It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September 15, 2011: EARTHQUAKE DOOM?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ffb33ec5acce.jpg[/atsimg]

Don't forget the bean dip!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
This guy sounds 188 sandwiches short of a picnic. As soon as he mentioned the bible I thought oh here we go.. whats he trying to sell me??

If it does happen I will become a christian-AH redeem my soul-AH and praise jesus until i am in the kingdom of heaven-AH. Until then I'll carry on following a better belief system, science & probability.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

This is ATS, so expect the end of world at least 3 times a week

But its not all bad, I find this the best site to get breaking news, because nobody watched the news more closely than people expecting the world to end any minute now.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by buskey

Give him a star son, for humour. Credit where credit's due.

And it was bloody hilarious.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by CeeRZ

Well, I've been here since 2004 and it seems we get front row seats about once a month to some end of the world countdown.....

Did I mention how good Cheetos are at a time like this?

Even better than cheetos are the Cheese Puffs by Kroger
mmmmmm fake cheetos. AND, they help with the aftertaste from cigars!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

Ok...One more day......

Everyone got their Cheetos?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Well it's 2am EST on september 15th, nothing yet... so I will just wait for someone to call me ignorant for not waiting another 22 hours.

This sounds interesting though, but to be honest I haven't really crunched the numbers on the 188 days. If it does hit I just hope I'm not sitting on crapper when my building goes down.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I turn 40 tomorrow. So if there is an earthquake anywhere near the west, you know it is me stomping my feet in a temper tantrum! LOL

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by LightAssassin

Originally posted by LightAssassin
I prefer this one

:up

Much nicer graphic!
Symmetry achieved!

I will say one thing though. Somehow I missed the 188 day apart thing...or had completely forgotten about it.

What a crazy fact.

edit on 12-9-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

pretty neat map if all data are true

wonder what will be the highest magnitude for on/around today the 15th..

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Well this thread doesn't help matters.

Yellowstone Quakes are Happening Very Near 7.3 Mag Epicenter of 1959 Hebgen Lake Quake

Damn it!!! Leave me alone with my Cheetos in peace!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Almost midnight here in Berkeley - it's almost the 15th

I am going to bed.

God Bless ya'll and be SAFE!

stop crunching those chitos so loud loam

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Dare I say a 7.3 at Yellowstone.

Look at the size of the quakes. 8.8, 7.1, 9.0,.....7.3?

I can here you from here in little ole Adelaide. 4:32pm on the 15th here....but it'll be in your time me thinks.
edit on 15-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I understand where he draws his conclusions for the date it will occur, since he's using this 188 day pattern. But I believe he also said that it's going to be a 12-15 magnitude quake. So where did those numbers come from? Suddenly a crazy youtube preacher is also a geologist.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by centrifugal
I understand where he draws his conclusions for the date it will occur, since he's using this 188 day pattern. But I believe he also said that it's going to be a 12-15 magnitude quake. So where did those numbers come from? Suddenly a crazy youtube preacher is also a geologist.

Does the scale even go that high? I thought it stopped at 10.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64

Originally posted by centrifugal

Does the scale even go that high? I thought it stopped at 10.

No idea, as I don't pretend to be a geologist lol. Thanks for mentioning that though, I'm going to look it up now.

I should get my lifetime supply of diet coke stockpiled just as a precaution.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Ok so I just looked it up on wikipedia, and it does not end at 10. But an earthquake has never been recorded on earth that was higher than a 9.5.

Just making an educated guess based on my 5 minutes of wikipedia research, a magnitude 15 would probably kill everyone on earth without needing any help from yellowstone.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
USGS

7.3 Fiji region

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duby78
USGS

7.3 Fiji region

yeah but not in the location predicted. But yes I do find it very interesting.
anyways, September 15th isn't over yet. There's still time for a large EQ near cali.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'm gonna CandP this from another thread. "Things are heating up in California" I think it's relevant.

The 7.3 today and the 2 other most recent quake's are around the "ring of fire". all three events were above 6.0. One was on the north edge of the pacific plate, one was on the north eastern edge, the last on the southern edge of the plate. I think you need to look at the eastern edge of that plate for upcoming activity. Thats the west coast of the US. I used EQ3D
download.cnet.com...
edit on 15-9-2011 by NervousNJerky because: These are my thoughts, posted in the other thread.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well.

Sept. 15th and nada...nothing. Well, unless I'm mistaken. I'm aware of the earthquake in/near Fiji but not in Cali...?
Hope it doesn't happen anyhow. I don't want a bunch of peeps to die.

<< 1    3 >>

join