It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Plans to Build 2nd Nuclear Reactor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran said Sunday that it plans to build a second nuclear reactor with Russia's help and that at least two other European states have expressed interest in such a project, brushing aside U.S. accusations that the Islamic state wants to build atomic weapons.

news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040822/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_nuclear_1

[edit on 24-8-2004 by persian]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Persian, any idea why they are not persuing a reactor say further east and out of the range of Israel? Better to spread them out IMHO?If water is an issue why not on the caspian side of the Elbuz range?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I think that the second reactor will end like the first one

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adam_S
I think that the second reactor will end like the first one

i think you are confusing iran with iraq

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Haha kool Iran can waste its money building its reactors cuz they are going to get blow to pieces by either Israel or the US
There is no way Israel will let Iran have nuclear weapons not to mention Bush. So let Iran starve its people and waste its money cuz they will be destroyed anyway

[edit on 24-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Haha kool Iran can waste its money building its reactors cuz they are going to get blow to pieces by either Israel or the US
There is no way Israel will let Iran have nuclear weapons not to mention Bush. So let Iran starve its people and waste its money cuz they will be destroyed anyway

[edit on 24-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

Iran probably already has most components to build a nuke. They will build
a few reactors that will serve as decoys, i.e. you don't even have to finish the construction. This will make any attack from Israel a bit more difficult.

The US can't attack Iran now because it's mired in Iraq courtesy George Bush. By the time things settle down Iran will be on its 100th deliverable nuke. So you may laugh all you want, but Bush screwed up evrybody this time.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Ever thought that just maybe these people understand their own supply problems when it comes to oil and realize that time may be running out and are actually planning unlike the ignorant people running our country? I mean who better to understand the supply than the supplier? We make fun of them and riddicule them because they just may be planning ahead. Perhaps the rest of the world should be laughing at us instead.

I don't see these people complaining heavily about India and Pakistan and these fools just about used their weapons.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Persian, any idea why they are not persuing a reactor say further east and out of the range of Israel? Better to spread them out IMHO?If water is an issue why not on the caspian side of the Elbuz range?

That is the very good question. No actually I don�t know why but perhaps they will build the second one more east.

WestPoint23, it seems like once again you made a fool at of your self by making unintelligent comments.

Ever thought that just maybe these people understand their own supply problems when it comes to oil and realize that time may be running out and are actually planning unlike the ignorant people running our country? I mean who better to understand the supply than the supplier? We make fun of them and riddicule them because they just may be planning ahead. Perhaps the rest of the world should be laughing at us instead.

Yes that�s true. Currently, Iran is a major supplier of electricity to few countries and making good money of that. When the Bushehr nuclear plant finish, it will bring a good amount of cash into Iran selling electricity .

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Rather than type it again i'll just post the link,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Has any country, including our own thought up of ways to safely dispose of the nuclear waste? What will Iran do with the tons of nuclear waste it produces if it is in fact going to use the reactors for energy? What does any country do with it? In 3rd world nations such as india and pakistan the conatinment of nuclear waste is very poor and people in the surrounding towns suffer greatly. Having nuclear power is not important its what you do with it, and how you manage/handle it that counts. With nuclear power comes the responsibility to handle nuclear waste. Its funny though because even when you "responsibily" handle the waste you still are poisioning the earth or whatever. How much can we possibly store in the yucca mountains, and when thats filled, then what? I dont think nuclear power is the answer to diminishing oil reserves at all. If bush would have spent a 1/10th cost of the iraqi war on RnD for alternative energy, we would be close to a solution.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealisticPatriot
Has any country, including our own thought up of ways to safely dispose of the nuclear waste? What will Iran do with the tons of nuclear waste it produces if it is in fact going to use the reactors for energy? What does any country do with it? In 3rd world nations such as india and pakistan the conatinment of nuclear waste is very poor and people in the surrounding towns suffer greatly. Having nuclear power is not important its what you do with it, and how you manage/handle it that counts. With nuclear power comes the responsibility to handle nuclear waste. Its funny though because even when you "responsibily" handle the waste you still are poisioning the earth or whatever. How much can we possibly store in the yucca mountains, and when thats filled, then what? I dont think nuclear power is the answer to diminishing oil reserves at all. If bush would have spent a 1/10th cost of the iraqi war on RnD for alternative energy, we would be close to a solution.

That is very true my friend but unfortunately we are living in the world were few country with nukes can dictate others. For example if Iraq had nuclear bomb, you think US would of attack them. ??

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
And we should. We should do what the Israelis did in the '70s with Iraq, and bomb that reactor into dust. That, with a total embargo, would make Iran think twice about pouring all its money into failed projects.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowtrooper90
And we should. We should do what the Israelis did in the '70s with Iraq, and bomb that reactor into dust. That, with a total embargo, would make Iran think twice about pouring all its money into failed projects.

You know very well that even if Iran acquire nuclear bomb, we wouldn�t be able to use them against US. We wouldn�t able to give them to others to detonate it in US either because these kinds of bombs are traceable. So obviously this is not about your country, it�s about Israel. Israelis know very well that if they attack Iran�s nuclear plant, definitely Iran will retaliate. So what do they do? They ask you to their dirty work. Remember if Iran and US engage in a war, your soldiers, your economy, and your money would suffer not Israelis.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
why should we bomb a nuclear REACTOR?

it's not like they were building missile's and pointing them on NY...

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

why should we bomb a nuclear REACTOR?

it's not like they were building missile's and pointing them on NY...

Some people are just irrationally paranoid about muslim nations controlling nuclear technology. I mean these are governments we are talking about here not terrorist groups.

[edit on 25-8-2004 by boogyman]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
They dont need that reactor for energy, Iran is sitting untop of huge oil fields the world's second biggest oil field after Saudi Arabia's. You dont bring sand to the beach.

There only one other thing that a nuclear reactor is good for besides energy and it aint baking cookies.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
They dont need that reactor for energy, Iran is sitting untop of huge oil fields the world's second biggest oil field after Saudi Arabia's. You dont bring sand to the beach.

There only one other thing that a nuclear reactor is good for besides energy and it aint baking cookies.

Do you have a list to countries which are allowed to make atomic bomb and countries that are not allowed? I have been looking for that list for the long time now.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Is it just me or are we being treated to the same kind of cobblers we all got just before Iraq?

'Tensions' invented. Threats imagined......and yet Iran has done nothing to threaten a neighbour in decades.

They merely had the gaul to have suffered and then overthrown a repressive US backed monarch, and with so few left to trust, turned to their own religious clerics to provide a less corrupt government.

Surprise surprise.

I agree a fundamentalist religious crowd aren't my idea of good government but one can easily see how the situation arose.

The funny thing is that they are moving away from this as a society.....until external threats have them rallying to the government. Brains at work or what?

But this nuclear power plants (despite several inspection showing nothing at all) must mean nukes that threaten us at home as well as the region generally (totally agree with the acting like puppets for Israel comment btw) is the thinnest of crap, I've seen nothing that justifies any aggression and it's certainly not worth another war in the ME IMO.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
simple if Iran is above board let them be inspected by the UN? Or build a type of reactor that produces non fissionable waste.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by persian

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Do you have a list to countries which are allowed to make atomic bomb and countries that are not allowed? I have been looking for that list for the long time now.

According to the NPT Besides UK, US , Russia, France, and China not really anyone. Heres a link to the parties that signed the NPT stating they would not buy nor develop nuclear weapons.
en.wikipedia.org...

some countries didnt sign the NPT like Irsael and Cuba

top topics

<<   2 >>

join