It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Islam Is A Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I think the problem is true and consistent faith in the “Holy” Scripture and it's not just a case of interpretation:-

Some Muslims don't declare Jihad on all non-believers, despite their scriptures demanding it. Some Muslims don't think stoning a woman is a humane punishment, despite their scripture insisting it is.

Similarly, some Christians are not homophobic, despite their scriptures being explicitly homophobic.

Of course, fundamentals like the Westboro Baptist Church would argue that they are the true Christians as they follow the scripture; it’s not just down to their “interpretation” (exogesis)

It's not "moderate" or "vague" Muslims that I'm worried about, its Muslims who have read the scriptures, and do, like the scripture; wish to wage a Holy war on "Kafirs" (non-believers of Islam)

In short, The Islamic scriptures are very threatening to those who do not agree with them, more so than the other Abrahamic religions.

Peace and civility,

NeverForget

PS. Don’t believe what I say about the scriptures? Do your own research before posting!

Here's some more factual information about Islam, and why it differs from the other Abrahamic scriptures; the Torah and The Bible.

edit on 11/9/2011 by NeverForget because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
scriptures are docted anyway
same with the bible, kuran and anything else
just because its written doesnt make it fact

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverForget

I look at "Holy" texts as nothing more than history books. Anything that has been around in the written word for thousands of years, has been corrupted (edited) by man over that time. Usually so someone can gain power over weaker minded individuals.

My assistant Team chief was Muslim, and he had the most disparaging thing to say about the people of the Middle East. T&C prevents me from some of his more choice quotes.

There were times I had to tell him to calm down, at which point he would look at me and say, "Me? Calm down? What about you?"

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
scriptures are docted anyway
same with the bible, kuran and anything else
just because its written doesnt make it fact

Good portion of people "at least 50%", believe and live by what was written in their BIG BOOK. They are usually considered crazy..

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Why worry about the little fish when we all clearly have bigger issues to deal with such i.e Government and their policies! Now that's a threat. According to them people=parasites, The fewer the better. That includes Hindus, Christians, Jews, Satanists etc.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The same could be said about all religions, but carry on believing this if you want.

Jihad has been declared against the Western World because of its Foreign Policies and Foreign Policies have been born out the reliance of the smelly black stuff and the vast amounts of money involved.

There is an old saying 'You reap what you sow'. I think we can testify to that.

edit on 11/9/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

The interesting aspect of the Qur'an for me is what the Muslims miss from their faith. Jesus is their messenger. His message was very clear. Luke 10 demands that we love our enemies as an indication of our love for God. We are not the judge of men. This is God's department. We are a witness of God's love to men.

Christians have this clear in their minds. We can know anyone by their fruit. If a person states that they are Christian but do not love others, they are counterfeit. This will be true for Muslim or Christian. We must love others to be a true believer.

Here is the sticking point for any Muslim. Since messengers are to be followed by their message, any Muslim that takes on the tactics of Satan (Steal, kill and destroy / Divide and conquer), will most reassuringly reveal themselves as an unbeliever in the eyes of God on judgment day. This is the fruit of evil and not good. Anyone should be able to see this clearly.

With this said, consider what the Qur'an actually is. It is a book of judgment against the unbeliever. This is a real problem for any Muslim who refuses Jesus message of love for neighbors. If we return back to Luke 10, Jesus told the story of the good Samaritan. The Samaritans and the Jews were enemies, yet the Samaritan assisted the Jew. Jesus said, "Go do likewise."

There is one more level to this. Abraham and Muhammad are from the same tribe. They are both Hebrew. All Muslims are brothers with the Hebrews. Issac and Ishmael are brothers, making the family connection even stronger in Gods eyes for a loving relationship. The birthright went to Issac and Abram's name was changed to Abraham based on the experience of sacrifice with Issac. Issac was spared and Abram became Abraham. The letter 'HEY' was added to his name. This letter hey is the Ancient Phoenician pictograph of a man with his arms outstretched to God. Original Hebrew originates with these pictographs. LINK

See this link for a greater understanding of the 22 letters of the Hebrew language. LINK

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

If a person states that they are Christian but do not love others, they are counterfeit.

The Christian doctrines also state lying with another man is an abomination, it would be insincere for a Christian to say they had love for a gay couple. Someone who doesn't believe homosexuality is an abomination could also be considered "counterfeit".

That's why groups like the Westboro Baptist Church could be considered the "true" Christians, not to say they are any less abhorrent, only that they are more consistant with the scriptures than "moderates" who pluck what they like from the scriptures.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Since this thread of yours seems an exact copy of a response you made in another thread, I'll repost what I said there over here:

Originally posted by babloyi

Originally posted by NeverForget
I think the problem is true and consistent faith in the Holy scriptures, and it's not just a case of interpretation:-

Some Muslims don't declare Jihad on all non-believers, despite their scriptures demanding it. Some muslims don't think stoning a women is a humane punishment, despite their scripture insisting it is.

Just as some Christians are not homophobic, despite their scriptures being explicitly homophobic.

It's not "moderate" or "vague" Muslims that I'm worried about, it's people who have read the scriptures, and do, like the scripture, wish to wage a Holy war on "Kafirs" (non-believers of Islam)

I think the problem is that some people make assumptions without knowing all the facts.
The scriptures make no demands on muslims to "declare Jihad" on all non-believers. The scriptures make no demands to "stone women". One can be a follower of the Islamic scripture, and also be a well-contributing, kind, integrated member of society.

Originally posted by NeverForgetIn short, The Islamic scriptures are very threatening to those who do not agree with them. More so than the other Abrahamic religions.

Again, I somewhat disagree with you here. Islam, for example, doesn't require the whole-sale slaughter of all members of an opposing group (even the innocents and women and children). It doesn't require declaring war on (and therefore killing everyone, including the innocents again) a group simply because they refused to let you use their land to cross so that you could go kill some other people on the other side. Guess which Abrahamic religion does?

I think the true threat here is ignorance.

As for that video, it's been posted numerous times on ATS, and has been thoroughly debunked (even by me in a previous post) for being hate-fueled, divisive nonsense. You should check up on that.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

As for that video, it's been posted numerous times on ATS, and has been thoroughly debunked (even by me in a previous post) for being hate-fueled, divisive nonsense. You should check up on that.

You got the thread links? I'll certainly enjoy reading your rebuttal to the points made in the video.

I advise everyone to watch the video, and decide for themselves if they can detect any "hate-fueled" nonsense within. And obviously to research the claims made.

Concepts of Martyrdom and Jihad are repeated multiple times throughout the Koran (can be cited on request)

Again, do the research yourself, study the Koran in depth, look up the militias and what verses they use to justify their agendas

It's not just down to poor exogesis, it's down to radical verses of which their radical actions are based on.

I'm not saying ALL Muslims are radical, just as I admitted not ALL Christians are not radical (or homophobic)

Of course, their are radicals in many faiths; but it's alot easier to be radical when your scriptures are too!

Anyone heard about any Bhuddist suicide bombers lately? I havn't.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
There are several threads dedicated to that video that you can look at if you want, here is one I found:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As far as terrorist activities by Buddhists, you obviously haven't looked hard enough. A cursory search brought up Nissho Inoue, and you might also want to look up on the actions and behaviour of the Burmese government.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

As far as terrorist activities by Buddhists, you obviously haven't looked hard enough. A cursory search brought up Nissho Inoue, and you might also want to look up on the actions and behaviour of the Burmese government.

I didn't mention anything about Bhuddist terrorist activity, I asked anyone if they had heard of any Bhuddist suicide bombers recently. I havn't.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

If a person states that they are Christian but do not love others, they are counterfeit.

The Christian doctrines also state lying with another man is an abomination, it would be insincere for a Christian to say they had love for a gay couple. Someone who doesn't believe homosexuality is an abomination could also be considered "counterfeit".

That's why groups like the Westboro Baptist Church could be considered the "true" Christians, not to say they are any less abhorrent, only that they are more consistant with the scriptures than "moderates" who pluck what they like from the scriptures.

Consider this: Loving God is not a byproduct of works. In other words, a person does not find God by works. Faith is the sign of loving God. As a byproduct of loving God, our works show the fruit of this love. Works do not lead to a love of God. Loving God produces works of faith.

Jesus said not to judge. God is the judge of men. All men are sinners. Being a homosexual is the fruit of the world. Overcoming the world is the fruit of loving God. Loving others (Agape love) is the fruit of loving God. Loving enemies, blessing those who persecute you and turning the other cheek are all fruits of the spirit.

If you take a look at the Westboro Baptists, you see the fruit of the world. They are crucifying Christ twice by becoming the judge and not the witness of grace. They are taking the LORD's name in vain. Why? In biblical times, a name represents the character of the person. Taking the name of the LORD in vain is taking on His character in vain. In other words, they are taking the name of Christ to judge another person. Christ stood for loving others--even enemies. Grace is unmerited favor. The homosexual is as much of a sinner as the Christian who judges. Neither is showing the fruit of the spirit toward others. Christ died a horrible death to allow these debts to be paid. Our negative sin is multiplied by the negative that happened on the cross 2000 years ago. Two negatives multiplied create a positive. Do the math.

God called the homosexual lifestyle an abomination. This is because it goes against what he instituted in nature as a positive. Going against this creates a negative. All negatives in nature are corrected with a counter reaction to the action. Judgment is no more than nature self-correcting. God informed man that this lifestyle goes against nature and the results will be judgment.

This is true for all rewards and sufferings in life. If we take reward that does not belong to us, we suffer. If you smoke, you get cancer. This is an example of taking reward followed by suffering. If you suffer a job, you get a paycheck. This is an example of giving work to receive reward. Nature works in this way. Giving is the point. We must suffer giving to receive true reward. Only a positive adds to a positive for more of the same.

See my article on this topic. LINK

We are all sinners in need of the cross. Jesus suffered a negative on this earth so that our sin (all of us) can be wiped out and transferred to those who steal, kill and destroy. Taking from life requires repayment. There are no exceptions.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Loving God is not a byproduct of works.

Yahweh (or the Christian God) is not a benevolent God, This particular abrahamic deity has shown to be jelous, merciless, capricious, tyrannical and threatening. This is soley on the basis of the scriptures; not by observing life, or personal experience, although; I wish he'd sort this cancer problem out, he seems rather inept in regards to that.

Anyway, this thread is about Islam, not Christianity.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Some Muslims don't declare Jihad on all non-believers, despite their scriptures demanding it.

From all i know, is that there seems to be, two different types of "Jihad". The first one is the "Spiritual" Jihad and the second one is the "Physical".

The "Spiritual" Jihad is to strengthen the order of the inner-world. In other words, the "Spiritual" Jihad is a constant fight to purify the persons "Evil-Self" from all sort of temptations.

The "Physical" Jihad on the other side seems to be divided in two sub-categories. The "Offensive" and "Defensive" Jihad. It´s my opinion that the so called "Defensive " Jihad, has been declared to our western world.

The "Offensive" Jihad can only be carried out by the Islamic state. Firstly, the people are invited to embrace Islam. Secondly if they refuse to become Muslims, then they are requested to become citizens of the State. Thirdly they are asked to pay a small tax. If they refuse, then the state declares war on them.

The "Defensive" Jihad is an obligation upon the Muslim whose life, honour and wealth are being attacked. They are required by Allah, to fight and protect these. Which means that this type of Jihad can be carried out without the existence of an Islamic state.

Some Muslims don't think stoning a woman is a humane punishment, despite their scripture insisting it is.

The same could be said about the death penalty. I do not agree with the death penalty, but it is in the law.

Similarly, some Christians are not homophobic, despite their scriptures being explicitly homophobic.

Homophobic implies that a person has an unreasoned fear of homosexuals. This is something that the Christian scripture does not teach. The Christian scripture just says that "Homosexuality" is a sin, as is theft etc.

To claim that the Christian scripture is "explicitly homophobic" is just ignorance. The Christians that i know are following two things. "Love God" and "Love your neighbor as yourself."

In short, The Islamic scriptures are very threatening to those who do not agree with them, more so than the other Abrahamic religions.

Religion is a tool. As a tool, religion has been misused in the past, been misused in the present, and surely will be misused in the future from individuals with certain agendas.

Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Homophobic implies that a person has an unreasoned fear of homosexuals. This is something that the Christian scripture does not teach. The Christian scripture just says that "Homosexuality" is a sin, as is theft etc.

So the scriptures are not Homophobic, they just consider Homosexuality to be a sin?....

Cool story, bro.

To claim that the Christian scripture is "explicitly homophobic" is just ignorance. The Christians that i know are following two things. "Love God" and "Love your neighbor as yourself."

So love your neighbour, but if you're neighbours a homosexual, they are supposed to respect your belief that homosexuality is a sin?

Christianity tries to prevent sin, to say homosexuality is a sin is to say homosexuality is wrong; that's homophobia. Claim my ignorance if you wish.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Loving God is not a byproduct of works.

Yahweh (or the Christian God) is not a benevolent God, This particular abrahamic deity has shown to be jelous, merciless, capricious, tyrannical and threatening. This is soley on the basis of the scriptures; not by observing life, or personal experience, although; I wish he'd sort this cancer problem out, he seems rather inept in regards to that.

Anyway, this thread is about Islam, not Christianity.

The God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob is who you call a messenger. He is the same messenger that gave Muslims the message to love your enemies and make peace with Issac.

YHWH is Yod Hey Vav Hey (4 Hebrew Letters)

Yod means hand in the ancient Hebrew pictographs. Vav is the tent peg. The same nail used on the cross. Hey means behold. "Behold the hand, Behold the nail"

Jesus is the Messenger of the Qur'an and the Savior of mankind. Satan steals, kills and destroys. He conquers and divides mankind against each other. Jesus binds, honors, protects and defends. God has always done this throughout the OT. YHWH is none other than Jesus, Lord and Lords and the Name above every name.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Seed is correct, there is not a relation to Homophobia, (fear of) as written in the bible/s. Leviticus in those references, and others, is part of an instruction manual inserted, if you like, in the 'bible' and is as old as you want it to be, in other words, it wasn't written in a day. So, it says, basically, that man on man is wrong, amongst a heap of other sexual relations, and is to do with purity, and always is about wrong sexual relations that have already occurred, ( like Adam and Eve?) the wrongness of which is in todays terms, is blindingly obvious, so some things are very foresightful, and realistic. Actually it makes you wonder at the foresight of this manual which was made originally, or thought to have been, for the priesthood, and then watered down for the flock.
edit on 11-9-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

You Catholic/Protestant?

top topics

join