It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities Concerned About Possible Dirty Bomb, Times Square Strike

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Authorities Concerned About Possible Dirty Bomb, Times Square Strike

newyork.cbslocal.com[/u rl]

The crossroads of the world came to a grinding halt at various times Friday because for police Times Square has become the ground zero of the latest terror threat. Sources told CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer that another attempt to explode a bomb there is a key concern, and the intelligence suggests it could be a dirty bomb.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9/10/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The threat is now the possibility of a dirty bomb, fears of bomb explosion was bad enough now the fear is of an even worse type of bomb.

Source

A dirty bomb is a speculative radiological weapon that combines radioactive material with conventional explosives. The purpose of the weapon is to contaminate the area around the explosion with radioactive material, hence the attribute "dirty".

An ongoing discussion about the original threat can be found on this thread here authored by member LadySkadi.

If anyone is in New York City or even Washington, D.C. please stay alert, stay safe, and this time actually listen to the authorities. Plan for the worst and hope for the best!

newyork.cbslocal.com[/u rl]
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9/10/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I don't think anything will happen tomorrow. I also think that all this attention is an attempt to rouse up some idiots wanting to be able to capitalize on the media coverage of a stupid stunt or copycat attempt at evil.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
For some reason, I cannot believe that there is any real 'terror plot' at all.

I think that this is too keep it fresh in our memories (keep us on edge) and mostly to create new opportunities to re-open the conversation about the Official Story.

New opportunities to 'fix' the lies.....

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm so skeptical of any and all information coming from the "authorities".....

With all the proven previous lies; they now want us to believe them. Boy/Wolf anyone?

If a dirty bomb does go off it's the "authorities" that should be questioned first. They don't care about us! Their main concern is to continue to exist with support from tax dollars even at the expense of a few American lives and the fear of millions. Typical Reichstag gambit like the anthrax scare.

www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Sept 12, the sun will come out and all will be well. An event like this is inevitable but the people wanting to carry out this type of action will do it when least expected for maximum damage. By having this stupidity plastered all over the media it will clearly deter anyone from attacking the listed targets. Do intel sources really believe that such an action would be attempted given the awareness, of course not, just bogeyman tactics.

brill

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
For some reason, I cannot believe that there is any real 'terror plot' at all.

I think that this is too keep it fresh in our memories (keep us on edge) and mostly to create new opportunities to re-open the conversation about the Official Story.

New opportunities to 'fix' the lies.....

I do not think there is any terror plot.

First of all, how many other "terror plot" warnings have we ever received? If anyone can recall the color coded terror alerts we used to have, the Government would raise the alert level but ALWAYS refuse to say why. They never wanted to tip off the "terrorist" and put their investigation in jeopardy. Now all of the sudden we are being given details of a plot that they have received intelligence about? It makes no sense.

Secondly, what is the plot? First it was car bombs, now it is a dirty bomb, tomorrow it will be ice cream trucks packed with dirty bombs and hidden in a frozen chicken. Can anyone name any Government or Law Enforcement Agency that has ever in history put out details of any kind about an ongoing investigation?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It'll be worthwhile keeping an eye on those cities recenty evacuated with all the Irene hoohaa...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It'll be worthwhile keeping an eye on those cities recenty evacuated with all the Irene hoohaa. If you catch my drift...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Just after NYC was evacuated for Hurricane Irene.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
so this is what al-CIAda has been working on for the anniversary celebration all along.

a dirty bomb? i think not. 9/11 is a permanent campaign and most every act of terror can be traced back to the Police State itself, given ample time and investigation.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It would only be considered a "dirty bomb" if the terrorist soils himself before lighting the fuse, right?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I am sick and tired about hearing the yanks and brits cry wolf all the time.

Just blow up a dirty bomb already.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Would be a nice way to get cheap property in NYC or London.

Hmmm. Just put the fear of radiation into the city and property prices tank.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymouth

Careful what you wish for.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by Anonymouth

Careful what you wish for.

Yes, you are right, I should be more specific in my wishes.

Hmmm... nice Stay Puff marshmallow van, in Blue.
Lots of nails and sutff in the bombs...
Lots of radioactive isotopes.
Make sure the focus is upwards so it gets high into the air.

Infact, make them maybe 5 vans.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
My greatest concern is the homegrown Islamist types. It's been documented that various Islamic terrorist groups (yes, they exist and yes they are an actual danger believe it or not) have been desperate to recruit Islamic converts of non Arab descent. Why? Because they speak like us, look like us, dress like us, and know how to act like us. They would be far more dangerous than any dirty bomb. car bomb, or suicide bomber/gunman could ever hope to be.

Too many people are obsessed with looking for the stereotypical Muslim guy "with a footlong beard and a towel on his head" or the Muslim lady "with a veil from head to toe". I got news for you folks, they do not dress like that when "operational"! The 9/11 hijackers were clean shaven, wore western clothing, drank alcohol, and visited a strip club in Portland, Maine on the night of Sept. 9th 2001.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It's just a psy-ops to reinforce the fear they caused everyone on 911.

See how everyone gives up their right to be free from unlawful search and seizure?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
On BBC breakfast news this morning they stated that the info about the latest terror threat came from the Pakistani authorities. Wouldn't be at all surprised to find that the info was complete rubbish, and given so the US authorities appear to cry wolf. The Pakistani government still hasn't forgiven the US for killing OBL after all...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

There isn't enough money on the planet to live in NYC. I don't understand why people continue to subject themselves to the place of insanity. Don't you realize it doesn't have to be this way? 9/11, dirty bomb scares the city has it own military, road blocks everywhere. Is it that the residents are addicted to the chaos? Or they simply just don't want a life?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join