It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Apocalypse theorem

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
As a briefing to a zombie apocalypse, know that:

1: Zombies are dead people without any form of immune systems, leaving them very vulnerable to decay and predators.
2: Their coordination and motor skills are next to nothing.
3: Their joints (Post-mortem) are extremely rigid, and thus unable to run.

Although these 3 are your main zombie descriptions for a typical zombie invasion...

Say this is not the case at all. A new strain of super-zombie comes from a normally benign strain of virus. Retains quasi-intelligence. Enhanced muscle formation. Virus rapidly regenerates wounds and limbs. Bone system develops a outer plating made of muscle similar in strength to titanium. Artificial immune system is created by the virus which in turn renders the zombie completely invincible to conventional diseases. It actively seeks out prey.

Now - How would you defend against that, given only 30 minutes until the first one realizes you are in your house?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mach5
As a briefing to a zombie apocalypse, know that:

1: Zombies are dead people without any form of immune systems, leaving them very vulnerable to decay and predators.
2: Their coordination and motor skills are next to nothing.
3: Their joints (Post-mortem) are extremely rigid, and thus unable to run.

Although these 3 are your main zombie descriptions for a typical zombie invasion...

Say this is not the case at all. A new strain of super-zombie comes from a normally benign strain of virus. Retains quasi-intelligence. Enhanced muscle formation. Virus rapidly regenerates wounds and limbs. Bone system develops a outer plating made of muscle similar in strength to titanium. Artificial immune system is created by the virus which in turn renders the zombie completely invincible to conventional diseases. It actively seeks out prey.

Now - How would you defend against that, given only 30 minutes until the first one realizes you are in your house?

same way my spikey death suit
metal suit with metre long metal spikes coming out at every angle

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Um, how bout this.

I'd load my rifles and my gun. I'd barricade my house with the furniture but leave an obvious non-defended point for the zombies to attack. As they came in the house I'd cut their heads off their necks.
If they were too many, I would shoot them, in the head, one by one.
I'd most likely have my partner and my son at my side, or in defensive positions around the house.
Hopefully we could cull the immediate population of zombies enough to pack up and get to a safe point in the wilderness.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Really? Zombie Apocalypse theories in the Survival Forum?

To answer your question I would deal with your "super zombie" the way I deal with all supernatural undead beings, hose them down with holy water, blown their freaking heads off and then burn the remains.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
My contingency would be the same for "Undead" Zombies or "Urban" Zombies. I'm prepped for the long haul , my only change would be my point of aim.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Mach5

Where I live this would just start a party involving beer and shotguns.Imagine the hunting possibilities i figure maybe 72 hrs for the people around here to clear them out of at least 100 miles from here.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
We dont own guns - or weapons good enough for this.

With 30minutes, I would have 2 choices, Get in my car and drive to the mountains, or.. climb into my loft and pull the stairs up..

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Nice.

Sounds like sweet neighbourhood.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by minto

The mountains man, choose the mountains.
Hiding out in the attack, not a good idea.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mach5

How would you defend against that

Flame thrower.

This should be in the skunk forum

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Wow, what a cool scenario. You should make a movie about this...and...uh, put Will Smith in it...yeah.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
What I want to know is... WHERE did this zombie invasion crap come from?

Dead people are DEAD, they are not rising out of graves to eat live people.

Honestly!!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PennyQ

I belive it came from the bible.
Then was turned into a series of good movies.

So op super zombies eh are they smart as well? I mean if the virus enhances the rest of them why not intel as well?
edit on 11-9-2011 by jonco6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PennyQ

A typical zombie is a person infected by a virus. Virus kills said person and takes control of their body in a sense.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I like that idea. But in all sense, I would probably do the same. Millions of people purchase gun licences every year, and I can totally see a beerfest. Until a person gets infected, and suddenly bursts out of the bathroom looking like last nights casserole. I cant really see the mountains as a good idea - Forested most of the time, and once your are out of ammo and supplies, you are out of ammo and supplies.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jonco6

I said "quasi-intelligent". This means that they retain basic human knowledge and intelligence, but far above your average zombie. The reason I really started this is because if zombies do (by some rare chance) invade humanity, then its better to prepare for the worst than expect the least.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
if anyone as every watched the "Ammo stockpile" videos on youtube the chances of people running out of ammo are slim to none.

youtube is a reflection on current society good or bad depends on how you want to look at it.

best ways to kill:

head shots
cut off the head
silver bullet to the head or heart yeah they arent werewolves but the properties of silver does act like antiboitics.
run them over in a semi or other big truck.

and last but not least fire

thermite
napalm
moltov cocktails

any number of ways to kill zombies even super zombies

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
even though i would LOVE the chance to be in the zombie holocaust setting, george carlin said it best (rip) you cant count on the zombies they move to slow. However if you wanna look at the virus/cause whatever changing the perosn in a leathery primitive walking cannibal. not dead but not alive. feeding on the warm flesh and blood of living humans. they would form packs and hunting parties. but not live like primitive man where they have family units and such. just a pack of hungry wolves dressed in the husks of dead human flesh. they use of blunt objects and no verbal communication would come into play that would be a zombie holocaust i would love to endure

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Pick up my pistol
Open my mouth
Put pistol in mouth at optimum angle
Pull trigger

Really, the situation you paint is a pretty dire one. Of course, there are many other details you didn't mention.

Is this just one zombie coming at you? Are you stocked up with food, water, weapons, etc.? Will you be surrounded by zombies? Is this just the first wave, or are zombies already well known of?

It's these other factors that really determine your survivability in this situation.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Now considering that the viral infection recently escaped from a facility near your home, the virus itself is only transferred by the original carriers of said virus. Then again, shooting yourself wouldnt be the best idea too - You never know how you might survive. It would be extremely possible to create a small, but heavily barricaded outpost using local debris and whatnot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join