It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lord of Darkness!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
S&F for an interesting thread and good explanations as to your thoughts and ideas.

What is most commendable to me is your willingness to think outside the box about these key concepts, for yourself. We are immersed in a world where so many have been taught to either not consider these concepts at all, or to think about them without questioning the existing framework that these ideas are usually framed in.

I encourage you to continue to find your own way in the contemplation of these ideas, while remaining open to additional resources, opinions and insights that find their way into your awareness. If you do, I would guess that you will do quite well.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The metaphor is carried far beyond what it can carry, and besides are some of the 'technical' details not correct from a science/logic perspective. E.g. is light actually cosmic 'order'.

In the following symbolism and theological speculations, are such intra-cosmic evaluations meaningless, as they would presume some knowledge of the trans-cosmic as a reference-point. A knowledge which only is alleged in the many forms of theist and metaphysical models, where 'order' can be many things very different from the 'order' of science/logic.

Though as a finger pointing in the direction of the 'dualistic' nature of cosmic existence, the thread is commendable and can hopefully continue once the basic suggestions have been sorted out.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I was wondering if I should look into sun worship while I was making this thread but I don't know enough about it and I think it would have made the original thought quite different.

Light is one of the highest, if not THE highest, vibration we as Humans understand and that is the key.

Hmmm...why are higher vibrations seen as better than lower ones--is this just a 'going up' or 'more is better' mentality or is there something more to it? And you say that physical is the lowest vibration, is this true or have we not looked at the possibility of lower ones in the same way as higher ones?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dudeawesome
reply to post by Agarta

I was wondering if I should look into sun worship while I was making this thread but I don't know enough about it and I think it would have made the original thought quite different.

Light is one of the highest, if not THE highest, vibration we as Humans understand and that is the key.

Hmmm...why are higher vibrations seen as better than lower ones--is this just a 'going up' or 'more is better' mentality or is there something more to it? And you say that physical is the lowest vibration, is this true or have we not looked at the possibility of lower ones in the same way as higher ones?

It's a mindset thíngy. In hierarchies it's mainly up and down. In egalitarian systems it's mainly the interaction, not the position.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I didn't really think this out on what sort of impact it would have on literally switching things around in terms of what seems to be right(light) and what seems to be wrong(dark).

Firstly I was speculating about the absence of darkness literally, and what it would mean to me if this were to happen. Secondly, the basis stemmed from religious/spiritual ideas of light overcoming darkness in a cosmic, admittedly metaphorical, struggle.

This got me to wondering, why the light? It seems like everything spiritual or religious is always going on about the 'light' with nary a kind word about the 'dark'. Comparing this to my hypothesis about removing light or darkness from the universe, in a metaphorical way, really left me confused, but I feel like I'm on to something. What that is? I don't know yet. I'm getting flashes of ideas, but I can't sort them out unfortunetly.

After reading so many conspiracy theory's around here, I notice that usually the conspiracy is to misdirect in one direction to draw attention away from the correct one. So, applying that to my little idea here, I came up with this backwards sounding darkness is light and light is darkness theory.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dudeawesome

I understand the idea, and it's un-orthodox enough to attract some interest.

But there is so many and so much different kind(s) of symbolism from several systems present, that it gets confusing eventually.

Maybe if you sorted it out and separated the optional perspectives with each its relationship to light/darkness.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Ok, how about this; Meditation

When meditation brings us to the point where self-talk ceases, the mind is anything but blank. Instead it’s full — full of an awareness of those sensations, feelings, emotions, and images. I like to think of this as one of the meanings of mindfulness – “mind-full-ness,” or the mind being so full that there’s no need for, and no room for, inner self-talk.

When we meditate, we are to calm the mind to stop its constant chit-chat and just be aware. This could be likened to, cosmicly, melding into space-the vast expanse of darkness. Once this has occurred, we can experience everything in space-all the light, all the mass, the vastness(or in the mind-sensations, emotions, images). It seems to be telling me to become the quiet, still, all-encompassing darkness to understand the light.

The ultimate achievement of meditation is nirvana, knowing the true value everything. Once this is done we can understand the mind of god. All things are in union-in the mind of god.

It also seems to me that light has the dualistic nature--with its creating of temporary things, and darkness holds the union of permanence--in that it is always there; when light comes the darkness does not leave, it is only shadowed temporarily. This could be compared to life. We are born out of nothingness and we return to it when we die. There are all sorts of en-light-ened ideas as to what happens when we die, but perhaps all of those ideas are negative instead of the positive affirmations they have been made out to be!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

God gives 7 times more light as the sun, in heaven there will all times be light and no shadow, that is because all citiszens are like glass. Ik believe we live IN the earth, so when you dig a hole in the earth deep enough to get on the other side, there will always be darkness: hell. There is the place where the UFO's come from... but that is another story..

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
How about this as well:
www.esvbible.org...

Genesis 1:1-2
1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

darkness and god were over these things. It could be taken that the second sentance was clarifying the first sentance in the second verse.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Could you give me a link to look into this higher frequency ascesion thing please. Alot of the stuff I'm coming up with is 2012 maya doomsday related.

Also, looking over your post again I found:

As you stated that light breaks down into different colors, we see the examples of the first 7 levels through these colors and how they blend together giving us an insight to the next level. The next 2 levels are represented by non visible light.

The top 2 levels of this higher frequency are non-visible light...isn't non-visible light darkness??

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

Ok, how about this; Meditation

When meditation brings us to the point where self-talk ceases, the mind is anything but blank. Instead it’s full — full of an awareness of those sensations, feelings, emotions, and images. I like to think of this as one of the meanings of mindfulness – “mind-full-ness,” or the mind being so full that there’s no need for, and no room for, inner self-talk.

When we meditate, we are to calm the mind to stop its constant chit-chat and just be aware. This could be likened to, cosmicly, melding into space-the vast expanse of darkness. Once this has occurred, we can experience everything in space-all the light, all the mass, the vastness(or in the mind-sensations, emotions, images). It seems to be telling me to become the quiet, still, all-encompassing darkness to understand the light.

The ultimate achievement of meditation is nirvana, knowing the true value everything. Once this is done we can understand the mind of god. All things are in union-in the mind of god.

It also seems to me that light has the dualistic nature--with its creating of temporary things, and darkness holds the union of permanence--in that it is always there; when light comes the darkness does not leave, it is only shadowed temporarily. This could be compared to life. We are born out of nothingness and we return to it when we die. There are all sorts of en-light-ened ideas as to what happens when we die, but perhaps all of those ideas are negative instead of the positive affirmations they have been made out to be!

It's sometimes difficult to see, so: I'm not sarcastic now.

I'm all with you on this post, which I find quite lucid, UNTIL you get to the point: Nirvana -----] 'god'. Where on earth did 'god' come into it?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldHag

God gives 7 times more light as the sun, in heaven there will all times be light and no shadow, that is because all citiszens are like glass. Ik believe we live IN the earth, so when you dig a hole in the earth deep enough to get on the other side, there will always be darkness: hell. There is the place where the UFO's come from... but that is another story..

Sounds somewhat like the nazi-adapted cosmic model, where cosmos is made of massive stone, with an empty space in the middle for this solar system.

Btw. you must have some pretty advanced scientific knowledge to be able to produce the " 'god' makes seven times the light of the sun'-hypothesis. Care to share it?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I'm not sure how it is really described in Buddhism or Hinduism but looking into nirvana I found that it was described as enlightenment...so I looked up enlightenment on wiki and found:
en.wikipedia.org...

Enlightenment in a secular context often means the "full comprehension of a situation", but in spiritual terms the word alludes to a spiritual revelation or deep insight into the meaning and purpose of all things, communication with or understanding of the mind of God, profound spiritual understanding or a fundamentally changed consciousness whereby everything is perceived as a unity.

Also considering Brahman the supreme god of Hinduism I assume this is a correct way to describe nirvana. I could be wrong though.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

I'm not sure how it is really described in Buddhism or Hinduism but looking into nirvana I found that it was described as enlightenment...so I looked up enlightenment on wiki and found:
en.wikipedia.org...

Enlightenment in a secular context often means the "full comprehension of a situation", but in spiritual terms the word alludes to a spiritual revelation or deep insight into the meaning and purpose of all things, communication with or understanding of the mind of God, profound spiritual understanding or a fundamentally changed consciousness whereby everything is perceived as a unity.

Also considering Brahman the supreme god of Hinduism I assume this is a correct way to describe nirvana. I could be wrong though.

No worries. Your intentions are decent, so I'll not bark.

Nirvana is a buddhistic concept. Hindus use Samadhi.

Sadly enough Wiki is wrong on this one. There is no 'god' in buddhism; to my knowledge the only thing Buddha ever said about it was: "No need to talk about it. You wouldn't understand it anyway". But there are 'gods' in buddhism, but they are not trans-cosmic, but a part of cosmos like the rest of us. And they are not enlightened, i.e. they are still living in dualism.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join