It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruger SR1911 Love at first sight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
reply to post by DaddyBare

First you say this:

I read one gun reviewer who claims his gun shots goups loser than a 45 year old hooker... must be he needs to learn to shoot as I had no problems at all

and then you say this:

well anyway I found mine up in a gunshop in Kansas city...$750 is MSRP but I'm buying mine for $690... I haven't got it home yet.

So did they let you shoot it at the gun shop?

yes, yes and yes....
but only after I placed my money on the table and bought the ammo...
then they were all about whatever it takes to make the sale...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Adjustable trigger... and pull...
if a revewer found it mushy then he could have taken out his handy dandy pocket screwdriver and adjusted it for his likes... BTW after making those kinds of adjustments I like to put a drop of loc-tight or a dab of nailpolish on the screws just to make sure they stay where I want them...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
oh, bs, do you know ANYTHING about the 1911? The "adjustment" in that trigger is for nothing but "overtravel", it doesn't do a thing for creep or takeup. To get rid of those problems, you have to stone the full cock notch in the hammer and the tip of the sear, and either add metal to the rear of the trigger stirrup, or to the front of it, to get rid of the excessive forward and back movement.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Still waiting for one to show up around here, I am told something like a two year back order..

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by oldshooter1979

Still waiting for one to show up around here, I am told something like a two year back order..

Hope u wait what u wan to gett.

<< 1   >>

join