It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blinking UFO Captured over Astrakhan, Russia 2011-09-01

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Sorry folks, not too much information on this one and it's annoying with no landmarks etc. to get a scale of this, but any ideas as to what that is? Couple of brief blinking lights noticable away from main group of lights as well

Additionally, I did find this thread which mentions anti-aircraft defense systems in the vicinity, any connections?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Planes? Lanterns? Vehicles on a mountain in the background? SKDIVERS!? Somebody will be along any second throwing these explanations at you.

But since the lights are blinking in and out and moving independantly i would have too say that it is a Unidentified Flying(?) Object. But since we have no landmarks to access the location, i'm not going to rule out vehicles on a mountain. Even though to me that seems extreamly unlikely. Nice find!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
hmm...thats a crazy video...

heres the source:

full video + new channel + no dubbed sound...= slightly credible source
edit on 10-9-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It may just be the lights glow but It rather looks like it could be one object to me . Yay , finally another video that seems to be worth looking at.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

Good find

Agreed , very dubious , they look like some kind of lantern setup to me .

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It's hard, or near to impossible discerning the background, it may not be an aerial phenomenon. But as Astrakhan's main industry is in fuel, both gas and oil, it's not unlikely we're looking at a gas plant or oil refinery. Astrakhan oblast is also located near deserts and half-deserts, and it's not unlikely the plant or refinery is located there as well, explaining the lack of stars and clouds.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Very good find unfortunately with no perspective it could be anything. My gut says that it is in the air and might be lanterns staying clumped together. Very interesting. Thanks

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
With no perspective it is hard to tell, but this looks like a very interesting capture - assuming that it isn't purposefully faked (Which it'd seemingly have to be, considering this does NOT look like a car on a hill whatsoever.)

Gortex gave the best "logical" explanation. Perhaps there is a way to brighten up the video? Anyone know how to edit?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Im sorry, Doesn't look like a solid object. The lights seemed to be 'tied' together but not a sold object. They all drift independently. If these lights were moving rapidly, it may be a different story. But more floating somewhat stationary lights?

Boring.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Considering there are lights that "break" off from the group of 4lights gives me the impression that the things in the air are somehow on fire and the pieces of the light floating away is from whatever is burning.

Who knows though still seems a little to bright for fire.

edit on 10-9-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join