It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Political Madness: An Independent's Perspective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Excuse me for being liberal here for a minute, but that's the freedom us independents get. We don't hang on to any ideology without looking at all the sides and using basic COMMON SENSE!!!!!. The only way for us to "survive" the 21st century is to stop whining and bitching and blaming and start working together. Isn't that what a current president ran his campaign under???? Oh wait that was Bush's fault too!

But liberals love to claim how evil the other side is when faced with facts they deny it or blame Bush.

The Conservatives aren't necessarily evil for wanting businesses to succeed are they? What makes all of these products that you liberals love to share so much? Big Businesses! Who funds your schools and non-profits that you work for? Big Businesses. Without Businesses I doubt society could last long.

However, the liberals are quite right about the need for certain government and environmental regulations. They have their minds and hearts in the right place when they talk about peace and love and whatever else. But they forget that the top Liberals are the Hollywood a--holes who spend all day just thinking about stuff and creating entertainment for everyone else. Now this is a good thing too and not necessarily evil or lazy as some republicans bark. Without Entertainment well, we wouldn't be much of a society now we would we?

Both are forms of elite control and that is why I do not belong to any political party. And if you think about it, the top two political parties are not really friendly to other third party systems here in America. Even though, that's how the government was initially created for. Us independents are a small group and I am tired of both parties bickering away at the same damn thing! I am sick of having to pick a side or being insulted and having people put me on a side that I do not belong!

edit on 12-9-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

However, the liberals are quite right about the need for certain government and environmental regulations.

To a degree, I would agree. However, when it comes to a choice between the snail darter and jobs for Americans who badly need them, F the snail darter. We have plenty of pretty much every resource we need right here in America, but thanks to liberals, we can't use them.
I get tired of these treehuggers telling Americans to go with out jobs, and kowtow to muslims or dictators who control most of the oil we need. We could be energy independent and mostly resource independent if the liberals would stop their whining.

They have their minds and hearts in the right place when they talk about peace and love and whatever else.

I disagree with the whatever else. Liberals put out a lot of crap. Education should be reading, writing and arithmetic not "social awareness" and "I'm ok you're ok" and "homosexuality is just another choice like choosing wheat bread instead of white bread". What a load of crap. Let the parents teach their children morals.
Peace is almost always better than war, except when not going to war could be even worse than war. That being said, if you are going to fight a war don't half a$$ it. That just makes wars drag on and on and on ad infinitum. War is dirty and nasty and mean and people dying, even innocent people dying. That is why you go in and KILL your enemies and get the war over with. Then you come home. Hopefully the serious beat down and annihilation of their infrastructure has taught your enemy that maybe it is better to NOT poke the lion with that stick. IMO, liberals have lead to the prolonging of this war crap because they will not take responsibility for themselves. One example, weapons on airplanes. I think ALL passengers should be armed. However, once on the plane you should only have frangible rounds to reduce to chance of penetration through the skin of the craft and resulting loss of cabin pressure. Then again, liberals are responsible for much of the damage to the second amendment because most of them are too cowardly to take responsibility for their own defense. Then since they are too frightened of weapons to use them, they don't want anybody else to have them either.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Naturally, people's beliefs are molded by their surroundings. Chances are that someone is going to identify with whatever political party their parents were. They grow up hearing this and that from their parents, so those beliefs are typically passed on to them. There's two problems with the political system we have right now in my opinion. The first one is that the two party system is more of a competition than a means of diversity among decisions on behalf of the country. The majority of people who identify as left or right vote for whoever belongs to their party without actually researching candidate's platforms. It is a "we're better than you" type of argument. That isn't a democratic way to achieve a successful nation. The second problem is that Republicans and Democrats definitely seem to be going head to head for candidacy, but in the grand scheme they are really working together. They have a vision for who and what the government needs to look like. If an outsider (Ron Paul) runs for candidacy, both sides work together to make that person look irrelevant and unelectable.They can't risk losing all the incentives that both parties have already implemented, incentives that they will receive regardless of which party is in office.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
People can have whatever beliefs they want but, my main concern for any political election is what will the candidate do for the economy! It all comes down to that! Nothing else should matter at this point in this deadly game we are playing.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I suppose in the choice between natural gas and tap water that is flammable, you would choose natural gas. CORPORATIONS will not police themselves, when are you neo-cons going to figure this out. Have any of you ever traveled through a historical mining district, and stopped and asked yourselves "Why are there no trees here?", or seen the destruction that the water jet mining caused in California in the late 1800's. Your answer to everything is no regulation on corporations, however you want control over my sex life, and my wife's uterus. Seriously do y'all hypocrite much.

ETA: I am an independent, with libertarian leanings, however that being said, there isn't a republican running that would get my vote. Ron Paul has some great ideas, however, some of his ideas, will set this country back 100 years on social issues.

edit on 9/12/2011 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

ETA: I am an independent, with libertarian leanings, however that being said, there isn't a republican running that would get my vote. Ron Paul has some great ideas, however, some of his ideas, will set this country back 100 years on social issues.
Libertarian? Seriously? I have yet to meet a Libertarian that wants governmental involvement in "social issues". Admit it, you are a liberal. At least have the courage of your convictions to say what you are.

As for corporations "policing themselves", I agree 100%. They will not. Do you know why? Just like liberals, they don't believe in real responsibility albeit for different reasons. Corporations CANNOT be held criminally responsible the way a person can. They cannot be sentenced to life in prison or the death penalty. They can only be fined. This is why I oppose giving corporations the same rights as people. Our current form of corporations is one of the major problems we have in this country. Companies should only be owned by people. People that will have to act responsibly because they can be truly punished for not doing so.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouthGod

Independents even make God sick to his stomach.

Independents don't have the balls to take a stand for anything, wishy washy is another term for it

edit on 13-9-2011 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

First of all, you can't misquote me. That's exactly what I talked about in the OP. You can't say I said something when I didn't. How in the hell can you possibly know what makes God sick to his stomach, if that's even possible?

Would God want all types of religions to kill in his name? That's not very loving is it?
Would God want others to not think about science and the questions of the world? No, certain religious institutions might but not God.
Would God want people to just sit around idle and meditate all day, as some liberals love to do? No it says in many religious texts that you shouldn't be idle!
Does God even exist and can people to talk to this invisible man in the sky? Eh most likely not.

The majority of us independents are silenced or our forced to take sides with the left or right extremists. That's just how it is. The top political parties don't want an independent candidate to run, they want the votes of the independents well I'll tell you all right now. If I don't like any of the nominees for a political race, I am not going to vote. It's just that simple.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

That is ridiculous. The problem in this country is a lack of independent thinking. Where did you hear that, the Rush Limbaugh show?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

As for corporations "policing themselves", I agree 100%. They will not. Do you know why? Just like liberals, they don't believe in real responsibility albeit for different reasons. Corporations CANNOT be held criminally responsible the way a person can. They cannot be sentenced to life in prison or the death penalty. They can only be fined. This is why I oppose giving corporations the same rights as people. Our current form of corporations is one of the major problems we have in this country. Companies should only be owned by people. People that will have to act responsibly because they can be truly punished for not doing so.

I like that. That makes sense. Thank you for teaching me something today.

new topics

top topics

join