It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Electoral Register

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I am in my 50th year. I studied British Constitution to 'A' level, hence with the ebb and flow of life, and knowing what I did/do about our unwritten constitution, I have only ever voted 3 times. We all say MP's are liars, cheats, never carry out their manifesto promises, but in my opinion it is us that are at fault because we allow them, and don't carry out our constitutional rights.

I was reminded by a friend last night that I had not completed the Electoral Register form that had arrived at my home a good month ago, as he was completing his. I remembered that there is a £1,000 fine and possible imprisonment for failing to complete and return/phone/txt the said form.
This has made me really, really angry .
First, I will only vote, as I have done in the past when I have felt it might actually make a difference. The times I have not voted have been not because "my vote wont make any difference" but because I have carried out my constitutional right not to vote because a no vote is a quiet protest against the system we have.
I do not like, and will not tolerate, my freedom of choice and free will being threatened either by fine or imprisonment or any other type of threat. If anything it puts my back up and makes me almost beligerent. Ask me nicely and see how far that gets you!
I know by completing the form I still have the choice to turn up to the polling booth or not. This is not the point. The point is the people who have been voted in feel they have the right to THREATEN me if I do not 'play their game'. How bloody dare they!
You see, I see a no voting stance is rather like when John Lennon said "What if there was a war, but nobody turned up?"
My stance on this has been further compounded by the situation in Belgium. They have not had a government for the past 16 months or so. The people seem very happy, the country is doing perfectly well thank you very much without a government. The country is being run to all intense and purposes by civil servants. Just think back to the BBC comedy Yes, Minister where we could see the civil servants running things. OK Belgium might not be utopia, no country ever will be, but it's doing a darn sight better than the rest of Europe and probably most other countries in the World.
Think of Iceland. They jailed the unscrupulous bankers, told us and Holland where to get off, and now the people themselves have re-written their constitution, and they are turning things around and very happy with themselves as the PEOPLE have had a say.

Now to my question. This whole case about the Electoral Register stinks of the threat over our heads about not completing the census.
Where do I REALLY stand legally by not completing the form?
This is the second time our government in less than 12 months,(yes, I did vote in the last election, so I can say my/our!) has basically threatened its citizens with fines, imprisonment and a criminal record (with regards to the census). This is, as far as I can tell from our un-written constitution, an act of treason by OUR elected government against ITS people.

Thoughts guys?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
What's the big deal? It takes less than five minutes to log online and confirm your household's details are the same as last year.

Failure to do so just means you'll find it hard to take out loans or get credit, since the electoral register is the first port of call for anyone wishing to confirm your name and address. Though the downside is that it also helps debt collection agencies find you. And gets sold on to junk mailers .... But who cares? Unless you don't want anyone to know where you live?

btw I have never voted (but then, I am only 45).

Edit: oh, and they "threatened" you last year and the year before and the year before that and ........
But you filled it in okay last year - so why now suddenly get all upset about something you've probably been doing and knowing the consequences of not doing, for decades?
edit on 13-9-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I do not know too much, but i hope i can be of some assistance. These people that the government send around to ask you why you have not completed the census, you are under no obligation or requirement to speak to them or anyone else, the only person you are required to speak too is a police officer, period.

Once you play the game, i.e if you are summoned and go to court, you will get no justice, you are stepping into a court of hm the queen. Every court in this country is a corporation, each one is set up too make money, they are not bothered if you agree or disagree with something, they will take the line (if you turn up) that you are agreeing you have done something wrong, therefore you are at fault(and will pay).

The law in our land as i understand it is common law, this is not what is practised in HM courts, what is practised there is a mixture between trust law and commercial law. If you look up max egan and/or Dean clifford, you will get a much better understanding of how the scam works, you will get too understand how/what you can do about it in far greater detail than i can tell you. Max has a site the crowhouse .com, it is excellent, just look under the heading or banner of trust law on his page.

Hope this helps.
edit on 13-9-2011 by brommas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

I know quite a few folks who have not signed onto the electoral register.
None have ever got into any trouble,had fines or letters sent to them.
I didn't even know it was a legal requirement to sign-and I expect the people who haven't signed it didn't know that either.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The only reason people are getting threatened (which are honestly idle threats anyway), not because they want everyone to vote, they just don't want people slipping off the radar and out of the credit, debt cycle.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Sorry Essan, but as usual I either do not explain myself well to you or you just do not understand what I have posted, which is usually the case for you and I.
I did say the ebb and flow of life, meaning we grow and change our view points. Yes I have completed it in the past, but as I said, I am fed up with our elected MP's thinking they can threaten us as they have done twice this year already.
As to the credit rating thing and debt collectors etc. Votng has nothing at all to do with ones credit, but everyone over the legal age of being able to have credit is also in some way on the Council Tax register, so as to ones ability to cover a credit or debit then that is where credit agencies should be looking, not at whether we vote or not in my humble and dare I say logical opinion.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
There is massive differnce between legal and lawful......

Just as there is massive differnce between a police man and police officer.....

There is no law that says you have to register.

" You need to be on the electoral register to vote in all UK elections and referendums. You are not automatically registered even if you pay council tax. If you receive a request for your registration information from your local electoral registration office then you are legally obliged to respond. If you do not respond, or if you provide false information, then you could receive a £1,000 fine.

Not being registered may also affect your credit rating "

your legally obliged to respond..... YOU.... the LEGAL YOU

MR JOE BLOGGS ...... the PERSON

i bet your mom didn't name you..... MR JOE BLOGGS ( in capitals )

That is the legal representation of YOU...... the person.....

my mom named me Joe Bloggs and i am not person i am a MAN.....

It's all legalese.....

There is no Law that says you have to register

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
@Silcone Synapse and Syspiria
Thank you for both your comments, confidence building at least!
Rainbows
jane

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by truetrigger

Thank you. I am aware of the differences you pointed out. Maybe I am being a bit slow today, but are you saying I have no choice but to complete the form and therefore comply to what basically ammounts to our elected government threatening us the people who put them there in the first place?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If you do not add yourself to the electoral roll then you don't get to vote. If you don't vote then you cannot complain about your lot in life.

I think the electoral roll is also used for Jury service selection.

Why opt out. If you are a responsible citizen then you should opt in.

Regards

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

www.tpuc.org...

Visit the forum .......

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Your points are very valid. However as I quoted John Lennon and what has happened in Belgium and Iceland, we can change things simply by not complying especially to threats of fines and imprisonment by the people WE the people put there in the first place!
Whatever happened to the old fashioned priveledge and honour of being allowed to represent your people and country by your people?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by truetrigger

www.tpuc.org...

Visit the forum .......

Thanks for the link. Will have a look through the Acts and Charters too, might give me a clue as to how to handle this without compromising my beliefs and at the same time knowing I have made a small albeit insignificant stance to the attacks on our right to free will and choice.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
You may wish to stop driving a car as well. If you don't drive a car properly the right wing fascist marxists will fine you or even send you to prison. The evil cads!

And while you're at it, best opt out of refuse collection, eh. Just to be safe. We've all heard the stories!

Where does it all end?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

lol!
I'm not that extreme! Just don't like bullies and being threatened especially by people who we have said...."go forth and represent us with our blessing" and then they turn on us in more ways than one.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
Your points are very valid. However as I quoted John Lennon and what has happened in Belgium and Iceland, we can change things simply by not complying especially to threats of fines and imprisonment by the people WE the people put there in the first place!

Actually, if you are not on the electoral roll and therefore don't vote, then you have opted out of the “we the people” option. If you do not vote then you do not contribute to the democratic process and therefore have relinquished your right to complain about what you may perceive to be "unfair" laws. My advice would be to get on the electoral roll then you can bang-on as much as you like, secure in the knowledge that you are righteous and a voter.

We may all think Iceland and Belgium are well served by having a dysfunctional political system, but they are not.

Also, a fine for not doing something (or doing something) is normal. Take speeding. If it’s a law, then it’s a law. I think the law’s correct in this case and just wish that it was more robustly applied, so not much sympathy from me. Sorry.

Regards

top topics

join