It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best All-around Survival Knife under £100/$160?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Best all around knife for the money. The kukri with a western, man sized, handle. imho...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I make my own knives, noone has these knives, except friends. This knife even rambo would be proud to own. The knife is about 8.5 inches long. On the other side of the knife is a saw. There is a glass magnifyer just before the handle. The handle itself is hollow and you can put whatever you want in there and at the other end of handle is the cap with the compass. Both ends of the handle is threaded and a cap is put on one end. Above the wings is a threaded hole where the knife blade gets threaded into or detached. The wings that stick out makes sure your hand does not slip on the blade. The wings are designed specialty. One side of wing is a pick, the other is a small hammer shape. The handle has grips on so that your hand is firmly, secured to the handle. The blade is polished to a fine mirror finish that you can see yourself in. The blade and the handle are in balance and this knife you can throw with accuracy, if you know how to throw knives.
SO, In conclusion, this knife can do this. The knife is so sharp, you can shave with it. You can cut wood up to 5" in dia., to build your shelter. You can start a fire with the knifes magnifyer. You can signal to others using the blade itself. You can use it in mountain climbing. You can use it for direction. You can use it in self defense. You can use it to cut meat. Pound nails in. Store fishing string and hooks. Is balanced to throw without stuff inside handle. saw ,scales fish. Just the look of it, will detour your enemies.
This knife is so useful, i only mentioned some of the things you can do with this knife ,for starters. I mean, what knife do you have that can do all this. It basically does the jobs to do all the basic needs a person needs in the woods. What more could you ask for, this is the ultimate hunting knife that noone would want to turn down.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
I make my own knives, noone has these knives, except friends. This knife even rambo would be proud to own. The knife is about 8.5 inches long. On the other side of the knife is a saw. There is a glass magnifyer just before the handle. The handle itself is hollow and you can put whatever you want in there and at the other end of handle is the cap with the compass. Both ends of the handle is threaded and a cap is put on one end. Above the wings is a threaded hole where the knife blade gets threaded into or detached. The wings that stick out makes sure your hand does not slip on the blade. The wings are designed specialty. One side of wing is a pick, the other is a small hammer shape. The handle has grips on so that your hand is firmly, secured to the handle. The blade is polished to a fine mirror finish that you can see yourself in. The blade and the handle are in balance and this knife you can throw with accuracy, if you know how to throw knives.
SO, In conclusion, this knife can do this. The knife is so sharp, you can shave with it. You can cut wood up to 5" in dia., to build your shelter. You can start a fire with the knifes magnifyer. You can signal to others using the blade itself. You can use it in mountain climbing. You can use it for direction. You can use it in self defense. You can use it to cut meat. Pound nails in. Store fishing string and hooks. Is balanced to throw without stuff inside handle. saw ,scales fish. Just the look of it, will detour your enemies.
This knife is so useful, i only mentioned some of the things you can do with this knife ,for starters. I mean, what knife do you have that can do all this. It basically does the jobs to do all the basic needs a person needs in the woods. What more could you ask for, this is the ultimate hunting knife that noone would want to turn down.

lol.
I hope this post is sarcasm.. ( you never know on ATS).
A Knife is a cutting tool.
all those options sounds like a Tacti-cool mall rambo special.
However Buck made one very similar to what you are describing.. minus the " magnifier in the handle".

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hollow handled knives will break on you the first time you really need them. Stick with a good, stout, full tang blade if you want something reliable. Simpler is better in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The RAMSTER knife is a very good cheap knife, but needs a few Tig welds to ensure it can be all it can be at the handle and on the blade at the hand guard. once you've done those 2 extremely cheap mods to that knife, you have a useful formidable survival and combat weapon. Ive found these knives on-line for under $30 bucks, and the 440c stainless the entire thing is made from holds an edge real good if you can sharpen it. that hammer pummel on that knife makes it an excellent choice, where most knives cant hold up to the challenge...

www.ebay.com...

Ive had mine for over 10 years and have never damaged or broken it

edit on 11-9-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
here's a few examples that are all very different.

$115 Anza Tracker. Handmade in the USA from old files.

www.knifeoutlet.com...

This one is a $175 but when it absolutely positively need to be destroyed right away, this is your go to knife.
"Bend it or break it and they will send you two"

yhst-7333098713883.stores.yahoo.net...

Muela Knives of spain makes a nice knife as well, from 440 hc stainless steel.
Ive personall used one of these for years, until it was left in a rental car.
You can find these for around $75 or less.
www.joyenterprises.com...

Fallkniven F! is also a nice option.
Quality made, and $129
www.knifesupply.com...

These are some good options from all ends of the spectrum..

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

I've owned the RC-4 for several years and it has been proven to be a great knife in the bush and around the yard. If you shop around a little you can find a decent price. I bought mine here www.knivesshipfree.com...

I also own the Becker BK-2. I've had the Becker longer than any of my other fixed blades. Can't beat the bang for the buck on that one.

Fallkniven's are proven winners with a different edge grind.

If you like Scandi knives anything from Mora will be cheap and good quality. Buy a few to keep as back ups and to give as gifts.

This one also has my attention as of late. www.hedgehogleatherworks.com... and his sheaths are top notch. Just a little expensive. Put that kit on my Christmas list.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

This one also has my attention as of late. www.hedgehogleatherworks.com... and his sheaths are top notch. Just a little expensive. Put that kit on my Christmas list.

HH sheaths are nice but wayyyyy overpriced.
and a 4 week wait? For a horizontal draw sheath with a firesteel loop and leatherman pouch?
They must have been lickin the toads.

Email Bruce at www.baystateleather.com
He'll hook you up with a nice sheath, just like that..in HH style ( minus the allen screws?!!) for about $70.

Or you could drop by your local leather shop. buy an $8, 8 ounce steer belly and make yer own like I did.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The Woodmans Pal though not actually a knife, is a good cross between an axe and a machete. It can handle most chores around a camp site, and can double as a self-defense weapon if required. The forestry service and the military used them extensively in years gone by, and they can be had for under $100!
edit on 12-9-2011 by Redwing48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Very nice thread here. Got me looking. I like this one:

www.gerbertools.com...

Not just because I'm a fan of the show, but the price and purpose are right for me.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
WW1 Trench Knife.

Brass knuckles and a double bladed knife all rolled into 1. I doubt you can own it in England though.

Do they still let you Brit's own knives anyways?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
here ya go.
hedgehog sheaths are great.. but for $200 I can make about a dozen of them.
8 ounce leather, like a horse saddle, snap-strap retainers, Horizontal /back carry.
Custom molded and fitted.

Top is a custom made T2 sized tracker clone, with sheath I made
second is a scout style knife I made with custom sheath I also made.

I love those hedgehog sheaths, but Im a cheapskate.
$200 for allen screws is just too much for me.

edit on 9/12/1111 by BadNinja68 because: wrong pic

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Here are a few of my favorites.

KA-BAR D2 Extreme ~ D2 Tool steel holds an edge extremely well. The hammer like pommel makes a good 'hammer' too. An all around good utility/fighting knife.

KA-BAR D2 Extreme

CRKT Hissatsu ~ More of a close quarter combat fighting knife, but just a great design. Extremely thick full tang blade. Stainless though.

CRKT Hissatsu

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

This is directed to everyone, Whats your favourite blade shape? Clip, Dozier, Bowie, Tanto, Kukri or Machete?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Nice work! I've always wanted to try my hand at leather craft. Maybe I'll dabble with kydex first.
JRE has some nice stuff at more reasonable prices. www.jreindustries.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius

This is directed to everyone, Whats your favourite blade shape? Clip, Dozier, Bowie, Tanto, Kukri or Machete?

Drop/Dozier for me and everyday use.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

This Dozier looks a beauty. How do you rate KA-BAR?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
[mor
I own a ka Bar Dozier folding hunter www.tomarskabars.com...

It is inexpensive and probably the best folder you can find for under $40. It was also the sharpest knife I have ever owned. Aus8 steel is a good quality stainless steel for this type of knife. I will be buying more.

I am partial to drop point blades. I also like the Dozier blades as well.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm partial to clip blades myself. I have a Camillus Pilot survival knife that I've carried for years and wouldn't trade for anything.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadNinja68

Originally posted by cloaked4u

lol.
I hope this post is sarcasm.. ( you never know on ATS).
A Knife is a cutting tool.
all those options sounds like a Tacti-cool mall rambo special.
However Buck made one very similar to what you are describing.. minus the " magnifier in the handle".

You know, i did not mention the other attachables. Unscrew the knife blade and screw in the hatchet, or screw in the mini crow bar, or screw on the mini adjustable wrench, or screw on the mini multiple head screwdriver. All of them are small enough to carry and will entice you to try almost any obstacle.
Example: getting into a can, It will slice right thru the thin metal of a can to open it. NO PROBLEM
Need a quick fix and do not want to carry heavy odd wrench sizes, NO problem. My design will get alot of small jobs done. Metric or standard, no problem. Why carry around all that weight when all you need in a survival situation is this specialty tool to get the jobs done.
Total weight is under 7 pounds with all attachments.
Unscrew nuts to change tire, no problem.
My survival tool is specialty made and will help in times of need, when you need it the most. It's design is simple, in order to minimize the weight capacity and to maximize the need to full potential. Like i said, rambo would be proud of this tool. Right now, i'm working on a solar panel attachment and flashlight.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join