It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PM Netanyahu / 9-11-11 /The Battle Between Barbarism and Civilization

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Within the context of this date, September 11, 2011, we realize clearly that the battle in this world is against the evil of those who wish to steal, kill and destroy and those who wish to honor, defend and protect freedom. The victor will be the nations that embrace the love of Christ; the nations that turn the other cheek; the nations that bless instead of curse their enemies. The message of Christ is ringing more truly each day. Love God and love your neighbor as yourself - even your enemies. Luke 10

The is a well delivered speech from Prime Minister Netanyahu. He states the nature of our day with wise words. He speaks of real people rising up against their oppressive regimes. He also mentions a "New Islamic order", which I found interesting. Here is a quote.

"Now with this battle between barbarism and civilization being waged.....and still undecided in the Middle East... There is, however, a new force that has emerged in this region. Those who demand freedom and opportunity, and those who demand basic human dignity, are rising up against calcified and oppressive regimes...Regimes who have long denied an entry ticket into modernity....Along side them stand militants seeking to return to what they see as a glorious past. A past where a Caliphate stretched from the Atlantic ocean to the Indus river and from the gates of Africa to the horns of Vienna. This is what possesses their imagination." Netanyahu

edit on 11-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

"Now with this battle between barbarism and civilization being waged"

Any prize for guessing who he thinks are the Barbarians???

BTW, why does he bring up the words of Christ?
I thought Jews believed he was nothing but a trouble maker.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Those where my word. His are the ones quoted.

Originally posted by backinblack

"Now with this battle between barbarism and civilization being waged"

Any prize for guessing who he thinks are the Barbarians???

BTW, why does he bring up the words of Christ?
I thought Jews believed he was nothing but a trouble maker.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I confess, I'm guilty of not watching the video. But I do have some questions I'd like you to consider.

The "Arab Spring" movement, which was supposed to open the door for its citizens to enter the free, modern world, seems to be turning into a major disapointment. Does the mid-east have a group of people interested in freedom, that is not being threatened with extiction? My fear, of course, is there may not be enough people to change the backwardness of that region.

When is it too late for the world to defend freedom and create a better world? Or are our only options, mass destruction of the enemy or surrender into a dark night of oppression?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

It's obvious that hose who like to self-proclaim superiority have absolutely no problem to mass destroy the "inferiors" they like to label as barbarians.

Me think the world will only know peace once the true terrorists are wipe out of this Earth. God knows it and untill he does his job he can kiss my ass.

edit on 11-9-2011 by Exv8densez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that those in the ME are beyond saving and instead we should just take the entire region for ourselves??

I guess most have short memories or don't read history books..
It wasn't THAT long ago that the "so called" civilized world was just as barbaric in their views and laws..
There was slavery, crusades and the burning of witches..
Women were treated as home slaves and had no vote..
Blacks were treated worse than dogs...

I could go on but I'm sure you get the point..

My question is, what is your point and opinion?
Your posts rarely seem to express one but rather ask others too..
Very odd way to post.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I watched most of the video and as usual he is a good speaker. Anyone interested in what is going on in the middle east look at the info Agenda 21 Middle East. The Globalist have their hands in everything and their hands in the pockets of everyone. They can be defeated and will be defeated, I was told by an Egyptian friend of mine if we in the US look for a political solution to the problem there will be no solution. Netanyahu is right there is a battle between barbarians and civilization it takes very little investigation to know who the barbarians are. They do not hide their NWO agenda and their plans to leave nothing but death and destruction in their path.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Meaning: Is it time for full throttle nazism? You know like, to finish what has been started.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez

Meaning: Is it time for full throttle nazism? You know like, to finish what has been started.

Well that's kinda what I thought they were getting at, but let's wait and see if they reply.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
backinblack,

Nice to see (? hear?) from you again. An odd way to post? I suppose so. I have so much to learn about so many subjects, that it seems prudent for me to ask for wisdom from others rather than parade my ignorance.

As you noticed in my post, I was not offering an opinion, I was asking the OP to consider some questions and offer his thoughts. But as you seem interested in mine, I'll do what I can to explain the areas I wanted to explore.

You probably know that conspiracy theorists see an elite which will soon control the world. I see that as a terrible result. Each of us is a valuable creation due dignity and respect. Giving people freedom is only just as it recognises their dignity. Unfortunately free people can make errors, misjudgments, can even become evil or mentally deranged.

All societies have to deal with the question of coping with "dangerous" people. There are many different kinds of dangerous people and society's treatment of them must differ. Sometimes, simple verbal correction and education can do the trick. Society's punishments go up from there.

I was looking at the opening post and considering the "barbarian" question. I was wondering if the simple correction had failed and the options had become reduced to vigorous use of the "death sentence" or the collapse of free society. I was hoping, and still do hope that there is another option.

By the way, I just remembered some post mentioned something like "Nazi" or "genocide" or "inferiors" or something similar. Of course I don't believe that one person or group is inferior to another, as each of us has an immortal soul which makes us equally worthy of respect.

I hope I've cleared this up. As you know, backinblack, I'm always willing to talk with you.

Charles1952

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply but I'm no wiser about your thoughts on how the ME situation can be resolved.

Your previous posts appear to suggest it is too late for them (the Arabs) and WE should just move in and take charge..

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Oohhhhhh, my mistake. But why would anyone care what my ideas are on resolving the middle east situation? Nobody seems to have a clue on resolving it to all sides' satisfaction, the best ideas anyone can come up with are how to hold off disaster for a few more years.

As I've mentioned, I'm a big fan of freedom, including the freedom to do wrong.

I know I don't understand Islam properly, but I've gotten the impression that the Prophet (peace be unto him) and his followers believe that Sharia and Islam describe the perfect life. Followers should be trained in it, governments should be run under its guidance, the blessings of sharia should be spread around the world and all should be brought under its commands (including the dhimmis). My understanding is that if you're in a group of strict Muslims, you'd best not change your religion or mention to others that they should.

Not surprisingly, there are people in the world who do not recognize the blessings of Sharia, and want to be governed by laws they choose and not ones chosen by Allah.

How is this resolved? How is the Great Satan destroyed when the Great Satan doesn't want to be destroyed? How does the Great Satan prevent being destroyed? My post was asking for some other option than total victory or surrender. I pray there is one. I don't see it now. All I see in the long term is death or slavery.

Charles1952

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Sorry, I got carried away and forgot one of your points. No, moving in and taking charge won't work, at least it hasn't so far and there seems to be no reason for it to in the future. The best that can be done is buy an area a little time and safety and let them forge their own path.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

IMO you are nowhere near as naive as you try to make out..

I have no time for people like that..

End of discussion..

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
backinblack,

You probably know that conspiracy theorists see an elite which will soon control the world. I see that as a terrible result. Each of us is a valuable creation due dignity and respect. Giving people freedom is only just as it recognises their dignity. Unfortunately free people can make errors, misjudgments, can even become evil or mentally deranged.

All societies have to deal with the question of coping with "dangerous" people. There are many different kinds of dangerous people and society's treatment of them must differ. Sometimes, simple verbal correction and education can do the trick. Society's punishments go up from there.

I was looking at the opening post and considering the "barbarian" question. I was wondering if the simple

Good to see you explain yourself in a rather thoughtful response.

People's dignity cannot be given to them, it can only be taken away if life is as precious as we want to believe. You said that right society has to be careful when coping with "bad" people because evil cannot be fought by man but can only be denounced. Hallowing imperfect man to fight evil is risking letting too much fall in the wrong hands. The general masses should be held accountable for their motives and actions more often rather than blaming some invisible figure all the time because as we're supposed to have free will, some choose to do evil with it. Then the free will of the evil ones tries to destroy the good will of the free.

You know, it's not that people don't know or can't know the truth, it's that they rather benefit from the lie.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

edit on 12-9-2011 by Exv8densez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

I confess, I'm guilty of not watching the video. But I do have some questions I'd like you to consider.

The "Arab Spring" movement, which was supposed to open the door for its citizens to enter the free, modern world, seems to be turning into a major disapointment. Does the mid-east have a group of people interested in freedom, that is not being threatened with extiction? My fear, of course, is there may not be enough people to change the backwardness of that region.

When is it too late for the world to defend freedom and create a better world? Or are our only options, mass destruction of the enemy or surrender into a dark night of oppression?

The problem is so simple that it goes unnoticed. The Muslim faith does not change the heart to a heart of flesh. It hardens the heart further. This is the entire problem. Any faith that does not promote love for others is an empty belief. Love for others is the only road to peace. If you can trace this faith to its root, you see that the Muslim faith has missed the message of their own messenger.

Jesus is claimed by the Muslims but not followed. Jesus preached love for others. This is Agape love. Agape love seeks to honor, protect and defend others. False religion seeks to steal, kill, divide and destroy. Once we apply truth to the situation, it becomes clear why peace is not happening. The Arab Spring will fail if the people do not peruse freedom with truth. The two go hand in hand. This is why American cannot bring peace to Iraq and Afghanistan. Until the heart is changed, no peace or prosperity can follow.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez

It's obvious that hose who like to self-proclaim superiority have absolutely no problem to mass destroy the "inferiors" they like to label as barbarians.

Me think the world will only know peace once the true terrorists are wipe out of this Earth. God knows it and untill he does his job he can kiss my ass.

edit on 11-9-2011 by Exv8densez because: (no reason given)

Israel could have destroyed them ten times over. They could have pushed them off the land long ago. The very fact that they are striving for peace shows that you are labeling the wrong group here. If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be peace. If Israel put their weapons down today, no more Israel. After this, France, Rome, America and the rest of the West would be conquered by the same method. Their aim has been clearly stated. They seek to divide and conquer the world and force their religion on the entire world. First, they seek to utterly wipe Israel off the face of the earth.

The answer for the Muslims is to follow their messenger. Jesus message to the Muslims is the same as it is to the rest of mankind. Jesus tried to promote love for others and unity through equality. Jesus outlines the tactics of the enemy: They steal, kill and destroy. Love can only honor, defend and protect freedom for all humans. Once man recognizes that the true enemy is not his brother, we will finally be free from barbarism.

Netanyahu used the the term Modernity. He was only partially correct in using this term. Moving to freedom involves shaking off barbarism, but it also involves shaking off Humanism and Objectivism in place of Altruism. Leaders such as Netanyahu are promoting one form of barbarism for another lesser form. Jesus promoted loving others. This ONE single law of altruism allows man to truly be free from law completely. One law of love with a system of justice and equity cancels all other laws by a lack of necessity. If you love others, you cannot possibly harm another person in any way. Freedom is assured, but this requires a changed heart to ever happen.

edit on 12-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I was looking at the opening post and considering the "barbarian" question. I was wondering if the simple correction had failed and the options had become reduced to vigorous use of the "death sentence" or the collapse of free society. I was hoping, and still do hope that there is another option.

The answer has been there for all of mankind for 2000 years. Here is a quote for an article I wrote on this issue LINK:

It is an error to believe that your body owns the soul. No human possesses the soul. Most of us are brought up believing that the nature of this world exists within this backwards dualistic mindset, forcing us to willfully buy into the false notion of objectivism—viewing reality as an identity we own. Not only does this mindset cause us to grasp at our own souls as possessions, we tread on the dignity and rights of countless souls around us in the wake of our choices. Our misunderstanding of what it means to be moral creatures resides in this false belief of the body possessing the soul.

If we flip this counterfeit, egocentric view back to reality, we see that the body does not possess the soul, but the soul possesses the body as a gift from God. Understanding this one point allows us to see the world as it truly is. Buying into objectivism merely denies this reality and tramples the bestowal we owe back to God under a metaphorical foot of pride. Nevertheless, true reality will not be so easily placated. The bill for this false mindset of egoism will eventually come due for each individual. Only Christ can pay this bill in full.

Life requires a choice from each of us: Either we steal away the gift of life as a possession through egoism, or we honor God by paying the gift forward for the good of others through altruism. Stealing gives the reward of what is taken. Giving pays back abundantly and endlessly, across many lives and throughout many lifetimes. The choice should be easy to make when viewed according to the truth of where the soul resides. Law is an unnecessary boundary for the altruistic individual.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

IMO you are nowhere near as naive as you try to make out..

I have no time for people like that..

End of discussion..

backinblack (also SuperiorEd and Exv8densez),

As I generally am, I'm confused. Are you complementing me for not being naive? Why do you have no time for people who are not as naive as they claim? I would have thought you'd prefer to talk to people who aren't naive.
It is only your opinion that I am less naive than I present myself. Would you condemn me for an (possibly wrong) opinion of yours? If I'm in error, how does abandoning me help anything? Have I lied or attacked you?

I'm terribly sorry that I've said something that has driven you from this conversation. It's true that I know a little bit about a surprisingly wide array of subjects. But it seems that the things we know are either of two kinds of things; either scientific facts, or things that spring from the human heart (all right, or the supernatural). I care more about the human heart and God's relation to it.

I can assure you that I am nowhere near where I want to be in understanding God and Man, that I am, in fact, naive. Oh, that I could be a mystic with a closeness to God that could only be imperfectly explained in a human language. That is what I would wish for you, backinblack, and all your friends and associates.

SuperiorEd was absolutely right for chiding me gently for forgetting God's role in human affairs. He has reminded me of the third and best way out of our present swamp, prayer and dependence on God. I am very grateful to him for that. Blessings on you, SuperiorEd.

Backinblack, can you not pray for me for the Peace and Love of God to enter our hearts? Can we not see each other as fellow creatures of God, sent here to love each other? Eventually, all countries will perish, our world will die. Memorials will fall, cultures and countries will be forgotten. There will be left only our immortal souls and God, to whom we must answer.

Exv8densez, you did a remarkable thing in this thread. It seemed that you began this thread with strong passion, ready to do combat where necessary. But, and this is the remarkable thing, when you saw that no combat was being proposed you turned and treated all as fellows trying to reach peace and love. You did not turn away, you changed to what was fitting and proper. I salute you.

With respect,
Charles1952

new topics

top topics

join