It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anybody know what this bright blue object in the sky might be?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
After watching the video, I noticed a couple of other flares in the frame that would move when the person recording would move. The area that is in question does not seem to move as the other lighter shaded lense flares do.

I am wondering if the person who recorded this saw the object without the camera and that is what made him decide to record it.

If I was a betting person, I would say lense flare.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Can Venus be seen in daylight? Didn't realise.

Venus can usually be seen with the naked eye at sunrise. An hour before and maybe up to an hour after on a clear day. Venus is known in literature as the "Morning Star"
edit on 13-9-2011 by GrassyKnoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The 2 objects being filmed seemed different from the provided debunk film. Never seen a lense flare come back an entirely different color and with that kind of intensity/distance from original object.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
In the first video, why is the cameraman panning down to the horizon before panning left? He does it twice "to get some perspective", as if to demonstrate that the object in question is not caused by lens flare, but the camera never pans left while pointed up towards the sun. Why? Because it would show the mysterious object moving and distorting with the movement of the camera lens, an obvious flare effect. His clever use of panning "just to get perspective" attempts to demonstrate that this is no hoax, but he consistently manipulates the orientation of the camera so as to preserve the lens flare effect. Total hoax.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GrassyKnoll

It's also known as the evening star.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

Hmm the guy taking the vid knows NOTHING about comets. First off comets don't look like dots in the sky, they have a huge tail.

Also, this looks pretty CGI to me.

Heh

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Okay, gonna post my opinion. Let's say, for arguments sake, that something wicked this way comes. Let's say that all of mankind is destroyed in an absolute blaze of glory in 2012 by whatever nefarious thing that is heading our way.

Whatever it is, if it's big enough to destroy us, then most certainly, we don't have anything even remotely close enough to destroy it with.

I'm not going to spend how many days that I may have left, worrying about it.

I plan to get laid, and party like it's 1999....

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
Did anyone hear the audio at the beginning? " That's weird, I wonder why you can't see it with your eyes."

because its lens flair

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

vid 1 = lens flare , the audio is a dead give away

vid 2 = a picture of lens flare

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The thing about this is...just about anyone with a camera can test this. Just take your cellphone out and start snapping some pics/video of the sun. After reading this yesterday I took a pic after I got off work and saw the same thing as shown.

I didn't fully test it out as I didn't have time, but having taken the picture myself, it didn't look like it's anything more than some type of lens flare. Though I'm sure something like it can easily be used to trick people if displayed in the right context

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I don't always agree, but guys Phage is probably right, this is on most of these cameras, try it yourself.

If you look at the linked thread this is shown properly.

I though don't hold the view that Planet X or a companion star or a large returning planet or whatever, is not just "woo laa laa" but quite probable, based on history, earth change patterns and the way the universe seems to be made up.

Kind Regards,

Elf

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join