It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Post-Debate Thoughts (9/12)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Just finished watching the live coverage of the debate, and I entered without any bias (well for the most part).

I was actually slightly impressed with most of the answers coming from the candidates, minus the fact that most of them were parroting Ron Pauls policies. The only candidate I was extremely underwhelmed by is Rick Perry. He was on the defense nearly the entire time, and didn't do justice to any of the questions. Shame that he was given so much time.

Gingrich and Santorum answered well, except for the question on foreign policy and 9/11. I loath Santorum for the way he demagogued.

Ron Paul did exceptional, although he wasn't given much speaking time in comparison to Perry/Romney (both of which I was underwhelmed by). Paul handled the response regarding 9/11 how it should of been yet some braindead drones in the audience booed him.

That's my analysis for now.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
Just finished watching the live coverage of the debate, and I entered without any bias (well for the most part).

I was actually slightly impressed with most of the answers coming from the candidates, minus the fact that most of them were parroting Ron Pauls policies. The only candidate I was extremely underwhelmed by is Rick Perry. He was on the defense nearly the entire time, and didn't do justice to any of the questions. Shame that he was given so much time.

Gingrich and Santorum answered well, except for the question on foreign policy and 9/11. I loath Santorum for the way he demagogued.

Ron Paul did exceptional, although he wasn't given much speaking time in comparison to Perry/Romney (both of which I was underwhelmed by). Paul handled the response regarding 9/11 how it should of been yet some braindead drones in the audience booed him.

That's my analysis for now.

I agree with what you are saying I think the people that booed did not give or understand what Ron Paul was trying to say I still say Ron Paul is the way to go he wants to cut all the useless spending we all talk about cutting and he is on point with most true Americans.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Perry is out of the race and so is Hunstman and Santorum.

Bachman, Mitt, and Paul will remain.

Bachman and Santorum dropped bombs on Rick Perry and he was never the same the rest of the debate. He is a good states politician but this is only because he is good at rigging local elections. He cannot handle the major leagues. Done Finito..Ponzi Scheme comment on top of Monsterous lie then in state tuition for illegals? haha yeah your gone buddy.

Mitt still cannot capture the audience. Newt..hehe...just cannon fodder trying to direct attention away from Rick Perry's lack of executive experience. But he could not help tonight Rick Perry dug the grave for his election after Bachman and Santorums bombs.

Ron Paul won. Bottom line..They were all given air time to parrot Ron Pauls policies but everyone wants Paul not other people trying to implement his policies.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I find it disturbing that the media is thrusting upon us Ron Paul clones while ignoring the man who championed these ideas.

I mean to not ask Ron Paul about the Federal Reserve, are you kidding me???

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
i want paul to be president, but i think the 9/11 response was damaging. not because it was untrue, but i don't think there is a lot of the country that wants to hear that. he got booed, too, louder than perry, and i hope it's not going to be even more damaging when his opponents use that footage in their ads.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
My thoughts are that all of them are soulless puppets, each with a bilderberger hand up their a**.

None of these people have a single redeeming quality.

Politics is a career for them, a BUSINESS.

(Yes, even Ron...) They will say what they have to to get the job; then do what they have to to KEEP that job.

Satan's taint is cleaner than any of these people's conscience!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RoswellCityLimits

I really hope you rethink that. You're saying that Satans taint is cleaner than the conscience of a man who's been a practicing doctor all his life, along with the political career that brought 30+ years of consistent policy making and retaining the Constitutional integrity of this country; is a clear insult based on the grounds that every politician in existence is a Bilderberg shill.

That's not denying ignorance, that's embracing it.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

I agree. Part of me wants to see him take the gloves off completely because I felt he struggled trying not to go overboard with the 9/11 question, but if he did he would surely lose a ton of votes. Too many people need more than a lesson in Austrian Economics.

I can't (ok I can) believe some of the questions he's been asked the last 2 weeks. "Would you let a child go without a school lunch?" "Would you let the uninsured man DIE?" Then ignore him when talking about the federal reserve.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Oh? So...all you have to do is be a doctor and career politician to be trustworthy?!?

(...you're right, BTW...I did generalize...I meant to indicate that anyone that rises thru the ranks to be in a national GOP debate should not be trusted...the GOP should not be trusted. POLITICIANS SHOULD NOT BE TRUSTED.)

...and satan's taint is overly clean, to be fair...he's OCD...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

the booing at ron paul was disrespectfully at very best
i want to know just who booed at ron paul?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Yes, tis a much better policy to lay down and wait for the Galactic Federation which will appear behind Elenin at exactly the 10/28/11 and let them save us all from the humanity we live in. Thats a much more "prudent" idea.

Do you think I should sell my business now or right before they arrive? I sure would not want to miss the chance at giving them some of my gold in return for safe harbor.. Ill tell you this much.. If this market crashes back to 9 or 8 you can bet dollars to donuts I am going to be buying everything that is owned by much larger healthier parent company stocks
.That includes your house after you and your Galactic buddies zoom away into space to enjoy..whatever it is you enjoy. Hope you don't mind..promise to mow the lawn.

In not so many words..we need to fix what we have instead of bash its head in and just say F it. I see snakes up there talking all slithering around Ron Paul trying to bring him down because every bought and paid for candidate that is up there knows that they have nothing to lose if they do not get the nomination. That is why there is so many of them even when most know they have not a snow ball's chance in hell of getting the nomination.

God bless ya Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

You're joking... So for you to be a trustworthy person, you'd have to.. save the planet? Ron Paul may not be perfect but he's been going after the presidency since before 1988; I suppose you're suggesting that he's some sort of sleeper cell programmed to awaken at the moment of presidential election, and commit to acts of incredible hypocrisy and atrocity because the Bilderbergs said so...

Ok, that's your opinion.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

Ron Paul has successfully defended this position so many times in the past. The wording just wasn't there tonight.

edit on 12-9-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I liked how CNN refused to ask Ron Paul the question on the Federal Reserve when it came up. Thats like having a debate on basketball and ignoring Michael Jordan.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
"Nye-nye-nine"

Yeah you made a good point about the other candidates leeching off of Ron Pauls position on lots of issues.

Santorum is an idiot, and people booing reality is pretty indicative of how brainwashed Americans really are.

I respect how Bachmann talks about following the Constitution alot, but I think she doen't really have anything much to add other than "Obamacare" and bragging rights about she led this opposition, was against that, or whatever.

Ron Paul did a good job tonight, but that coma question seemed to me like they tried to make him look bad, a "gotchya" question as Gingrich would put it. But to be fair they threw some curveballs at Perry too, like the forced vaccinations, but I came downstairs after the debate and of course CNN was busy describing the benefits of this vaccination and what not.

Rick Perry is an idiot, I think he's comparable to Bush.

Huntsman did better than I thought he would.

Romney is as much of a puppet as Rick Perry, two sides of the same coin if you will. Rick Perry is offended at the suggestion that he was bought out for $5,000, and I can see why:
He's not some bum that'll settle for the first wad of cash that comes his way, he's talking backroom deals, strings attached, you name it.
edit on 12-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I can't (ok I can) believe some of the questions he's been asked the last 2 weeks. "Would you let a child go without a school lunch?" "Would you let the uninsured man DIE?"

As over the top as the questions were framed, they represent serious issues with libertarian/Tea Party/Republican politics that deserve to be discussed.

Massive government cutting, especially of social programs, could easily end up bankrupting and even killing thousands if not millions of people. People are ignorant of how dependent our lives truly are on our government.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Old77

Awful long diatribe there, Mayng.

Amazing what you think you know about me because of my avatar, eh? Probably think I believe aliens have visited the earth, eh? (I don't). I hope you didn't pass those powers of observation on to any children, as the world has enough people that are ready to mock another based off of what they THINK reality is.

I find people like you in every thread, esp. the Ancient Aliens thread I started. You reek of bully-stench.

Bully.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

No, I'm suggesting that, since he's made a living off of politics for a decade+...he's not to be trusted. Period. Especially a career republican, or democrat...ANY career crimin...er...I mean, Politician.

Y'all need to stop fluffing Ron Paul's junk, too. Seriously.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoswellCityLimits

No, I'm suggesting that, since he's made a living off of politics for a decade+...he's not to be trusted. Period. Especially a career republican, or democrat...ANY career crimin...er...I mean, Politician.

Whether or not hes made a living out of politics just look at his record and then make conclusions on whether you think the he is honest or not, and in this case Ron Pauls record supports him being honest and determined unlike the others on the stage

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoswellCityLimits

Ron Paul is a doctor... he made a living delivering children. Ron Paul is not a career politian he does however have a excelent record of constantly supporting the constitution and what this country was founded on. Ron Paul is about as close you can get to trusting a politian because we know through his record that he cant be bought out.

The basic rule of thumb here is if the media is supporting someone, dont vote for them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join