It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Microwave Oven: Is it actually hurting us? Likely so it appears...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

i helped my daughter do a science project about using microwaved water verses tap water to see if their was a difference...all the bean sprouts died with the microwaved water.i was shocked.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstatic

i helped my daughter do a science project about using microwaved water verses tap water to see if their was a difference...all the bean sprouts died with the microwaved water.i was shocked.

Did she do a 3rd group of thermally boiled water to show it wasn't just the boiling?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

yeah, it always seems my testicles get a little smaller each time I nuke some food...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Very good thread, I say!

Informative, interesting, and all together terrifying, yet not at all surprising.

It's good to hear these things from a medical viewpoint on the cellular level so we can better understand these things IMO.

Confirmed my suspicions tbh, # microwaves!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
You know of course, that even if water would "change" on a molecular level, it'll still be just water? Right? Just Hydrogen and Oxygen. And hell yeah, that does happen, even just naturally. The water molecule (normally 2 hydrogen 1 oxygen atoms) can accept two additional hydrogen atom bonds in certain circumstances. Happens in the nature all the time.

But still, it's just water and nothing to be alarmed about. Get off your crazy theories already.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Did you allow the water to cool down after you got it out of the microwave oven?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Your post is very good and thought provoking. So many scientific inventions have been commercialized before their impact on human health and environment has been properly assessed.

Our Vedic system says that the best way to prepare food is by boiling in water. The vedic people ate toasted or untoasted grain (made into a gruel) and legumes which were boiled in water. The condiment was sea salt and purified butter. And they lived 100 years or more without disease and were physically strong.

They drank scalded cow milk. (means milk which just reaches boiling temperature and then left to cool off). Other milk products used were curd, butter and buttermilk.

They ate leafy greens and fruits as seasonably available, but bulk of the diet was grains, legumes and milk.

They ate no meat or eggs.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Did you allow the water to cool down after you got it out of the microwave oven?

From what I understand that's the standard way to perform the test.

You boil one cup on the stove, and the other in the microwave. Let the both cool off to room temp, then water your two plants. Make sure to they are potted and inside because you don't want rain water to screw up the test.

Try it yourself and let us know your results.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by vedatruth

Your post is very good and thought provoking. So many scientific inventions have been commercialized before their impact on human health and environment has been properly assessed.

Our Vedic system says that the best way to prepare food is by boiling in water. The vedic people ate toasted or untoasted grain (made into a gruel) and legumes which were boiled in water. The condiment was sea salt and purified butter. And they lived 100 years or more without disease and were physically strong.

They drank scalded cow milk. (means milk which just reaches boiling temperature and then left to cool off). Other milk products used were curd, butter and buttermilk.

They ate leafy greens and fruits as seasonably available, but bulk of the diet was grains, legumes and milk.

They ate no meat or eggs.

That's very interesting I didn't know that. So in a way they almost seemed to have a method of pasteurization. I am going to go read up on this today tyvm.

Check out what I found on Legumes:

Legumes contain relatively low quantities of the essential amino acid methionine. To compensate, some vegetarian cultures serve legumes along with grains, which are low in the essential amino acid lysine, which legumes contain. Thus a combination of legumes with grains can provide all necessary amino acids for vegetarians. Common examples of such combinations are dal with rice by Indians, and beans with corn tortillas, tofu with rice, and peanut butter with wheat bread.

wiki

So instead of eating meat for proteins you can get them with legumes and grains. Interesting info, thanks for sharing that with me.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuoner
You know of course, that even if water would "change" on a molecular level, it'll still be just water? Right? Just Hydrogen and Oxygen. And hell yeah, that does happen, even just naturally. The water molecule (normally 2 hydrogen 1 oxygen atoms) can accept two additional hydrogen atom bonds in certain circumstances. Happens in the nature all the time.

But still, it's just water and nothing to be alarmed about. Get off your crazy theories already.

Here you can read up on it.
Isomer wiki

In particular we are discussing 'structural' isomers. The chemical formula is the same but the geometric structure is different. So it doesn't change in a molecular way, but instead in a geometric structural way.

here is more info

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Chadwickus

Are there any long term health studies carried out on this? Microwaves have been commercially available for 64 years.

One clue that might encourage you to regard these claims with some skepticism is that fact that ever since microwave ovens came on the market in 1954, not one person has ever exhibited a single symptom of any illness resulting from having eaten microwaved food, or from having used water that had been microwaved. Burns are the exception, but burns are caused by heat from any source; that's not unique to microwaves. But if you believe the claims by the anti-microwave fringe, whom I call the Microwave Militia, practically everyone on the planet should be gravely ill with cancer, radiation poisoning, malnutrition, and mental retardation.

The same chain email, and many of these web sites, also state that giving a plant water that has been microwaved will kill it. There is even a series of unsourced photographs of two plants, one of which withers and dies while its sibling flourishes. The awesome web site Snopes.com tested this particular claim. They took three plants of each of several types, and watered one with tap water, one with water that had been boiled over a stove, and the third with water that had been boiled in a microwave. Unlike whoever took the pictures that often accompany the chain email, Snopes actually controlled for other variables. I'm sure you won't have to stretch your imagination very far to guess how the plants did. They all did exactly the same. Snopes has complete details and photographs on their web site. Somehow these plants managed to escape the guaranteed death sentence that believers say microwaved water carries.

Source

Not sure if there is a Russian study to back that claim up though

Don't get me wrong, I'm not banging on the OP for looking into it, that's what this site is for, and I'm not suggesting everyone microwave everything. I'm just saying the information being passed around, much like the elenin crap, is flawed at the core by someone misunderstanding the science, then "teaching" their warped misguided view to the rest of the internet.

See, now, most people read the OP and info and immediately believed it, didn't even bother to check the source, cause someone else did that right? No, no one else does that, YOU have to do it. This is the problem with ATS and the conspiracy/truth movement at large, everyone assumes someone else did the fact checking.

edit on 13-9-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

Fantastic reply, as are many on here, but your specificaly for that last paragraph, and even more specificaly for thr phrase " someone else did that right? No, no one else does that, YOU have to do it." when refering to checking information.

If i knew how to S&F I would.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Amuoner

well done, you just proved to me that all you are concerned with is the "Current best understanding" to the detriment of "What is REALLY happening".
Everything is a frequency, some frequencies are toxic to life, it may appear to be water but something happens to the life sustaining properties of theose bound compounds when they are bombarded with high frequency microwave energy.
the water causes damage to plants when it undergoes repeated exposure to microwave energy, so, something is happening beyond the bounds of what we term "Normal" (current best belief based on observation).
Observation is implying something else is happening that is outside of Current best understanding vis a vis "belief" and also implies that in some aspect our understanding is missing something.

Some more stuff i found.
Mr. Barrie Trower, a British physicist who was a microwave weapons expert and who worked for the Royal Navy and the British Secret Service.

Barrie Trowers PDF on microwaves and toxicity.

<< 7  8  9   >>

join