It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Invasion makes the news: Are they worried about something?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
VideoHope this hasnt been posted before, I couldnt find it on search.

On feburary 4th, 2008, NASA beamed the song across the universe by the beetles towards the North Star. 431 billion light years into deep space.

Are you kidding me? What happened to our own space programs, they have been shut down for not enough funding. BUT they have reopened a few months ago, why are we sending a song into space? Better question is, from the beetles.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Yeah made the news in 2010.

These clips are from 2010, so hardly news!!

By the way it's Beatles, not Beetles. And they rocked!!!

edit on 10/9/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: to add OP's video

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Ah thanks. Dont mind if a mod closes this if its already been discussed.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by scapers2u

Seems old. When was this originally aired? i saw that stephen hawking movie ages ago on the net.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Perhaps they are scared of this

Perhaps this is why they want the gold, to offer to them to make them stay away.

edit on 10-9-2011 by Anonymouth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Why worry about something they have known about all along?..

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Great, so if ET does show up they probably came to turn that crap off. I`d get sick of hearing it after awhile, why not send an intelligent message instead of just pissing them off? If i could live the rest of my life without having to hear about the Beatles ever again i could die a happy man.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by scapers2u
why are we sending a song into space? Better question is, from the beetles.

Great question actually...this is irresponsible
We already know what happens when we attract the likes of beetle like aliens
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1cf8d7a8041a.jpg[/atsimg]

The horrors...they go left...then go down a bit and reverse direction...over and over until touchdown.

(or are these the crab species...donno...they look beetle to me...either way, we need destructible shields and a tank that goes back and forth underneath them...remember, shoot slightly ahead of the target)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

Great, so if ET does show up they probably came to turn that crap off. I`d get sick of hearing it after awhile,

i think you misunderstand.. we are not booming it out into space on repeat..

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well, we should just go for broke and send this out:

Either they will quarantine us for eternity, or simply invade and kill us all...roll the dice, either way, we deserve our fate for this abomination being made.
edit on 10-9-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
Great, so if ET does show up they probably came to turn that crap off. I`d get sick of hearing it after awhile, why not send an intelligent message instead of just pissing them off? If i could live the rest of my life without having to hear about the Beatles ever again i could die a happy man.

Can I e-hug you? That was awesome and thanks because I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates that band and thinks they're overrated with pretty crappy songs. Are they so popular and known because there was nothing else going on in music at the time? I just don't get it.

The only good thing they did was inspire Ozzy Osbourne to become a singer/songwriter, thus giving us Black Sabbath and the birth of the greatest music genre in history.

*throws up the horns in salute to metal*

And yeah, I always wondered why they stopped sending messages and decided to play songs towards stars instead. Be funny if they invaded us in future though and blasted some Judas Priest or Deep Purple as they blew up our cities with their ray guns in retaliation.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

ET were even at an Ozzy concert at (Tinly Park? 2008?) years ago. Man even the Ozzman brings im in from light years away

The beatles sucked then and they suck now. I Apologize if i offended anyone but the truth hurts sometimes.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Ive got plenty of quarters to deal with that threat

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Shouldn't we be sending this instead?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Shouldn't we be sending this instead?

lol

ok, obscure reference defined

edit on 10-9-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

We should be sending this.
edit on 10-9-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I really don't respect Stephen Hawking after hearing his thoughts on this. So apparently this man is some genius eh? Yet he thinks advanced civilizations would be like nomads traveling through galaxies wiping out other species and taking their "resources". That idea is completely ludicrous. For a civilization to reach the point of intergalactic travel they would likely need to become harmonious with their environment and work together in peace as a species. Not only that, "resources" needed for fuel and energy would likely come from the stars, water, or some other source maybe from the quantum world we are not yet aware of.

Finally, the fact of the matter is, if there are aliens out there then I would think it's safe to assume they are already here observing us and have proved they are no threat.

Is it possible there are "evil" aliens out there that could pose a threat? Of course. Is it likely? Not at all, and Mr. Hawking should really be ashamed of such an elementary analysis of this subject.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
So is it odd that my favorite band is Sabbath yet i still like the Beatles?

Well, the later, drugged out Beatles, not the early "love me do" crap.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 11:11

Why would a society have to be peaceful and harmonious to be able to travel through space?

China wasn't harmonious for a few centuries and yet they created some of the greatest things ever invented during their times of constant war (like paper, written language, early versions of tanks, crossbows, list goes on and on)

Plus wouldn't it make more sense for a society constantly at war to send its own into space because of a lack of safety and resources on their home planet?

The Spanish sailed to South America and butchered the natives while at the time they had the Inquisition going on at home.

And Jepic......I would've said "Symptom Of The Universe" or "Planet Caravan" by Black Sabbath personally.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I consider this kind of thing unbalanced. Why not send out video clips of human war and conflicts or broadcasts of the grand deceptions and lies that goverments have formulated. Or simply a message stating 'The human race is not to be trusted. Make contact at your own risk.'

top topics

<<   2 >>

join