might react to such an event, whatever it may be that is going to do us in someday

. You don't need to reply to all the questions, just the ones that you are self aware of.. also feel free to add other questions or that might generate another aspect of a global end game scenario not touched on here..

Thanks ATSers
edit on 13-9-2011 by Iiquiringmind because: typos and clarifications

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Pray keep Faith call all I can and support where I can..

Be well

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
im going all george costanza, pushing old ladies and kids out of the way to ensure my own safety

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Not sure which doomsday prophecies you're referring to, but in the case of Biblical prophecies it would not be an instant event, but rather a long series of increasingly punishing events that take place over a span of 7 years. Many Mormons are hoarding massive supplies of food in preparation, but frankly I just don't see that as ample preparation for the promised world-shattering earthquakes, violent storms, floods, etc. Anyone that had a food hoard in New Orleans would have watched it get swept out to sea during Katrina along with everything else they owned. And the Tribulation will be MUCH worse if it happens as described. I just don't think it's possible to prepare for every possibility.

Now if you're talking about a known extinction event like an asteroid strike, well I suppose I'd take the day off work and stay home with family, LOL! Might as well enjoy what time is left if that's the case.

edit on 13-9-2011 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Iiquiringmind

For me, it would depend entirely on which catastrophe scenario would be coming to pass. As previously said, a true E.L.E. is the time to simply love on family and do the most human of things with the time we have left....enjoy the company of those we love most.

On the brighter side, the other predictions so many sources are throwing out are almost all backed by saying it's happened before. Well, good. Life has never been completely wiped out here, so it's survivable if one moves right instead of left at the key moment. After watching the Governments around the world begin pouring staggering sums of money into their own preparations, timed to complete right around this time or next year, my focus now is in trying to determine in my own mind just WHICH scenario they seem so sure about...so I know which direction is safe to jump when the time comes. Right or Left? High elevation or Mole? Hopefully we figure it out with time to move.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
My wife has a liver transplant...

That being said. I have enough Prograf to last her 5 years, plus a bunch of other meds and kits. I have regular food stuffs to last 60 days and a stash of 20 CASES of MREs (Not boxes of 12 MREs, but 20 cases of 12 boxes.) At two MREs a day, with 2 people that's rough 720 days of food. I also have close to 500 pounds of dog food (My wife made me as we have 3 dogs.)

I have two water condensers (droughtmasters.net...) both capable of roughly 4 gallons a day.

Two natural gas generators (No fuel stored to be honest) and one mini pelton water wheel generator.

Also a couple .45 acp handguns, 2 semi auto 5.56 mm (one carbine, one rifle), a 12 and a 20 guage shotgun. I have about 1000 rounds total of ammo.

All of this is buried in a conex on one of my two little plots of land (less than 10 acres.)

Now before you call me a nut I've had this buried since 2006 (pre-elenin, mayan calendar, *insert favorite catastrophe here*), after getting out of the military. I saw what the people of Iraq had to endure during our little invasion and well, I don't want that to happen to me...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I think I would be shocked. No amount of preparing will help you out of a situation that has no way out. Image any natural disaster in history, but without any aid, make it nationwide, and image it won't end for at least a few years.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Pray. Ask for Family and Goodness/God to arrive, for the true Love to show and to progress everyone, for all to wake up and ask for healing, for true understanding, compassion and tranformation to be with everyone.
Be at peace.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
Not sure which doomsday prophecies you're referring to, but in the case of Biblical prophecies it would not be an instant event, but rather a long series of increasingly punishing events that take place over a span of 7 years.

I guess I'm leaving the actual "event" up to the writer/reader.. Either or,, a quick or slow death.. unless it happens in a lightning bolt moment..we should see it coming and have some, albeit limited time to react or reflect..

I can't help but think some people might deny it to the very end and still show up for work type thing.. while other will cower in fear and like another poster already claimed, will "Goerge Contanza" everyone in their way to a perceived safe place.

I have to admit I've given some thought to what I might do.

I've come to expect a mass uprising that will throw the world into choas.A every man for himself scenario. I would hold out in my home for as longas I can with my wife and kids. I have some food and water preparations but not wnough to last weeks on end. I grab a gun for protection and try to attract a little attention to us as possible. Eventually I 'd try to seek out my family and try to seek strenght and protection in numbers. but my 80 year old grandma is probably not much help..

If it was a extinction event, then I would not want to risk surviving the main event it only to prerish later from secondary symptoms, like extreme heat or weather, no water, food.. radiation..etc.. I'd likely make me and my family a nice jello pudding snak and call it a life, huggin them till we were all together again in the forever after.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If it's a true "DOOMSDAY" then nothing you will do can save you. Any event less than total global annihilation is not a doomsday scenario.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm not sure what I would do - it would definitely depend on the situation and what has happened. However when I really think about it, people can theorize on what you would do, where you would go, etc. but until something that catastrophic happens, I don't know if most of us are capable of accurately saying what we would do.

Let's all pray that nothing this horrific happens in any of our (or our faimily's) lifetimes.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Now if you're talking about a known extinction event like an asteroid strike, well I suppose I'd take the day off work and stay home with family, LOL! Might as well enjoy what time is left if that's the case.

This is why I firmly believe there will never be any sort of heads up should there actually be some sort of ELE type event headed our way! They want to keep the machine running as long as possible, and if everyone takes the day off, well nuff said....

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I've got a big steel (bulletproof) sailboat. Loaded with weapons, lots of non perishable food, (rice and beans) a watermaker, lots of fishing gear, solar panels and wind generator. A sailboat needs no fuel. I'm heading out to sea when TSHTF. I could stay out at sea for at least six months without any trouble. After that, I figure over ninety percent of the sheeple will be dead. Then, well, we'll see what happens.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Ive been pondering on the inevitability of all life on earth ending very soon for a while now, in the past I used to get panicky and feel distraught, now tho I have an extreme sense of calmness in me that just says: God will take care of it, because God does not do injustice to anyone. So its alright, everything will be alright.

And I go about my day hoping dying isn't very painful...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

You sound just like me. Revelation doesn't say "No hiding place" for nothing, after all. There is no preparing for what's coming, it cannot be done, by you or me or the richest Rothschild alive. (Boy, are those guys in for a surprise.) Every day, I say to God, "C'mon, let's get this over with, like ripping off a duct-tape gag! The longer you take, the more misery everyone has to endure at the hands of evil! What are you waiting for??" but so far, no response. The time is not yet right. But it soon will be. Ohhhhhh, so soon...

It isn't the pain of dying that I'm worried about, though. It's the panic and fear, knowing "Hey, this is it, take one last breath now..." I just want to die in my sleep, or from a nuke blowing up a few feet away, or an asteroid strike, or something else where nobody will feel a thing and nobody will see it coming (and believe me, you will NOT see the asteroid that kills you, not when the relative impact velocity is approaching 100,000 miles per hour). Ideally, I'll be among the lucky Rapturees, those who never have to experience death. I wish that for as many people as possible, in fact. it's gonna suck watching everyone left behind... but we all choose our own destiny via our actions. You wanna survive an unsurvivable event? Don't be there when it happens. It'll require always loving your fellow man, though; not everyone can handle doing that.

Come on, rapture.....!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
We live in a world that is very uncertain.
Events can change in a instant.
5 minutes from now there could be no "society/civilization" to rely on...
To be honest, today's world is no different than the world of yester-years...
Humanity has always been teetering on the edge
I doubt that will ever change...

We have things such as
*Mass Invasion
*Yellowstone
*New Madrid Fault
*Some Unknown Virus
*Comets

But in the event of some "doomsday" event,
Life will continue...

Quoting Jurassic Park here... but its a good quote
"Life finds a Way"

Everyday is a gift, appreciate it...
We have no guarantee... no promise...

That is why I hope for grocery stores and electricity...
but plan for neither...

I farm and can and store enough family for myself and my family for an great span of time
We have equipment and tools to continue life

We have the knowledge and skills to ensure life will go on...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
My children are not sheltered. They know that things can happen and they know that I will do whatever it takes to keep them safe. I would never go to a FEMA camp, that would not be a good place to be. The gov't is failing the people now, why would we assume they would care about us in a FEMA camp.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If it's an end of the world type scenario then I'd go to the local supermarket, buy 10 crates of lager and then have an end of the world party in a field.

I figure go out as I came in. Cold, wet and totally disoriented. Could do without being held upside down and having my bottom smacked though.........................

new topics

top topics

join