It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Human mind

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The brain, Noodle or Noggin harbours much about us our memories and lessons which make our personalities it is always useful to us (If used properly) the myth we only use 10% of it hmmm maybe we do maybe we don't yes there are parts of the brain that are specifically used for something but are they being used at their full capacity the temporal lobe perception and many other things the frontal lobe emotions and problem solving it does so much for us that we don't realise takes in information at milliseconds and stores it for later use but as a society as a race are we using it to the best of our understanding our are we dumbing down so to speak.




posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
You would learn more about the human brains mystical side if you studied the pineal gland...an lets say on the effects of '___'. I real dose and you will realise our brains in total are tiny. Or Salvia, you could even try this yourself as its legal.

I can say I have had plenty of experience with one of the substances mentioned above, but cant say witch one for legal reasons....decipher that brilliant code. I have seen things you can even dream up, that's no exaggeration , I have seen things so complex I had to look away in fear. I once heard the reason we get frightened when people jump out at us is because our brain cannot understand/make scene of what's happening. So I believe that's what happens, when you see them an become afraid. With faces so mathematically complex, and billions of pieces of detail... I have been in the presence of entities out there so intelligent, its like Albert Einstein had a 1kb usb brain and they had a 1tb all encompassing capacity.

You can call me a lire if you have had a breakthrough on the substance I am talking about. But if you have...then you wont. more people need to know about them. Though your reality will never be the same, I promise you that.
edit on 11-9-2011 by foundthetruth because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wideawake385
The brain, Noodle or Noggin harbours much about us our memories and lessons which make our personalities it is always useful to us (If used properly) the myth we only use 10% of it hmmm maybe we do maybe we don't yes there are parts of the brain that are specifically used for something but are they being used at their full capacity the temporal lobe perception and many other things the frontal lobe emotions and problem solving it does so much for us that we don't realise takes in information at milliseconds and stores it for later use but as a society as a race are we using it to the best of our understanding our are we dumbing down so to speak.


Can i possibly buy a period, or a comma?

I have a very hard time deciphering what you are saying above. So, i will just point out that the brain is not the "mind". The mind is an external source, the brain is the modem that controls the physical body and enacts the commands from teh mind.

This is why brain scans show only 10% being used. The mind isn't accessing the entire brain, all the time. Just like you don't access every sector of your hard drive, or every mb of ram while perusing the internet. The desire to do more work with less energy is a universal constant. No need to use 100% of the brain all the time, when only 10% will achieve the needed function.

Always remember: as above, so below. We are "nature", and every aspect of humanity is ruled by the natrural laws, including the laws of physics and thermodynamics.
edit on 11-9-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wideawake385
The brain, Noodle or Noggin harbours much about us our memories and lessons which make our personalities it is always useful to us (If used properly) the myth we only use 10% of it hmmm maybe we do maybe we don't yes there are parts of the brain that are specifically used for something but are they being used at their full capacity the temporal lobe perception and many other things the frontal lobe emotions and problem solving it does so much for us that we don't realise takes in information at milliseconds and stores it for later use but as a society as a race are we using it to the best of our understanding our are we dumbing down so to speak.


Talk about a run-on sentence.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I know sorry I was in a rush.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wideawake385
I know sorry I was in a rush.


LOL, this is more for my own humor.

Were you to use some periods and comma's the above would be, "I know. Sorry, I was in a rush." It may not seem important, but consider how important the comma is in the following:

"I am going to go eat, mom"

"I am going to go eat mom"

That one comma changes the entire meaning.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I know how to punctuate dude.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wideawake385
 


"I know how to punctuate, dude."

LOL, i will stop. Just harassing you a little. With how many poeple here don't speak English as their first language, you learn to decipher all manner of "english". And us native speakers usually do the best job of slaughtering it (myself included).

The one thing i can't go further than is the "wall of text". I really do have stuff to add to this conversation if we can get it off the ground.



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wideawake385
 


The brain and mind are seperate. The brain acts more like an organ making sure our bodies function throughout our life. The mind is connected to ego. We are learning to transcend our egos so you could say we are learning how to be beyond mind.



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan
 


You're definitely not helping.



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Stillness
 


Beyond mind? What comes after that?

Does our spiritual side take over or?
edit on 13-9-2011 by Se7enex because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillness
reply to post by Wideawake385
 


The brain and mind are seperate. The brain acts more like an organ making sure our bodies function throughout our life. The mind is connected to ego. We are learning to transcend our egos so you could say we are learning how to be beyond mind.


Ego and mind cannot be the same. Ego is a false sense of self, whereas the mind is the actual consciousness. You may have misspoke and meant to say "psyche" instead of "ego"....however i disagree with much of the association of "psyche" to the soul/spirit.



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Se7enex
reply to post by Stillness
 


Beyond mind? What comes after that?

Does our spiritual side take over or?
edit on 13-9-2011 by Se7enex because: (no reason given)


An excellent place to start understanding what it is to go "beyond mind" is to start meditating. That allows you to go within, into that true place inside you that is beyond mind. That silent and still place where you feel your true spiritual being, that which is beyond mind.

The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle is an excellent book to read if your interested in exploring this more.



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Stillness
 


I've possibly had some spiritual experiences already. Sometimes I go blank and I don't know if that is spiritual or not but I literally lose every thought and for a second, I'm not really connected at all if you know what I mean. That's happened quite a bit too me. And I've tried meditating but I must do it wrong. I always concentrate really hard and my body kinda feels really really light then it goes away really quick.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Se7enex because: spelling



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Live in the NOW, it is that simple. No past, no future, just here and now! Our thought's are the enemy. Once you start believing that you are your thought's then you are up the creak without a paddle. Your Ego is the false God, believing he is the Boss man, don't listen to his constant mind chatter. Look where we are right now as a species, mind brought us here, million's killed, starving, homeless, enslaved. Kick the little bugger in to touch, just be present at all time's. It is difficult but if you want to find the real being within then that's what has got to be done...



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Se7enex
reply to post by Stillness
 


I've possibly had some spiritual experiences already. Sometimes I go blank and I don't know if that is spiritual or not but I literally lose every thought and for a second, I'm not really connected at all if you know what I mean. That's happened quite a bit too me. And I've tried meditating but I must do it wrong. I always concentrate really hard and my body kinda feels really really light then it goes away really quick.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Se7enex because: spelling


Try to persevere with your meditation it sounds like your having some success already. You will get further results if you keep at it. Often the mind will take some calming, but eventually it will give way to stillness.

Breath meditation is a good technique, it is said that complete focus on even three breaths is worth more than any vision or astral trip achieved after hours and hours of trying.
Focus and follow each breath as it moves inwards and outwards whilst watching your mind. Stand back from it and observe your thoughts. Become the minds watcher . You will observe how the mind takes you here, there and everywhere and as it does just bring it back and watch it again. Continue watching it as you focus on your breathing and continue to bring the mind back from its wandering. Dont fight the thoughs and dont react to them, just watch them and bring your focus back each time it wanders. Do this and eventually it will still.

You will then become aware that you are the awarness behind the thoughts.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Stillness because: addition



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillness
 


I need a stimulant


It's really hard to try to focus especially since I have ADD.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join