It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix police raid a church they call "House of Prostitution"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Phoenix police raid a church they call "House of Prostitution"

www.foxnews.com

Police arrested 18 people during Wednesday's raid at the Phoenix Goddess Temple. So far, 33 people have been indicted, most of them are employees.
One of the accuses says he is a spiritual warrior and a healer at the temple where he works. Averill is in jail, accused of selling himself for sex at the church.
"I say people call me what you will, but at my church, I'm labeled a practitioner. At my church, I'm labeled a shaman," he said.
Averill has been working for the Temple for a year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
religion.blogs.cnn.com
www.azcentral.com
Sedona Temple Facebook Page
edit on 10-9-2011 by PatriotWalkUSA because: Added link to facebook page for live coverage!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
First amendment raid? Police raid a "Church" in Arizona...I
s your religion safe? Police arrest "Temple Healers" in prostitution sting operation in Phoenix and Sedona, AZ. Workers there perform sexual healing acts in exchange for money or "offerings. Is this a modern day prostitution loop hole or freedom of sexual healing religious warship? Are police infringing on their 1st amendment rights to practice religion? They are a 501c3 organization and labeled a church, so what is all the fuss?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
By the way, I have reached 20 posts and was finally able to post my first thread this morning, and there you have it! How's that for a first thread?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Its a perfect situation.You can go get a hooker ,then do confession right afterwards.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotWalkUSA

great first thread topic..

Another religion hiding or manipulating their views to justify themselves..in my opinion.

Sometimes i wonder if we shouldn't start taxing ALL religions.. they seem to be running as businesses...and use their religious beliefs to get away with what others could never get away with.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Finally a full service church.There really is a god.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
As a taxpaying adult, I feel my "healing" is my business without any interference by the authorities.

What's next....

Sending the "authorities" and the spca into churches that subscribe to snake handling? Sorry, it was just so obvious.....

But we need prisoners to fill up all those private prisons being built. Especially in Arizona.....

www.azcorrections.gov...
edit on 10-9-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Now if they serve alcohol,they can rest assure I will become the best member they ever had.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
"sometimes people need to hugged for an hour and a half. Is there anything incriminating about that?"

I am speechless. I don't know what to even say, but that comment is the funniest thing I have heard in a while.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Another religion hiding or manipulating their views to justify themselves..in my opinion.

Sometimes i wonder if we shouldn't start taxing ALL religions.. they seem to be running as businesses...and use their religious beliefs to get away with what others could never get away with.

You're equating a scam to cover up for Prostitution to a real church? Amazing.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotWalkUSA
By the way, I have reached 20 posts and was finally able to post my first thread this morning, and there you have it! How's that for a first thread?
Its a wonderful post.With all the gloom around,it is comforting to know that the people af arizona can get thier worship and groove on all in the same session.This is a great example of multi tasking.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Thats just the point...what is a real church?

Many would say they have the right to choose their religion, and what is "real" to them.. and you can't argue that point.

Many do not realize what is invested into with the money they give their so called "real churches" ,and much corruption and manipulation is involved with these monies.

I'm not saying taxing churches would solve the problems.. but religions being exempt from the money they take in as offerings...is often being used and abused.. and we can see that clearly.

let me ask you this...what in your opinion is a REAL church?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Does a real church require you to pay for it's services? He should have called for donations instead of charging a flat out fee.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is a church of god with hos,healers,pimps and players.They should continue serving and healing the community.Hosanna in the highest.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by gabby2011

Does a real church require you to pay for it's services? He should have called for donations instead of charging a flat out fee.

I think they referred to them as "offerings"... which is essentially the same idea.

Don't misunderstand me..I think what this church does isn't very moral..and I don't get into all the "sexual" healing stuff..with offerings in return..

That being said though..many could look at what has been done with the money procured from donations and offerings in other churches..and wonder why these organizations get to rake in the big bucks, and not have to pay taxes..all because they are "working" for god ? Its clear to see..by the property and material wealth they have that they are being totally self serving..whether they see it as that or not.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Blaine91555

Thats just the point...what is a real church?

Many would say they have the right to choose their religion, and what is "real" to them.. and you can't argue that point.

Many do not realize what is invested into with the money they give their so called "real churches" ,and much corruption and manipulation is involved with these monies.

I'm not saying taxing churches would solve the problems.. but religions being exempt from the money they take in as offerings...is often being used and abused.. and we can see that clearly.

let me ask you this...what in your opinion is a REAL church?

It depends on the size of the membership and how long you have been around. Its a long hard road to grow the business and be promoted from cult to religion. It would make a fun board game I think. Like monopoly with martyrs.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

A "real" church? The main point is that they can do what they want and if that involves sex between consenting parties then so be it.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
In one of the articles/videos about this temple, they offer sexual healing and prostate stroking! Who is down for a prostate massage? Where's the KY Jelly?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
As your source states, it's name is Phoenix Goddess Temple, not church.
Here is another source that states, "Temple."
abcnews.go.com...
More typical MSM slant to disparage Christians.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It may say temple, but I am sure it is labeled as a church as far as taxes are concerned. Why do you think they would be so nonchalantly preforming sexual healing and giving prostate milkings in broad daylight without fear of repercussions. I think this story will get more interesting as time goes on and people take notice! Is Rev. Al Sharpton really a minister? Did he get his Rev. title online or from a AA churchgroup? Does he not have to pay taxes on something?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join