It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today my age is 49, tomorrow...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
49 to 50. Ya that is what tomorrow brings me. 1/2 century. 10 years ago tomorrow was a friday 3 days after 9-11 I turned 40. I will always remember this day as it was declared The National day of Morning for the 9-11 victims. I sat infront of the television all that day and cried moarned and sobbed with my country my neighbors my family it was a deeply emotional day.
Tomorrow turning 50 wow is my main emotion. I have been pondering the past 10 years for a few months, I went beyond the past 10 years to consider my whole life what I have completed, expereince,failures,and my many attempts of variuous careers, events, Happenings/differnet things i expereince in my life path, the successes and the failures. And what I have realized is my first 50 years brought me the experience-the understanding as to why the clock goes tick-tock..( life moves forward-tick tock, tick tock). Im by no means insinualting i know it all because i deffinately do not. I am comming into a place inside myself to which i can more easily understand change..
At my age you learn to see an outcome before it happens, hence avoiding the wrong path or moving onto the right path.
I understand how the older people are so wise. I am hoping to be amongst the wise when I am around 65.
I figure I am about halfway through my life. Woman in my family live veyr long time, my grandmother is about to be 95 she still lives alone, she told me some years back she will live to see her 110 I believe her.
My husband and children asked me a few times this week what I want for my birthday.
My Birthday wish is, If just for one day 24 hours the entire world would lay down their weapons go home spend time with friends and or family, or go pray, or start up the bar be que,play soccer watch a football game, go shopping with your spouse or child somethign non violent, whatever makes them happy....that is my wish..peace to the world
edit on 13-9-2011 by lbndhr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
do you feel old ?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
wow!

Your ancient

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

peace to you too, and happy birthday. may your birthday wish come true. may the insanity stop and the guns rust with age. we've all had enough.

i'm an old fart just like you. i've learned it takes so darn long to learn, to catch on, to gain wisdom and understanding of a few things. the more one learns the more one realizes how little they know.

i hope you have a wonderful birthday. the big five Oh! is special. i hope you commemorate it somehow. savor every moment my friend. as horrible as so many things of the world are, life itself is simply delicious, is it not? so eat, drink and be merry. before you know it you'll be 51.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by weirdguy
wow!

Your ancient

Wow!
Your apostrophe and an 'e' is missing.
Probably, along with your manners, it's somewhere else.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I was actually lightly mocking icepack for his post.
E? what are you talking about?
it seems people try to start bs on this site over anything

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
do you feel old ?

My body is starting to feel a bit worn, I feel older then you, heck I feel older then I felt yesterday

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I hope you have a memorable birthday! I know mine was filled with the 9/11 stuff (that was my birthday) but I figure, hey, my birthday happened first!

I do feel bad about the 9/11 thing, but it's been 10 years since it happened, and although we should never forget, we need to move on and live our lives to the fullest

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit1
I hope you have a memorable birthday! I know mine was filled with the 9/11 stuff (that was my birthday) but I figure, hey, my birthday happened first!

I do feel bad about the 9/11 thing, but it's been 10 years since it happened, and although we should never forget, we need to move on and live our lives to the fullest

I agree regarding 9-11 and moving past it. I did not even watch television this 9-11.
I was on highway 10 heading east stuck in the worse monsoon storm of my life. Besides it was mostly politicians boosting words they had no right saying.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hoping you are having an amazing birthday!
Peace and love

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Hey,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

This was number one 50 years ago today.

edit on 14-9-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

top topics

join