It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The brown lady"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

This ghost photo is known as The Brown Lady and is probably the most famous ghost picture ever taken. The story goes is that the woman in the ghost picture is the ghost of Lady Dorothy Townsend. Lady Townsend lived in Raynham Hall Mansion in Norfolk, England in the 1700's. It is said that Lady Townsend's husband, Charles Townsend, suspected his wife of being unfaithful and even though she is listed as having been buried in 1725 many people think that her death and funeral were faked. Instead, Lady Townsend was locked away in a remote part of the house until she passed away some years later. Ever since then she is thought to be haunting Raynham Hall. This particular ghost picture was taken in 1936 and appeared in Country Life magazine.

Although I haven't heard of this story, it's very famous.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KnIghtWytchh

Photoshop or it didn´t happen.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
yes, nice picture. its also called the "mona lisa" of the paranormal.
i wonder who has the original and if it has been investigated.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Here is another story:

Of all the ghost pictures we have seen this has to be one of the ghost pictures that most tugs at our heart strings. The woman that took the ghost pictures says that some months after her first baby was born her father died. When her second baby was born the baby was born early and had to stay in the hospital for an extended period. All the time her new baby was in the hospital she kept thinking about her father and wishing he was there to give her strength. Her baby eventually recovered and went on to be big and strong. However, some time later when she was looking through picture taken in the hospital she was stopped in her tracks when she saw this picture. The face in the glass hovering over her poorly son was the face of her dead father. The ghost picture was proof positive to her that her father never left her side when she needed him the most.

Please tell me what you think.
edit on 10-9-2011 by KnIghtWytchh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by KnIghtWytchh

Originally posted by KnIghtWytchh

The Brown Lady and is probably the most famous ghost picture ever taken.
What caused you to arrive at this conclusion?

Although I haven't heard of this story, it's very famous.

Also, what is the reason for stressing the point that it is famous?
Doesn't make sense. You state it twice, but you had never heard of it before.

Personal opinion: Doesn't look like anything special, to me. Your wording causes expectations to be raised. After that, the pic itself is actually quite disappointing.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
That kid's dad looks like a demonic Colonel Sanders.

I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Yes, I know I took this paragraph off a website. I said it was a story, and the "Although I haven't heard of it it's very famous" was my own opinion. They aren't my personal experiences.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

The reason being is that the photo was captured by photographers from a well known and popular main stream British magazine called "Country Life" back in 1936.

So everyone considered it as being credible due to it's affiliation and subsequent endorsement by the well known and now time-life publication.

The Brown Lady of Raynham Hall is a ghost which reportedly haunts Raynham Hall in Norfolk. It became one of the most famous hauntings in Great Britain when the image of the 'Brown Lady' was captured by photographers from Country Life magazine who were photographing the staircase in 1936.[1][2] The 'Brown Lady' is so named because of the brown brocade dress it is claimed she wears.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
the picture with the baby just looks like light reflecting on the babys box to me...i see no face *shrugs*

top topics

join