It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Reads Psalm 46 at 9/11 Ceremony

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Obama Reads Psalm 46 at 9/11 Ceremony Link with Video.

So, what exactly are we to get from this?

PS 46:1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.

PS 46:4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.

PS 46:5 God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.

Is Obama saying the US is the city of God? Or is he using the usual Old Testament understanding that Jerusalem is the city of God? So, the US won't fall? or Jerusalem won't fall?

PS 46:6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.

PS 46:7 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.

What is this? Doesn't America get to have its own God? No? God of Jacob? Isn't that Israel? Why should the US be stuck with Yahweh the god of Israel?

PS 46:8 Come and see the works of the LORD,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.

PS 46:9 He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth;
he breaks the bow and shatters the spear,
he burns the shields with fire.

PS 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

Oh, I begin to see. Yahweh is the "god" of desolations. He brings desolations on the earth. So Americans want to be part of doing the desolations, rather than having the desolations done in US. Therefore the US must exalt Yahweh god of destruction before the whole earth.

How does that piece of the US Constitution go? "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; ..." But Presidents seem to be free to place their country under the yoke of a foreign god?

In the weeks leading up to the memorial service, controversy surrounded New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s decision to not include religious leaders or prayers in the ceremony. On Friday, Bloomberg said that a memorial service with prayers and religious leaders would be like the government forcing religion “down people’s throats.”

Regardless of Bloomberg’s decision, prayers and religious speeches were abundant at the ceremony.
President Obama, Giuliani Read Bible; Bush Mentions God At 9/11 Service

edit on 12-9-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Remember, even satan can quote scripture if it suits his agenda. I am sure O has a similar respect for God's word. I am actually surprised it wasn't a quote from the koran. I am sure that you would be less outraged if it were a quote from the koran.
edit on 12-9-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I am sure O has a similar respect for God's word.

What God? The "god" mentioned in the psalm? So are you on board with this then? Hell with human choice? You have read have you not, that Yahweh doesn't allow freedom of religion?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I am sure O has a similar respect for God's word.

What God? The "god" mentioned in the psalm? So are you on board with this then? Hell with human choice? You have read have you not, that Yahweh doesn't allow freedom of religion?

You can choose whatever you like. We have freewill to make those choices. The fact that you make a choice does not change reality though. What is, is. What is not, is not. Truth = Truth whether we like it or not.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

There you have it. Its official Jesus is the same as Allah and Christianity is the same as Islam,
according to Mayor of LA, Villaraigosa

www.latimes.com... latimes%2Fnews%2Flocal+%28L.A.+Times+-+California+|+Local+News%29

"To see people praying to the same God in different languages, to see the breadth of diversity, the people there, the Muslim and Jew, the Christians of every stripe, the Buddhist and many other religions present, to hear all of them saying 'peace be with you,' was a very cathartic and uniting experience," Villaraigosa said Sunday.

17,000 attacks in the name of Islam since 9/11

"In the decade since the 2001 attacks on the United States, terrorists have succeeded only in the murder of innocents, often from among those they claim to represent. Al-Qaida is now weaker than at any time in the decade since 9/11 — and political progress through peaceful protest in the Middle East and North Africa has shown it to be increasingly irrelevant to the future. The true expression of what people in the Muslim world aspire to was seen not at Ground Zero in 2001, but in squares and streets across the Middle East and North Africa this year. So while we remember the victims of 9/11, stand firm with our allies and remain tirelessly vigilant against future threats, we also face the future with confidence in our values and faith in human nature." — Statement from British Foreign Secretary William Hague.

Islam's Latest Contributions to Peace "Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another" Quran 48:29 2011.09.12 (Misau, Nigeria) - A suspected Boko Haram assault on a bank leaves seven dead. 2011.09.12 (Maluku, Indonesia) - Five people are killed when machete-wielding Muslims attack a Christian village on a false rumor. 2011.09.11 (Baquba, Iraq) - A journalist at a cafe bleeds to death following a Mujahid bombing. 2011.09.11 (Charkh, Afghanistan) - The bodies of six civilian contract workers are found five days after being abducted by Sunni militants. 2011.09.11 (Wardak, Afghanistan) - Children are among the casualties when Fedayeen detonate a truck bomb. 2011.09.10 (Ghazni, Afghanistan) - Religious radicals assassinate a police chief.

edit on 12-9-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I don't see the big deal, give the man a break he's just reading from the bible and it's not like he forced you to listen to it.

You guys complain about everything he does......

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Its official Jesus is the same as Allah and Christianity is the same as Islam,
according to Mayor of LA, Villaraigosa

Wow. Some Buddhists are atheists. Same god! Wow, just wait until I tell my gods about that! How will that go:

"Sirs, Ma'ams, sorry to tell you this, but you're all the same, and, well, uhm ... I don't know what to say."

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The use of scripture by these parasites should be found offensive and outrageous by anybody with even the slightest belief in higher powers, whatever those powers may be.

I have more spirituality in my phallus than all of these monsters combined.

Our beliefs are being weaponized and aimed directly at us. Look at all those that blindly vote for some douche-bag based solely on "Well, he believes in God, so I'm going to vote for him."

I am sick of these parasites using my god to pull votes from the religious throngs.

I don't blame the religious, I blame the manipulators. I blame every politico that says a pseudo-prayer at their conventions.

The Perrys and the Bachmans deserve an unspoken level of misfortune for swaying decent people to believe their lies. Obama as well.

I love my god, I really do, but to listen to these parasites use him to bring people to their corner just angers me in ways I'm not comfortable describing.

Pay them no mind when they quote scripture. They are using it against you.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

I don't see the big deal, give the man a break he's just reading from the bible and it's not like he forced you to listen to it.

You guys complain about everything he does......

I don't know who you are lumping me in with "you guys"

He didn't force me to listen, but whenever this Israelite "god" of destruction gives the orders, lots of people die. What is he called sometimes? "Yahweh of Hosts" that's armies. Who is Obama? Commander in Chief of the US military. Supposed to be my military, not the military of a foreign god. That upsets me quite severely.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

I don't blame the religious, I blame the manipulators. I blame every politico that says a pseudo-prayer at their conventions.

If the religious used their minds, they would boycott these snake oil salespeople. But the don't. So the majority of non-thinking people in my country allow me to live for the moment, but when full tyranny of the majority is made legal, I'm toast. I will blame the mob as much as the manipulators.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
If not the first, then I will be one of the first to say this.

I think the terror alert for this past weekend - 9/11/2011 - was quite possibly a false flag operation by the obama administration to take peoples minds off of all the obama administration's failures.

The alert - according to the administration - came from "credible sources". Sure.

But there was not even a hint of any real terrorist activity. Just the administration telling us to be worried about it.

Clinton did it during the Lewinsky scandals - and it worked.

So, why not obama?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This is what Obama really thinks of the bible...

During the 9/11ceremony he was a dragon speaking like a lamb.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The following video is badly edited, but it becomes very clear that Obama has a pro Islamic agenda.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX
I agreed with his statements at first (non advisability of using Bible for public policy), too bad President Obama isn't Senator Obama. President Obama doesn't seem to mind turning 180 degrees away from Senator Obama's statements.

Am I to assume that you think Bible makes good public policy?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I agreed with his statements at first (non advisability of using Bible for public policy), too bad President Obama isn't Senator Obama. President Obama doesn't seem to mind turning 180 degrees away from Senator Obama's statements.

Am I to assume that you think Bible makes good public policy?

No.

I believe in the seperation of church and state.

The only King that can possibly rule this world effectively and justly is Jesus Christ, until that day comes we have to put up with the best that mankind has to offer. Any attempt to create a peaceful one world government is only going to usher in the antichrist, which is inevitable anyway. We are moving closer to this reality with every day that passes.

The one world government will consist of:

One economy
One religion
One leader

It will come in the guise of peace.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The following video is badly edited, but it becomes very clear that Obama has a pro Islamic agenda.

1) As president he won't let Islam be denigrated (fail)
2) "This is not a Christian Nation" technically true. But after reading the Psalm in question, is this now a Judaic nation in his estimation?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

1) As president he won't let Islam be denigrated (fail)
2) "This is not a Christian Nation" technically true. But after reading the Psalm in question, is this now a Judaic nation in his estimation?

Obama has spun so many lies that even he is clouded in his own perception. He would probably give you a different answer each day of the week.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I believe in the seperation of church and state.

The only King that can possibly rule this world effectively and justly is Jesus Christ, until that day comes we have to put up with the best that mankind has to offer.

That sounds like a basis for American philosophy. As for Jesus Christ, I don't think any one should try to force him to be king, that would be cruel.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
the only thing anyone should be outraged about is for the last 3 years obama

never even mentioned the word god right up until his presidential address about killing bin laden

there have been many times the absense of the word god has been left out but what 2 times hes uttered the word peole get all upset?

nah obama is not a believer and given his poltical party is the majority of are non believers who the only time they have a problem with religion is when it comes to christianity and judaism.

funny part is i never hear them utter a bad word about islam oops sorry got off there a bit.

i dont really listen to obama and i know the dude isnt religious in the least government is his religion

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
the only thing anyone should be outraged about is for the last 3 years obama

never even mentioned the word god right up until his presidential address about killing bin laden

there have been many times the absense of the word god has been left out but what 2 times hes uttered the word peole get all upset?

But now obama realizes he needs every vote he can get, so God is back in favor in obama's speeches.

So, now it's obama doing religious pandering. Pitiful ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join