It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Reads Psalm 46 at 9/11 Ceremony

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

So, now it's obama doing religious pandering. Pitiful ...

That sounds reasonable. As part of campaigning. And the choice of text appeases the Zionists(Jewish and Christian) because that is a text about Jerusalem's victory over all the nations, including the US.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

i do agree that its pandering for 3 solid years nothing and hten bam sinking poll numbers and losing support across a broad spectrum of americans he decides to go after the last bastion of potential supporters.

everthing that man does is according to plan and that plan is another 4 more years.

by any means necessary
edit on 12-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena

So, now it's obama doing religious pandering. Pitiful ...

That sounds reasonable. As part of campaigning. And the choice of text appeases the Zionists(Jewish and Christian) because that is a text about Jerusalem's victory over all the nations, including the US.

No, not reasonable. Because obama doesn't believe a word he's saying when he speaks about God.

That's why it's called pandering. In other words, lies told to get votes.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

No, not reasonable. Because obama doesn't believe a word he's saying when he speaks about God.

Then one of his staff picked the verse? or campaign manager?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Then one of his staff picked the verse? or campaign manager?

Quite possibly. But how does that even matter when it is obama delivering the words, except to further prove obama's insincerity by having other people choose his words?

It's only being done to try and use false witness to get votes.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
There's nothing Christian about the Psalm he read. It's a pure Zionist "victory over the whole world" Psalm.

Jews in the Obama Administration
David Axelrod (2009-2011) Senior Advisor to the President
Jared Bernstein (2009-2011) Chief Economist and Economic Policy Advisor to the Vice President
Danielle Borrin (2009- ) Special Assistant for Intergovernmental Affairs and Public Engagement to the Vice President
Rahm Emanuel (2009-2010) Chief of Staff
Lee Feinstein (2009) Campaign Foreign Policy Advisor
Gary Gensler (2009- ) Chair of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission
Elena Kagan (2009-2010) Solicitor General of the United States
Ronald Klain (2009-2011) Chief of Staff to the Vice President
Jacob Lew (2010- ) Director of the Office of Management and Budget
Eric Lynn (2009- ) Middle East Policy Advisor
Peter Orszag (2009-2010) Director of the Office of Management and Budget
Dennis Ross (2009- ) Special Advisor for the Gulf and Southwest Asia to the Secretary of State
Mara Rudman (2009- ) Foreign Policy Advisor
Mary Schapiro (2009- ) Chair of the Securities and Exchange Commission
Dan Shapiro (2009- ) Head of Middle East/North Africa desk at the National Security Council; U.S. Ambassador to Israel
Susan Sher (2009-2011) First Lady's Chief of Staff
Steven Simon (2011- ) Head of Middle East/North Africa desk at the National Security Council
Gene Sperling (2011- ) Director National Economic Council
James B. Steinberg (2009- ) Deputy Secretary of State
Lawrence Summers (2009-2011) Director National Economic Council
Mona Sutphen (2009-2011) Deputy White House Chief of Staff

I don't know why Americans seem to think that Zionist overlordship of the US is Okay.
I guess any old verse out of the Bible is Okay for Christians.

No one cares that the President reads a verse subjecting the US to a god of destruction, as a defeated nation in chains?

edit on 12-9-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

. . .
What is this? Doesn't America get to have its own God? No? God of Jacob? Isn't that Israel? Why should the US be stuck with Yahweh the god of Israel?

Anyone who believes in YHWH are a part of His people . . . Israel.

Hint: Yosef's coat of many colors.

PS 46:8 Come and see the works of the LORD,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.

PS 46:9 He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth;
he breaks the bow and shatters the spear,
he burns the shields with fire.

PS 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

Oh, I begin to see. Yahweh is the "god" of desolations. He brings desolations on the earth. So Americans want to be part of doing the desolations, rather than having the desolations done in US. Therefore the US must exalt Yahweh god of destruction before the whole earth.

Apparently you missed the second part of your quote.

You know, the breaking of all weapons and the ceasing of wars.

Some study is in order as to why the destruction comes. Pro-tip . . . it is in the last passage you quoted in the above passages.

How does that piece of the US Constitution go? "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; ..." But Presidents seem to be free to place their country under the yoke of a foreign god?

I did not know that the president making a speech equates to congress establishing a religion.

And what of his free excercise thereof?

You guys always miss that last part.

You have read have you not, that Yahweh doesn't allow freedom of religion?

Oh, He does indeed allow freedom of religion. Practice anything you like or nothing at all. But just like our free society, there is also consequences for your actions.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

. . .
What is this? Doesn't America get to have its own God? No? God of Jacob? Isn't that Israel? Why should the US be stuck with Yahweh the god of Israel?

Anyone who believes in YHWH are a part of His people . . . Israel.

Hint: Yosef's coat of many colors.

PS 46:8 Come and see the works of the LORD,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.

PS 46:9 He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth;
he breaks the bow and shatters the spear,
he burns the shields with fire.

PS 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

Oh, I begin to see. Yahweh is the "god" of desolations. He brings desolations on the earth. So Americans want to be part of doing the desolations, rather than having the desolations done in US. Therefore the US must exalt Yahweh god of destruction before the whole earth.

Apparently you missed the second part of your quote.

Some study is in order as to why the destruction comes. Pro-tip . . . it is in the last passage you quoted in the above passages.

How does that piece of the US Constitution go? "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; ..." But Presidents seem to be free to place their country under the yoke of a foreign god?

I did not know that the president making a speech equates to congress establishing a religion.

And what of his free excercise thereof?

You guys always miss that last part.

You have read have you not, that Yahweh doesn't allow freedom of religion?

Oh, He does indeed allow freedom of religion. Practice anything you like or nothing at all. But just like our free society, there is also consequences for your actions.

Unfortunately Pthena reads into the OT in a way that suits his own philosophy.

You are probably wasting your time, save it for others.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Yeah, nothing more peaceful than a totally destroyed world!

I didn't claim that it did. There is a juxtaposition, not an equation.

Practice anything you like or nothing at all. But just like our free society, there is also consequences for your actions.

Yes, I know the rules of the so-called "god of justice"

DT 13:6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. 9 You must certainly put him to death.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

Unfortunately Pthena reads into the OT in a way that suits his own philosophy.

You are probably wasting your time, save it for others.

You are probably correct (and that goes for most of ATS lol), but I have to say my piece at least once. If it falls on deaf ears, it is not in my hands anymore.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

That sounds entirely reasonable.

I would worry more about those who DO believe what they're saying when they speak about god!

Gosh, you United Statesians are a weird lot to folk on the outside!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I haven't read in the news that the ACLU is suing Obama for reading from the bible during a government-sponsored function. Maybe they just haven't heard about it, yet. Has anyone made them aware? This an egregious offense to non-Christians and he must be made to pay for this illegal act.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I haven't read in the news that the ACLU is suing Obama for reading from the bible during a government-sponsored function.

Evidently, the vast majority of "Patriotic Americans" have no concept of what is considered "Holy Scripture", let me translate the significance of that specific Psalm.

The President of the United States gets up in front of the whole world and says:
"I, the commander in chief of the armed forces of the one and only world super power do hereby, on behalf of the nation, commit and hand over, the full force of the United States to Yahweh, the god of Israel. And hereby exalt him before the whole world."

Doesn't that strike you as an un patriotic act? Isn't that just a slight bit un American?

edit on 13-9-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Or he could just be reading prose from a book, and a bunch of irate douchebags who would hate him regardless of anything are pooping their drawers over him daring to open his mouth at all.

Really guys, you're going to kill yourselves with all this wild-eyed rage and frothing panic.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I see you are a good bit ticked off by the rather overt symbology involved in the President reading from the Bible at this event. I understand where you're coming from. But I hate to condemn him as totally evil based on incidents like this. Duplicitous, maybe.

My problem is: You can yell for him to get off the stage, but if he's only a puppet, then what have you accomplished by getting him to leave?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

I see you are a good bit ticked off by the rather overt symbology

It's the overt symbology of him reading that specific Psalm. It's the abysmal ignorance of the viewing public that has me ticked off. He can read the Bible publicly all he wants, but when he reads a Psalm specifically handing the wellbeing of the country over to Yahweh the god of Israel, that's when I blow a fuze.

Yahweh is not my god, and never will be. Must I be killed then according to the Torah, so that Yahweh's wrath doesn't fall on the whole nation? Must I die in an "honor killing" so the nation can be spared?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
The majority of black Americans that I know believe in God. More specifically they believe in Jesus Christ and the Christian Bible. In fact I have NEVER met a black atheist/agnostic in my entire lifetime though I know they exist because I have seen evidence on the interwebs.

In fact I did jury duty today in a room full of nearly 150 people and the majority of the people in the room were black and I did not see one single person opt to do a "I Confirm" rather than swearing on the Bible. I only saw two other people do a "I Confirm" out of everyone. Welcome to the bible belt lol.

The majority of Obamas voters are black Christians.

You do the math.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Its called a speech writer...

Look into it lol

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
According to the mythology of Israel, as in the Old Testament, the only time they had peace was during Solomon's rule when he married all the neighboring princesses and worshiped their Gods.
Whenever they got close to Yahweh was when all the killing was going on.
edit on 13-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join