It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crazy Ron Paul Followers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
As the 2012 elections near, I read and hear more and more about the "rabid" Ron Paul followers. These people are often referred to as the "fringe", and are generally ridiculed on national TV as well as in various publications. These crazies follow him around the country, they rig/overwhelm internet polls, and sing his praises all over YouTube. They INSIST that he can win, despite the fact that most of the country has never even heard of him. I guess,..... slowly..... I'm becoming one of those crazies. I want to shout his name from the roof top, I want to wrap my car in Ron Paul stickers, I want to hand out pamphlets, I want to stuff his message down everyone's throat, and here's how it happened:

First time I've ever heard of Ron Paul was in 2008 when he was trying for the Presidency. I remember seeing him in a debate on TV and finding myself relating to him. He seemed very passionate as he was speaking, and it was obvious that he truly believed in what he was preaching. The other candidates had the standard debate answers, promising the heavens to the voting public. They had their ridiculous show smiles on, while Ron Paul gave straight answers without avoiding the questions. I wondered where the hell this character came from, and whether he could win. I mentioned his name to a couple of people, and they were of the opinion that he was just too crazy and passionate. He wouldn't be able to control himself if elected. He seemed too "out there". He didn't seem too "out there" to me. He seemed honest, and unlike any other politician I've ever heard speak.

2008 came and went, Ron Paul didn't make it, but now 2012 is looming around the corner and Ron Paul is starting to look like a possibility. Suddenly more people are paying attention to him. Our current politicians failed us miserably. Things aren't getting better, they're getting worse. People are in desperate need for something better. They need someone in Washington who won't sell them out. Who is one of the only Congressmen who has a consistent voting record to uphold the Constitution? Ron Paul. Who accurately predicted our economic future if things didn't change in DC? Ron Paul. Who continues to protest the wars and outrageous spending habits? Ron Paul.

I have NEVER been this excited over any political candidate, EVER. It's a strange new feeling for me. Why do I feel the need to shout his name from the roof top? Because I am SICK and TIRED of the puppets the Democrats and Republicans give us to choose from every election. I am sick of their twinkling eyes, sparkling smiles and polished, politically-correct answers. I'm sick of them supporting big Government, lots of spending, selling out to big Corporations, and screwing with our lives. I'm sick of them poking and prodding us wherever we go, stealing our right to privacy and prosperity. I'm sick of the figureheads. I want someone REAL representing me. I want that person to tell me exactly how it is, and do what it takes to fix it.

By no means do I believe that Ron Paul is perfect in every way, but I really do believe he has our best interest in mind. I truly believe that he is the sort of politician who would benefit not only the Independents or Republicans, but also the Democrats. I feel that he would do a great job at uniting all of us. Do I believe he would be able to fix everything right away? Of course not. It will take at least a decade to get this country back on track, but I think he'll set it in the right direction, and a lot faster than any of these other sell-outs running for office.

I want to make sure that everyone around me knows who Ron Paul is, and why they should vote for him. I feel like he is our only hope. I want people to open their eyes and help make a real change in this country. Sometimes I truly feel hopeless. I really feel like I'm watching America fall to pieces. It seems like every day it's getting harder and harder to survive, and if we keep electing these clowns, we'll never get out of this rut. They'll continue to destroy us until there's nothing left to take. I think (and maybe I'm wrong) Ron Paul followers feel a certain desperation to get back to the Constitutional U.S. and the way it was intended to be, so that we may become the great nation that we can be. It would be nice not to have to feel fear across the globe for having an American passport. It would be nice not to have to fear that our soldiers are going to be sent into an unjust war, dying for an unjust cause. It would be nice not to have billions of our tax dollars going to dictatorships.

Is Ron Paul the superhero some of us crazies make him out to be? I can only speak for myself, but I say he's close.
He's only human, he may fail even if he wins, but we have to try. Nobody else is standing up for us.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Welcome to the club! Crazy Ron Paul supporter since 2007. You pretty much summed up how I was during the last election. I have mellowed out a bit, but he is still the only candidate I will vote for.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
AMEN TO THAT.. i love the guy, the idea behind the guy and his supporters. RP 2012.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Maybe one of these days, he'll actually be included in one of these debates. Right now,MSM is ignoring him to the point, that he can't even get a few decent questions in a debate. Frustrating as hell. I feel bad for Ron. He's up against so much evil and power, it'll always be a struggle.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

I too endorse Ron Paul. He is the only hope for the US from the group of candidates we have. There are some things were I disagree with him on, but on the whole I am firmly behind him. Of course even if he became president, he wouldn't be able to get everything he wants. The legislative branch would stop him.
But RP won't be elected president. Both parties are scared to death of anyone who actually votes their principles. The media helps this by marginalizing RP. Journalists also know that they can get any candidate to change their vote by simply showing them a 2% gain in the polls if they vote a certain way. All the candidates, except one, have shown that they will do this (Obama included).
The mass of Americans are ignorant when it comes to their elected leaders. They will vote for whoever has the best 30 sec. sound-bite and raises the most money.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
hey hes teh only person in history to not change what he says and actually predicted almost everything thats happen...after 3o + years im sure he knows what hes talking about

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I'm with you. Thank God he actually has a chance this time around, despite media bias and censorship. His campaign is well organized, creative, and has even more money this time around. They clearly learned a great deal from their mistakes in 2008, plus the timing is better than it's ever been given the state of the economy.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
What's different about Paul is that he reminds the people they aren't children, and that the government isn't our parents! We need to realize, that if we continue this ideology that the government is going to take care of us until the day we die, and that we're going to get all of the 'love' equally, and then are somehow immune from all of their mistakes, we're out of our damn minds!
edit on 9/13/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
You guys are all falling into this subtle honey trap.

TPTB do NOT let anyone exist that actually and legitimately threatens their hegemony. The fact that Ron Paul has been around and saying this stuff over thirty years proves he is part of the "controlled opposition".

Just to give you the idea that maybe you DO have a chance to change something, and keep you from getting too riled up about how bad everything is.

It keeps all those who might actually start shooting otherwise occupied. Most people, correction, more people are starting to see through the voting for either Tweedledum or Tweedledee election process. People are starting to realize that Democrat or Republican, Liberal or Conservative means NOTHING when they all play for the same team.

He won't win, but it will keep the millions of people who think he has a chance busy and distracted, rather than stocking up on ammo, pitchforks and torches.

If he was a real threat to them, he would have a car accident, plane crash, or suicide long ago.

SO spend all your time, money and energy supporting Ron Paul rather than finally seeing that the entire "democratic process" is a complete sham, and actually DOING something about it.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

TPTB do NOT let anyone exist that actually and legitimately threatens their hegemony. The fact that Ron Paul has been around and saying this stuff over thirty years proves he is part of the "controlled opposition".

Just to give you the idea that maybe you DO have a chance to change something, and keep you from getting too riled up about how bad everything is.

It keeps all those who might actually start shooting otherwise occupied. Most people, correction, more people are starting to see through the voting for either Tweedledum or Tweedledee election process. People are starting to realize that Democrat or Republican, Liberal or Conservative means NOTHING when they all play for the same team.

He won't win, but it will keep the millions of people who think he has a chance busy and distracted, rather than stocking up on ammo, pitchforks and torches.

If he was a real threat to them, he would have a car accident, plane crash, or suicide long ago.

SO spend all your time, money and energy supporting Ron Paul rather than finally seeing that the entire "democratic process" is a complete sham, and actually DOING something about it.

Even if what you say were true, that still leaves us with nobody else except him. If I have five lemmings to choose from and one lemming happens to spout the same beliefs I hold, that's the lemming I'm going to have to vote for. I can vote and hope the process isn't rigged, or I can sit at home and do nothing at all, which accomplishes just slightly less than the act of voting in a (possibly) rigged poll.

I can tell you that people are getting fed up with the current process. If the next candidate/President doesn't deliver on his (or her) promises, people are going to react. Speaking from a personal standpoint, this hope and desperation for a Ron Paul victory came from somewhere. It was cultivated by the terrible actions of the preceding presidencies. I'm not the only one who feels the rage, and one of these days (maybe very soon) people are going to act on that rage either at the voting booths or in the streets. You can't just declare the process a sham, you have to have proof of that first. Are there signs or indications that it may be? Yes, but it's not enough. Not yet.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

Nice rant....help me here. What are YOU doing about it. I would like to know, so I may find something I may do about it as well. Or are you one of those people who rant BS, and cannot back it up? I really hope you are doing something about it, that I can be a part of.

So Captain Chaos...Are you full of doodoo?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The way I see it is you're preaching to the choir in here.I see quite a bit of Ron Paul support on ATS but very little elsewhere,your post would probably make more of a difference on a left wing site.Quite a few disgruntled people there.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by stillsearchin

Damn!! I'm not even from the States and I'd vote for him. My friends and I were all together last night for a bit of poker at home and all of them coming from different European countries would vote for him too. I'm Swiss by the way but live in Spain and seriously if one can't see that he represents good change compared to the rest you are obviously on a different mentality scheme and think differently about the needs of your country, which is cool of course just not the same as people who actually see change in this man. You know what i'm sayin?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by stillsearchin
The way I see it is you're preaching to the choir in here.I see quite a bit of Ron Paul support on ATS but very little elsewhere,your post would probably make more of a difference on a left wing site.Quite a few disgruntled people there.

Thats a great idea, Does anyone know of any left wing forums. Come one Ron fans!!!! Lets get the message out to the ones on the fence. Our work is done here. The ATS polls speak for themselves. Time to spread the message.

So i ask again. Does anyone know of any leftwing forums to which we can get the word out?
edit on 13-9-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
His party won't pick him because he can't be bought.

So when he doesn't make the ballot - make him your "write in" vote!

That's what I will do.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by stillsearchin

I've noticed. Just thought I'd put my .02 in there with the rest. I was browsing YouTube yesterday and didn't realize how many people use it to support him in this campaign. I must have sat there for three hours just watching people rant or pipe in with their opinions on the current state of things. By the time I was done I felt like a "crazy", obsessed person looking for more Ron Paul videos. I realized that I felt a deep frustration in regard to my voting choices for next year, and I guess it felt good to hear other people come to the same realization. They weren't rabid or crazy, they were just frustrated like I am and wanted others to realize that we do have a better choice in the next election if only we open our eyes and ears. Where else would I post my Ron Paul rant if not on ATS?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
You must enjoy going to the racetrack and betting on the ones ready for the glue factory.
Yes, it is your right to throw away your own money on what you want just like your vote, but is a long essay on this foolishness really necessary?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
You must enjoy going to the racetrack and betting on the ones ready for the glue factory.
Yes, it is your right to throw away your own money on what you want just like your vote, but is a long essay on this foolishness really necessary?

It's about as necessary as your reply to it.
I'd rather vote for the guy I believe in than vote for the guy I don't believe in, but know he's got better chances of winning the popular vote. If all the people who vote based on someone's chances of winning would actually vote for the guy or girl they believe in, maybe the right people would finally find their way to the Presidency.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

How much are you getting paid for all your posts? Do you think anyone ever believes a word you say? I know that every time I see a Ron Paul thread, good ol' TinfoilTP will be there to add his devalued .02...

As a matter of fact though for anyone who says Ron Paul supporters are all online - The CPAC was not online. The Republican Leadership Conference was not online. The Ames, Iowa straw poll was not online. His donations, well... yeah, they're online but he raises millions within 24-48 hours CONSISTENTLY. While we're on that note, he also has the most donations from active duty and veterans of the military. Beating all other GOP candidates combined.

His support base is real.

Oh, btw he won the IN PERSON straw poll after last night's debate. CNN didn't report it of course but local media did.

For more information on how to help Ron Paul win - Click on my signature.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Fellow ATSers, another avenue we MUST use to show our support for Ron Paul is by word of mouth to family members and friends. I cannot tell you how many close relatives I have spoken with who have never even considered RP as a legitimate candidate, because they are too engrained with status quo. On one hand, they all agree that politicians are too corrupt these days and seem to hate them all, yet on the other hand, they continue to believe in false promises and support candidates that will not truly push for change. Talk about RP to your grandparents, parents, cousins, and co-workers and then, maybe then, we will get somewhere. Simply ranting on ATS and other forums isn't going to do it, especially given that mainstream media is not going to make him out to be a front-running candidate. Please, if you feel strongly about him, talk about him with the people who matter most. Word of mouth can go a long way.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join